Snippet of New Music from Bran

Started by HUGO, December 02, 2018, 08:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2018, 10:34:39 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 02, 2018, 10:33:47 PM
I don?t know if anyone has addressed this, but I?m guessing she won?t be performing any of her new music for her appearances with the national orchestra in January. They may still be adding finishing touches on the music and the orchestra needs time to rehearse and perfect the arrangements for whatever she?ll sing there.

As a matter of fact, I?d like to know what she?ll sing for that engagement.
I'd like to know this too tbh

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Rxxf on December 02, 2018, 09:40:31 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2018, 09:39:59 PM
Quote from: brocka4life on December 02, 2018, 09:35:52 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2018, 09:32:15 PM
Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on December 02, 2018, 09:05:17 PM
Don?t chew my head off I know Brandy is known for her beautiful harmonies and backgrounds but it just sounds too full. It?s hard to understand the words because your so distracted by all the layers and every snippet has sounded this way. The My Friend snippet sounds dope tho.
I see this tho.  Brandy has made that an issue alot I'm her music imo. That's one of the reasons i dont like full moon.  A bunch of noise going on and her voice isnt the focal point. I know shes made harmonies her thing but i think she goes too far alot too. Just SING sometimes. I dont need all these other sounds and voices going on all the time

I?d say AFRO was worse with the amount of vocal layers.

I thought this new album was going to be ?raw? and more organic. Sounds like that idea was scrapped.
Well i liked the vibe on afro and i didn't mind it there.  Full moon was literally gears grinding and plates breaking. Just NOISE for no fckn reason.  Hate it

:cmerefag:

Haha
I love full moon for it's complexity and layers. But i get it not being everyone's taste. The first time i listened to full moon i couldn't even get through it. I fell in love with it years later, like a couple years before 2/11.

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: NIOBE. on December 02, 2018, 10:12:42 PM
Vonc? beloved...don?t you go up for Dawn? :kii: All of that business she be having going on on all her records. :plzstop:

Naa Brandy definitely has more going on in her records and this is no shade bc i love Dawn but Brandy does it at a master level, meaning when it's placed right, it won't sound like a bunch of shit going on.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: FL on December 02, 2018, 10:38:49 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on December 02, 2018, 10:32:49 PM
Yall are listening thru a cell phone speaker. Cell phones pick up VOCALS more than anything so the layering is going to sound like a lot. Get into the flow, the vibe but so much to say about layering when thay will obviously sound like a lot through a damn phone!!!

If Should I Go was played thru a phone, it would sound like a lot too!

Geesh

Should I Go is different. Bran was mainly just doing "ha ha's" and creating a flowing melody in the back. This one is literally "One line - vocal layering, next word - a run, vocal stack". It's just a different approach. I'm just judging based on the snippet alone and what she's been doing lately. Even that trap song that she previewed the other day, the vocal stacking was a lot. I trust her though and I'm optimistic the finished product will be dope but I just want songs where she can keep it minimal and just sing, period. We've been...well I've been waiting for an album where Bran just SINGS.

I think we "hardcore fans" overanalyze too much and it almost sets us up to already not like something before we actually truly hear it.

Because the reality is, if you go thru those comments, no one is mentioning the layering....

I want to believe that she knows a good sound enough to know when it's too much. And I want to believe the people around her do too....

GYNandTONIC

Personally I?m loving this direction.

Is it a lot? Yes! But that?s why I like it...at this point what I?m hearing is even hard to call music, it?s literally art. Like a painting of sorts. It?s gonna take a decade and a mean ear to dissect this masterpiece and I?m here for it. She is doing brandy BRANDY!

Why should Bran give a easy listen, she rarely does. I can?t think of one Brandy album (except her debut & Human) where my ears didn?t need to retune and adjust to dig in.

All i ask is that the visual reflect the lushness of the music. Some art based visuals are so needed.

KippDaddy

December 02, 2018, 10:52:46 PM #95 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:54:04 PM by KippDaddy
  :19k:

I want them to play the hottest song they have.  I like this but playing these kinda songs just don?t get me riled up like I wanna b

LOONA.

Need to hearing something a bit clearer because I couldn't make out what was going on.     

BRockaBaby

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on December 02, 2018, 10:50:54 PM
Personally I?m loving this direction.

Is it a lot? Yes! But that?s why I like it...at this point what I?m hearing is even hard to call music, it?s literally art. Like a painting of sorts. It?s gonna take a decade and a mean ear to dissect this masterpiece and I?m here for it. She is doing brandy BRANDY!

Why should Bran give a easy listen, she rarely does. I can?t think of one Brandy album (except her debut & Human) where my ears didn?t need to retune and adjust to dig in.

All i ask is that the visual reflect the lushness of the music. Some art based visuals are so needed.

I've always loved bran for her approach to vocals. Its really HER lane. If she gave a simple vocal she wouldnt be brandy. She might as well be like the next chick if she was just gonna sing a few notes. She uses her voice as an instrument.  It works for her in my opinion and I go to her for that. For the clear note by note mess, I have others I can go to for that.

And it ain't for everybody....

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: 1RIG on December 02, 2018, 08:43:46 PM

We?ll get a feel for everything this month and won?t have to worry about snippets again.

They?re misleading

Rig how do you know for sure this month?

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2018, 09:54:10 PM
Brandy actually sang her best on Human IMO!
What vocal is rivaling "human" or "true"? NONE!

Bitttttt

>>><<<

True is one of her best vocals mess !

DrewBabyLove

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on December 02, 2018, 10:09:34 PM
We need something the damn radio will play too..lol

!!!!!!

Of course we all want quality music but I want something ppl can really jam out to.

GYNandTONIC

December 02, 2018, 11:06:09 PM #102 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:07:17 PM by GYNandTONIC
Quote from: Nick'Challa on December 02, 2018, 10:59:59 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2018, 09:54:10 PM
Brandy actually sang her best on Human IMO!
What vocal is rivaling "human" or "true"? NONE!

Bitttttt

>>><<<

True is one of her best vocals mess !

True is beautiful no lie. But what is a true vocal really gonna do in 2018? That?s her minimal pop vocal approach. While it may be a easy listen, is it really gonna shake the table?

Even if some people hate this vocal approach it?s so jarring that you?d still have an opinion. It removes all ability to be neutral. N that?s what great art should do, start a conversation. That?s what leads to debates and maybe even sales.

Brandy doing her Jessica Simpson vocal won?t get no reaction on Shaderoom or anywhere else for that matter.

long-timeTheRoofFan

Not the snippet that I wanted to hear when the album is supposed to be dropping soon.. but still it's something so I won't complain.

My two cents is just that I would like to hear something that sounds like an obvious smash.. the boys in the video are dancing and hype like it's AMAZING - but it's pretty standard album filler from what I can hear.

b7

Quote from: Nick'Challa on December 02, 2018, 10:56:54 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on December 02, 2018, 08:43:46 PM

We?ll get a feel for everything this month and won?t have to worry about snippets again.

They?re misleading

Rig how do you know for sure this month?
she informed all radio DJs last month