Official Billboard Awards Thread - Brandy Medley including songs from b7

Started by Brandy's Unconditional Ocean, October 14, 2020, 06:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: BORderline on October 18, 2020, 12:49:21 PM
Quote from: Lee on October 18, 2020, 12:44:40 PM
The album has been out since July and I can count on one hand how many people I've seen from the GP who've made a fuss about the mental health thing :dead:
y'all are being dramatic as USUAL

Im sure we already discussed all that shit on July 31st and August 1st but let's discuss it  again... as if it will change something.
:dead:
Also, Did I mention today that I don't like the album,  the performances, or the vocals today  :omf:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 18, 2020, 12:48:43 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:43:33 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 18, 2020, 12:40:11 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:32:14 PM
And this "it's ok b/c white people do it" logic
quote where I said that. This is why it's better to just leave some people be.  All people aren't equipped to have a convo or can understand it :dead:

Alright then scoot on out. No one asked for your ignorant opinion in here anyway. This is especially rich coming from the person who resorts to insults and attacks whenever you don't agree with something. People may find your behavior entertaining but it's very transparent.
Transparent!
Fag, please :kii:
U asked by being in every thread MISERABLE and  killing mine and everyone else's joy, so imma tag yo weird ass accordingly.  That's why i dont try to have a convo with u, ur not equipped.  I'll stick to name calling instead,  pasty fag

No one has the power to kill your joy  :dead:

The fact that you can't handle dissent and repeatedly feel the need to personally attack me shows how truly pressed you are. So yes, transparent indeed.

Annie

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 18, 2020, 12:43:15 PM
Quote from: Annie on October 18, 2020, 12:34:15 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 18, 2020, 12:18:23 PM
Like let's go thru the history books of artists that have used that kinda imagery and I've never heard this bullshit.  I'll start. Was there backlash here?
Annie where are the comments on this

I hate white people. THERE! I said it smh
We are talking 2020
Looking back that was a mess
But I just told you there is a difference sometimes..it all depends on the context. It depends on the music too.

I don't get why we can't just discuss these things. Are we twelve?
And i just posted a girl using the same imagery currently.  Girl just shut up :dead:

I just listened, what a terrible song.

/.\

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:47:21 PM
Quote from: BORderline on October 18, 2020, 12:42:43 PM
Quote from: 123 on October 18, 2020, 12:41:01 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:36:50 PM
Like let's go thru the history books of artists that have used that kinda imagery and I've never heard this bullshit.  I'll start. Was there backlash here?

We are talking 2020
But I just told you there is a difference sometimes..it all depends on the context. It depends on the music too.

Right? The name-calling and hissy fits are so unnecessary. It's a child having a tantrum b/c it can't handle anything outside of its own worldview.
The fucking nerve. You are a whole hypocrite. This has literally been you for the last few months.

I was like... wtf
:plzstop:

Please show me where I have attacked anyone personally for liking the album. I'm allowed to be disappointed and have differing opinions. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. I'm referring to these fits and name-calling that escalate the tone of the discussion.
You've insulted people's musical tastes, accused people of groupthink, and constantly spammed threads with your opinion in an abrasive manner JUST because most people here disagree with your thoughts on Brandy/B7.
^

Vonc2002

Quote from: Annie on October 18, 2020, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 18, 2020, 12:43:15 PM

We are talking 2020

And i just posted a girl using the same imagery currently.  Girl just shut up :dead:

I just listened, what a terrible song.
And a certified hit. Maybe someone should tell her that it's problematic :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Bigmacthawoppa

The album has been out since July and I can count on one hand how many people I've seen from the GP who've made a fuss about the mental health thing :dead:

Since when has public perception been a reliable barometer for what's socially acceptable? If we're going by that logic then racism and homophobia are fine too b/c there's a couple hundred million trump supporters that don't think there's any issue with it in this country  :dead:

That mentality is late and flawed.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: 123 on October 18, 2020, 12:52:29 PM

We are talking 2020

Right? The name-calling and hissy fits are so unnecessary. It's a child having a tantrum b/c it can't handle anything outside of its own worldview.
The fucking nerve. You are a whole hypocrite. This has literally been you for the last few months.

I was like... wtf

Please show me where I have attacked anyone personally for liking the album. I'm allowed to be disappointed and have differing opinions. That doesn't make me a hypocrite. I'm referring to these fits and name-calling that escalate the tone of the discussion.
You've insulted people's musical tastes, accused people of groupthink, and constantly spammed threads with your opinion in an abrasive manner JUST because most people here disagree with your thoughts on Brandy/B7.

How is that a personal attack? This place is essentially an echo chamber of the same ideas. Because I don't like something is not an insult to someone else's musical tastes.

BORderline

Gorl, you are always condescending as if your taste is perched up the sky
To you, anybody showing interest to B7 is either fake or with poor taste...

dk'dkdkdjd'dgkkghlchlc

Who are you?! 

Vonc2002

Quote from: BORderline on October 18, 2020, 12:57:11 PM
Gorl, you are always condescending as if your taste is perched up the sky

dk'dkdkdjd'dgkkghlchlc

Who are you?!
A NOBODY! :plzstop:

BORderline

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:54:29 PM

Since when has public perception been a reliable barometer for what's socially acceptable? If we're going by that logic then racism and homophobia are fine too b/c there's a couple hundred million trump supporters that don't think there's any issue with it in this country  :dead:

That mentality is late and flawed.

Here we go Star Jones

Mugljfljfljclhflufluf'
LORDDD

Vonc2002

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: BORderline on October 18, 2020, 12:57:11 PM
Gorl, you are always condescending as if your taste is perched up the sky

dk'dkdkdjd'dgkkghlchlc

Who are you?!

Well, I apologize for coming across as condescending. It is not my intent and likely coming through because of my disappointment. Music is subjective so I don't mean to denigrate others' opinions. I obviously get defensive when personally attacked but would prefer to have constructive conversations about it instead.

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:55:54 PM

We are talking 2020

I was like... wtf

How is that a personal attack? This place is essentially an echo chamber of the same ideas. Because I don't like something is not an insult to someone else's musical tastes.
Enough with the semantics. Yes, you expressed your opinion. You also attacked a group of people and did so repeatedly because you thought they had poor taste in music and an inability to form their own opinion. You really thought we disagreed with you because something was wrong with US and you reminded us that you felt that way CONSTANTLY. You are a whole hypocrite.
^

Vonc2002

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: 123 on October 18, 2020, 01:05:32 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:55:54 PM

We are talking 2020

I don%u2019t get why we can%u2019t just discuss these things. Are we twelve?

I was like... wtf

Enough with the semantics. Yes, you expressed your opinion. You also attacked a group of people and did so repeatedly because you thought they had poor taste in music and an inability to form their own opinion. You really thought we disagreed with you because something was wrong with US and you reminded us that you felt that way CONSTANTLY. You are a whole hypocrite.

Well I apologize if I've made you feel as though you have poor taste in music. That's not my intent. It can be hard to maintain neutrality when discussing these topics given the tone and feel that is pervasive on this forum. I don't want to come off as a hypocrite though so it's good to know how my words are interpreted and I can make changes as appropriate.