Brandy?s NSO shows canceled due to (finally explains illness and apologizes)

Started by Steffon, January 15, 2019, 12:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'ology

Quote from: Vocal Issues on January 25, 2019, 01:53:37 PM
Quote from: silentbx on January 25, 2019, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: Bish on January 25, 2019, 12:05:28 PM
Silent I see you active...what?s good?

I guess that?s why you said that set list wasn?t real because there ain?t a damn set.

Don't do that. I understand there's anger... rightfully so. Everyone is disappointed at this point. Lots of people traveled... hell I came from Puerto Rico. I GET IT. Trust.

But do you think she's sitting up in her room rejoicing that she HAD to cancel what is probably the two biggest shows of her career thus far? She's not.

And not for nothing, the ones talking about being done with her and not trusting her to buy another concert ticket ever again... when has she EVER canceled a show like this? This isn't Lauryn Hill. Brandy isn't known for canceling shows...

Again, I understand the anger. Money was spent, rooms were booked, flights, tickets... I get it. I am extremely saddened for the fans, for Brandy, for all involved. If you truly know her, you know she feels the same.

On another note, who from this board is now in DC? Can someone get a list together? Tariq can you assist? I am thinking of filming something with the fans that are here... (Brandy has no idea about this, nor does it involve her, just to clarify).

Listen, I know it's a frustrating time to be a Brandy fan. I read EVERY thing you guys post, comment, tweet, etc. I understand... and all I can say is... at some point anything in life gets better. Just keep her in positive spirits... she NEEDS that.

Hey I'm nick from Dallas.

I bought a ticket and hotel. Literally just landed to see the news.

The difference between you and the rest of us is you see talk to and hang with brandy daily and have gone to many of her concerts heavily discounted if not FOR FREE.  You can hit up bran to pay for your tickets and refunds So hearing you came from Puerto Rico no one really cares tbh are you able to assist with refunds for flights hotels and time wasted ? No shade
!!!!
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

GLOCK

Quote from: Angel In Disguise on January 26, 2019, 09:32:50 AM
So, I guess it won?t be rescheduled...because she just told people off. I?m very disappointed.

I will never go see Brandy at The Howard Theater again. I am too old for that. This chance to see her at The Kennedy Center was huge. It was too important to ?ignore symptoms? in order to not ?claim? them. I?m going to leave that alone because there is more I have to say about that, but...I won?t. I hope she gets well soon and I hope she can book the MGM National Harbor the next time she comes to the area. If she doesn?t release new music or book a comfortable venue, I will not be there.
im conflicted and confused

Lemme just let her have her moment
And let the girls that paid be upset

She def fucking tried it

And they seem to have tried it too

fedswatchin

Quote from: Glock on January 26, 2019, 11:06:15 AM
It?s them

MESS

smh, build the fucking wall

It's a disheartening that veteran performers can't dictate how their performance should go in this industry. These behind the scene workers that studied music theory come up with these played ass arrangements and expect an awestruck audience to appear. There ain't no reason backing vocals could not have been used in her performance, even with a live orchestra. It can be done and has been done before, in different ways, yes, but the shit ain't impossible. If only her team could have stood their ground along with Brandy.

GLOCK

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on January 26, 2019, 09:34:04 AM
Quote from: Mrd0ndada on January 26, 2019, 09:31:36 AM
Now she got ppl dragging the enigineer in his comments.  Brandy please sis you are literally ripping your legacy to shreds

he?s a multiple Grammy winner. Sabotage your future then ghan!
boy fuck this boy

Sovereign.

Quote from: Glock on January 26, 2019, 11:14:48 AM
Or not fucking booked Her
They know she?s a contemporary artist
Not some classical girl :uhh:

They?ve worked with Pop artists before.  :dead:

GLOCK

What?s meant for her will find it?s way
She already has one of those fuck ass awards

If he caused issues and ruckus he can get fuckingh lashed too

Multiple Grammys
She?s sold millions

Fuck him

GLOCK

Quote from: NIOBE. on January 26, 2019, 11:17:14 AM

jxjddjdj
But brandy is such a complex artist

A pop girl is almost like a blank palette

Brandy isn?t
It sounds like they couldn?t really mesh together her artistry with their strict and archaic yet skilled procedures  :'(

HUGO

Idk I don?t think it was a prerecorded  background vocal issue because that seems like something that could?ve easily been adjusted. There?s def more to the story and Devine and his wife will def clear it up.

