New Essence Mag Interview: Brandy On Learning Her True Self At 40

Started by clutch, April 11, 2019, 10:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

She talks about Star, her 90s braids and overcoming insecurities. The part below was most interesting to me:

What's next for Brandy?

I want to do a musical in film. And not that I didn't do Cinderella before, but it's not my story. I want to play myself. If I can't play myself and tell my own story, how can I play Eartha Kitt. I need to do what I'm about to do because of the higher work that I'm about to do.

Is this in the works?

It's all in the works. Yeah, it's inspired by my life and we put songs to it. I did Broadway and I fell in love with it. I want to feel what that's like again in my own story.

https://www.essence.com/feature/brandy-learning-her-true-self-at-40/

BAPHOMET.

Im actually surprised she didnt mention new music at all. 

CREAM.

long-timeTheRoofFan

I'd LOVE to see Brandy play Ertha in a movie with a solid directer on board.

I'm curious to see what is included in the Brandy Story Musical.. hopefully some tea we don't already know and hopefully some AMAZING casting to fill out all the people in her life for the story.

:wub:

Her owning all of her own martial now makes sense if she's about to make a musical movie about herself too- she's about to be even richer.

:wub:

FlowerBomb

She wants to do a whole broadway show about herself but struggling to even put out music?

Vonc2002

Not a musical about her life :dead:
And Brandy doesn't give Eartha kitt in any shape form or fashion so why the hell would she be looking to play her :uhh:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 11, 2019, 10:43:58 AM
Not a musical about her life :dead:
And Brandy doesn't give Eartha kitt in any shape form or fashion so why the hell would she be looking to play her :uhh:

Gilgamesh.

Cowboy Nine

CREAM.

Quote from: Anti-Black on April 11, 2019, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: clutch on April 11, 2019, 10:30:34 AM
She talks about Star, her 90s braids and overcoming insecurities.
jknjknjknkmklmklmlk
jjiiiiuyYGGFFFCVNMKKKKIVVVVCCFGHJMMmmmzbzn