On A Scale Of 1 to 10, What Is Your Excitement Level? Brandy Related

Started by FRANCE, April 03, 2021, 07:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: brocka4life on April 05, 2021, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: JCJ on April 05, 2021, 10:34:41 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on April 05, 2021, 08:33:23 AM
No expectations.
Like B7 and Camper or not, but it got her on main stages that she hadn't been on since before her grown daughter was born.

That had nothing to do with the music  :dead:

So she would have done all of that with no album?
The album and its subject matter during the global pandemic played a part in the press for the album and her getting booked for certain shows. The world loved a mental health theme at the time.

That doesn't make the music good, or SCAMper a good producer, is the point. You may appreciate that she was visible during the era, but it seems like most wished the material that went along with the visibility was stronger than it was. Since the music itself was a letdown, people are now not very excited for new BranXScamp.

Hope that makes sense.

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: brocka4life on April 05, 2021, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: JCJ on April 05, 2021, 10:34:41 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on April 05, 2021, 08:33:23 AM
No expectations.
Like B7 and Camper or not, but it got her on main stages that she hadn't been on since before her grown daughter was born.

That had nothing to do with the music  :dead:

So she would have done all of that with no album?
The album and its subject matter during the global pandemic played a part in the press for the album and her getting booked for certain shows. The world loved a mental health theme at the time.

Yeah...sure

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Bish on April 04, 2021, 08:58:24 PM
Don't get me wrong..., SAML, Rather Be, Borderline, UO, and LD are amazing. But the rest of the album was not as strong as those songs. If Brandy had given us an EP with just those tracks we would be having a totally different conversation right now. The rest of the album is just so uninspired.
I completely agree, it should have been an EP with those 8 fire tracks. Or, she could have made that a part 1 and then released a part 2 of the album with 8 more tracks post Grammys around March....so then, even if the first part didn't do anything, she would still have another album out and in our faces. But Bran likes to have one whole album and take years to deliver a mess ugh.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track