African Queen

We all know this was not her intention. I feel really bad for her. I hope she gets perform her vision in the near future and that it is recorded.

I really feel for the fans too. Especially for those who traveled from far away places.

I was really mad at her for a long while after she gave lackluster, short and lipped performance in London during the Human era. But I forgave her and I'm still a stan. Time heals all wounds.

Heated🔥

Her ass needs to go live and speak her mind.

We need to see her to fully understand.

She?s like the only artist that doesn?t communicate well with her fans.

I love you girl but ch.

GLOCK

Quote from: Promise. on January 26, 2019, 11:16:56 AM
Quote from: Glock on January 26, 2019, 11:06:15 AM
It?s them

MESS

smh, build the fucking wall

It's a disheartening that veteran performers can't dictate how their performance should go in this industry. These behind the scene workers that studied music theory come up with these played ass arrangements and expect an awestruck audience to appear. There ain't no reason backing vocals could not have been used in her performance, even with a live orchestra. It can be done and has been done before, in different ways, yes, but the shit ain't impossible. If only her team could have stood their ground along with Brandy.
!!!

It sounds like they might have pulled the ?weve Done this a million times.. I don?t care if you were Michael Whit or Aretha.. we do what we do? mess
And she fought them about it

Which is her right imo

I?m sorry violins or NOT
I don?t want to hear brandy water down brandy songs  :uhh:

I don?t like Kanye .. but he?s a genius and sticks to his vision well back in the day he did
This sounds like she tried to humble herself a bit and push through for fans while compromising her art, form and style and it blew up in her face

Bad decision to decide this the last minute .. I think that is where a better team could?ve came in to play

They should?ve ended this shit months ago  :dead:

Sovereign.

Quote from: Glock on January 26, 2019, 11:19:10 AM
Quote from: NIOBE. on January 26, 2019, 11:17:14 AM

jxjddjdj
But brandy is such a complex artist

A pop girl is almost like a blank palette

Brandy isn?t
It sounds like they couldn?t really mesh together her artistry with their strict and archaic yet skilled procedures  :'(

As in Pop artists I meant "Popular". Brandy is popular because of her access to mainstream. I agree though that her style and relationship to music juxtaposes theirs.

'ology

Quote from: silentbx on January 25, 2019, 01:58:58 PM
Quote from: 12 Nights of Molesting Flopped on January 25, 2019, 01:53:25 PM
Hey Silent I?m when you?re done arguing with Glock can you answer my question? Do you have any info on her health? Or anything

He's arguing with himself.

She's okay. I think sometimes people forget, just because I know shit, doesn't give me the right to speak on it. That's why I pick and choose when to speak. I actually have respect and don't go on twitter "spilling tea" like other so-called friends, team members etc. It's just not my place. She will speak on her terms....

TBH I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. No matter what I say or don't say. Try to do or not do... it won't sit well with some people. So it just is what it is. No one HAS to be a part of a video. I simply mentioned it because so many are in town and a show got canceled. But see how some people make it into a negative thing?
Z
It shouldn't be "spilling tea" brandy is inconsistent, vague, erratic at times. Ppl are tired of this mess if she is unable to convey her thoughts in a productive way then she should pay someone to. Most of us here are die hard fans who have multiple of her albums, singles, and heavy streamers. We've been let down for like a decade and now to hear about u wanting to do a video after ppl are out thousands of dollars, vacation days off work, miscellaneous expenses, and just time you can never get back. I was actually disgusted at the suggestion no one wants to record and praise her rn she needs to be cash appin ppl money back!
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!