B7 IS FUCKING HERE!!!!!

Started by Heated🔥, June 30, 2020, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: KippDaddy on July 15, 2020, 10:17:41 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 15, 2020, 09:59:59 AM
To be fair, y'all "in the know" have been saying for a while "just wait til you see this rollout! Promo like never before! End of two single eras for good!" and now it feels like all that is being back tracked. I get we're in a pandemic and things change, so I'm not mad at it. But don't gaslight the girls when ya'll are the ones who set up this expectation of something different this time around.  :dead:

Listen before COvid there was an entire plan:  radio tour,  performances,  tv,  the norm.    Covid hit.   Plus folk are lucky they are getting the damn album.  Brandy just isn't an industry girl.   She loves music but doesn't like the politics,  the stays,  the expectations,  etc. 

Again we Lucky we getting the damn album.

I get that and tbh I'd be the same way. The industry seems terrible. All I'm saying is be easier on people who are disappointed since we came into this expecting a completetly different experience from the past 4 albums due to her being indie and it's been literally the same ole story. That's fine and I think people are starting to expect that from her now.

Monika

To be fair, y'all "in the know" have been saying for a while "just wait til you see this rollout! Promo like never before! End of two single eras for good!" and now it feels like all that is being back tracked. I get we're in a pandemic and things change, so I'm not mad at it. But don't gaslight the girls when ya'll are the ones who set up this expectation of something different this time around.  :dead:

Listen before COvid there was an entire plan:  radio tour,  performances,  tv,  the norm.    Covid hit.   Plus folk are lucky they are getting the damn album.  Brandy just isn't an industry girl.   She loves music but doesn't like the politics,  the stays,  the expectations,  etc. 

yeah, I can tell that Brandy loves doing music. That creative part of putting a song together, is where she really shines to me. Seems like likes to perform also, but all the other stuff that comes with it she's not into that.
Yahudah

Le Champ

An easy fix would be to have a professional digital/online marketing team that includes social media management but I guess.
People just want the best for Bran, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that but whatever. We can't want it more than her. Just give us the music
:19k:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: KippDaddy on July 15, 2020, 10:24:56 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 15, 2020, 10:21:30 AM

I get that and tbh I'd be the same way. The industry seems terrible. All I'm saying is be easier on people who are disappointed since we came into this expecting a completetly different experience from the past 4 albums due to her being indie and it's been literally the same ole story. That's fine and I think people are starting to expect that from her now.

Well maybe this will be her last album.   Then she won't have to
Live up or not live up to those expectations  ;-)

Maybe lolz. Might be the best decision for everyone involved

:letsmessfag:

Though I will be forever pissed if her last alber is a camper produced mess

:fuming:

Monika

No!  :'(
Yahudah

Harlem

Quote from: Lee on July 15, 2020, 10:27:04 AM

An easy fix would be to have a professional digital/online marketing team that includes social media management but I guess.
People just want the best for Bran, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that but whatever. We can't want it more than her. Just give us the music

!!!!

I'm sorry but THIS>>>>>

Hiring a digital marketing/social team should've been an easier route for Bran b/c she doesn't like to show up anywhere anyway... but to be active on social media & have graphic/motion designers make her cool quick graphics to promote her shit that is easy... the excuses on here smh... all brands had to utilize their digital and social teams more than ever to stay a float during COVID & Bran should've followed suit too but like Kipp already said she's gonna do her so we just gon have to deal...

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Harlem on July 15, 2020, 10:37:40 AM
Quote from: Lee on July 15, 2020, 10:27:04 AM

!!!!

I'm sorry but THIS>>>>>

Hiring a digital marketing/social team should've been an easier route for Bran b/c she doesn't like to show up anywhere anyway... but to be active on social media & have graphic/motion designers make her cool quick graphics to promote her shit that is easy... the excuses on here smh... all brands had to utilize their digital and social teams more than ever to stay a float during COVID & Bran should've followed suit too but like Kipp already said she's gonna do her so we just gon have to deal...

I think she thinks if she's gonna flop she'd rather flop without putting in the effort. Like, at least she can justify the flop if she didn't really promote. If she put a huge effort into a digital presence and the album still had poor sales I think that would bother her a lot more than not trying and it not selling.

Harlem

Sheesh this defeated a mentality... I hope that's not the case
:stressed:

Le Champ

Quote from: Harlem on July 15, 2020, 10:46:34 AM
Sheesh this defeated a mentality... I hope that's not the case
:stressed:
Hopefully Borderline is a fresh start but I'm not holding my breath lol.
I know the music will be incredible though.

lovechild

Brandy has said over and over that she wants this album to reach the "masses" and that she was treating this like her last project and it's clearly special to her.

Hopefully they have plans to have her everywhere the week of the album and yes it would be great if she was better at social media. 

Aalumeci.

Quote from: lovechild on July 15, 2020, 11:28:20 AM
Brandy has said over and over that she was treating this like her last project

Say what?

hewritez

Don't understand why people are being punitive towards others for simply
expressing their thoughts/concerns in a respectful manner.

If not here, where else would people discuss Brandy? It's not like you can waltz into a bar and
start talking about Brandy's upcoming hotly anticipated album with your friends.
at least not mine.  :dead:

this is a fan site. let people talk.  :dead:

JCJ 🪐

Why are you getting mad on her behalf  :dead:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

hewritez

Quote from: myneed on July 15, 2020, 11:52:24 AM

!!!
cabals;aj

"Well maybe that's all you'll get! Hmph!!!"

girl

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: hewritez on July 15, 2020, 11:55:14 AM
Quote from: myneed on July 15, 2020, 11:52:24 AM

!!!
cabals;aj

"Well maybe that's all you'll get! Hmph!!!"

girl

Like...is it your project? These phone calls with Sonja must be something ELSE
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"