Started by Mel., June 29, 2015, 01:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel.

I couldn't get into it...
I was kinda bored tbh

I think Janet would've been better off doing it herself

Herb.

Buy The Stars✨

yeah it was LAME the gorls were going up saying jans was performing as well  and that no SLEEP was gonna TOP the charts but i dunno if it has or not

yummy

Quote from: Nicholas_Styles on June 29, 2015, 01:21:04 PM
yeah it was LAME the gorls were going up saying jans was performing as well  and that no SLEEP was gonna TOP the charts but i dunno if it has or not

No on said that  :dead: you're just a fucking hater

Zankou.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on June 29, 2015, 01:28:19 PM

dssss

Buy The Stars✨

DEAD the first day the song came out NOT EVEN 8 hours into its release  yall were screaming HIT! TOP 40! COMEBACK OF THE YEAR!

dont get mad at me hun ..  :howfestive:

Jon

Quote from: Nicholas_Styles on June 29, 2015, 01:32:02 PM

DEAD the first day the song came out NOT EVEN 8 hours into its release  yall were screaming HIT! TOP 40! COMEBACK OF THE YEAR!

dont get mad at me hun ..  :howfestive:

only mayday said that i think. lol

Mel.

Quote from: Herb. on June 29, 2015, 01:19:10 PM
time 4 some mess

hey Mel

loll hey
and I'm not tryna start no mess, I just expected more and was kinda let down

Mel.

Zankou.

I thought Jason did swell!

Chris was coked out of his mind tho

Herb.

Quote from: Mel. on June 29, 2015, 01:40:10 PM
Quote from: Herb. on June 29, 2015, 01:19:10 PM
time 4 some mess

hey Mel

loll hey
and I'm not tryna start no mess, I just expected more and was kinda let down
jbbbj
hey bew

lets parvy  :howfestive:
lol!

Mel.

Quote from: Zankou. on June 29, 2015, 01:41:53 PM
I thought Jason did swell!

Chris was coked out of his mind tho

ddd He just doesn't have any presence.
he blended in with the dancers and never stood out
he was kinda just...THERE!!

Chris slayed!! they shoulda called it the CHRET Awards.

Lazarus

Cowgirl

I was thinking about this and the reason it was underwhelming is because it's Janet and no one can quite embody her presence. I thought they all did a really great job but they're no Janet. Even as great of a dancer Ciara is, she just lacks the intricacy of choreography in general. Jason and Tinashe did great but when you're performing the songs of one of the greatest entertainers of all time, you're going to fall short somehow.

"No Sleeep" is doing very well on the charts because it's authentic. No one said it was gonna be a smash but it's performing well and setting her up very nicely. She didn't release it because she wanted a smash single

I thought she would have performed but I'm glad she didn't actually. It's a slow song so to follow up with some of her monster up-tempos would have been foolish. It wasn't about her performance or capabilities, it was about paying homage to someone we admire and appreciate so much, not for her to try to upstage everything hey just did. I get it.