GHan's darkest song?

Started by herbie, May 03, 2020, 11:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

Quote from: 4everMonk on May 04, 2020, 12:09:23 AM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on May 03, 2020, 11:48:57 PM
This was right after the car accident .. she was devastated .. I get chills every-time I hear it

this is one of the most substantive tracks ever written by/for an RnB artist.

I wish Brandy would consider re-recording and updating it. It really is a masterpiece

Franks pen game at one point was genius

The world needs a song like that.

DraeDrizzl3

Whew, yall already said it. Freedom
:gorlonfire:

SouravMay

B7

GLOCK

For me 

I tried 
I feel like it's so late at night and raining
and she's contemplating driving over and keying up his MESS

Moon

Quote from: 4everMonk on May 04, 2020, 12:09:23 AM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on May 03, 2020, 11:48:57 PM
This was right after the car accident .. she was devastated .. I get chills every-time I hear it

this is one of the most substantive tracks ever written by/for an RnB artist.

I wish Brandy would consider re-recording and updating it. It really is a masterpiece

Franks pen game at one point was genius

Oof if she updated and release this mess I would be in heaven

And bran has said before that she loves this song

Moon

driving late at night in the winter with "Focus" infgffjfjfjend
f
f
f
r
r
rrff

b7

Freedom is such a perfect interpretive vocal. It would never be the same if she touched it again 

that take, whenever she recorded it between 07-08 was magical. One of my most favorite songs 

Moon

Quote from: 1RIG on May 04, 2020, 03:51:14 AM
Freedom is such a perfect interpretive vocal. It would never be the same if she touched it again

that take, whenever she recorded it between 07-08 was magical. One of my most favorite songs

this is going to sound really random but freedom leaked around the time tomb raider anniversary was released dffff

all I can think of when I listen to that song is the game. The ruins and the old roman colosseum (as she sings about lions and crowds etc)

I've always linked two and two together

:stressed:

b7

May 04, 2020, 03:56:51 AM #23 Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:57:09 AM by 1RIG
There's something pretty sinister about "Anybody", for me

Definitely haunting toward the latter half of that song with the backwards violin and weird vocal choice to almost mimic or counter what was happening with the violin. It was an incredible moment Ndndnfn and of course these LOWS she's hitting

4:00 to the end. This haunted house vocal  :uhh:

whatever

Moon

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 04, 2020, 03:48:38 AM
For me

I tried
Nigga!  :uhh:

I swear I've always pictured a video for it to be just like that. Right after the "Crying never kept you at home anyway" part, I see her storming to his place and crying in the rain
:plzstop:

b7

Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on May 04, 2020, 04:26:33 AM
For me

I tried

I swear I've always pictured a video for it to be just like that. Right after the "Crying never kept you at home anyway" part, I see her storming to his place and crying in the rain
!!!! That video would have been epic

The treatment she had for the Afro era is so weird to me. Even if Full moon didn't sell 9 million copies over, she wasn't no damn flop. She deserved a big ass budget and should have been performing at the BET awards on the main stage.

I will never understand why they settled for anything damn less

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: 1RIG on May 04, 2020, 04:31:41 AM
Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on May 04, 2020, 04:26:33 AM
For me

I tried

!!!! That video would have been epic

The treatment she had for the Afro era is so weird to me. Even if Full moon didn't sell 9 million copies over, she wasn't no damn flop. She deserved a big ass budget and should have been performing at the BET awards on the main stage.

I will never understand why they settled for anything damn less
Yeah, it really blew my mind that she got the pre-show :dead:

Wasn't it the week after the album dropped? She debuted at #3 after two big artists at the time (Lloyd Banks and Lil Wayne), if I'm not mistaken. They did her dirty.

Annie

I think Freedom
but also Human..because the lyrics are so raw..we all know it was about the tragic accident 

/.\