B7 official reviews

Started by BORderline, August 01, 2020, 12:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtwoeleven

Quote from: 123 on August 02, 2020, 03:51:17 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on August 02, 2020, 03:48:24 PM
I like the reviews, but they seem kinda short? I feel like the Two Eleven reviews had more to say, especially the Slant review, which I really enjoyed.
That was nearly a decade ago.

I get that, but idk I guess I expected more commentary about her voice, the choices, etc oh well. It's no big.

I did particularly like what Robert Glasper and Joe Budden said.

b7

Quote from: Lee on August 02, 2020, 03:11:57 PM
Quote from: Te Kā 🔥 on August 02, 2020, 02:50:31 PM
this is the first GHan album we've gotten since Afrodisiac. period

this is soo what i wanted from her

just get in a studio and BAKE up some cohesive tea from scratch with a producer
some KNOCK
some HONESTY

like DIG in bitch. no microwaved, blueprint following ass mess.

bitch.  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

do your fucking THING

THAT PART!
Speak ON it, Afro

:gorlonfire:

BRockaBaby

B7 is a watershed moment for the singer-songwriter. The album beams with the certitude of a woman very much aware of who she is and how she wants to communicate this ethos. In the R&B genre where some of its purveyors are occasionally susceptible to the siren call of artifice and theatrics, Brandy sidesteps manufactured drama and goes for music imbued with heart and technical prowess.

'ology

QuoteTrends have come and gone, but Brandy has continued to remain a constant.

LongeviDY>>>>>>>>>
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Monika

Quote from: Manistee on August 02, 2020, 02:58:22 PM
Quote from: RIGs Oceans on August 02, 2020, 02:25:35 PM
I really don't mind the rapping on either song tbh. She's nobodies rapper but the songs weren't ruined for me

And her rapping tone on HH is nice. I love that it's not a corny ass mother/daughter ballad  :kii:
some ppl rlly don't understand this album, even the fans

B7 represents who brandy is as an artist; all her artistic elements, her past, etc.

For her not to rap wouldn't be genuine to this project or who she is
yeah, Brandy's loves to rap also. I wanted her to rap on the album, and she did it! This album is what I wanted from her. I had to go into "unreleased Brandy" mode. I took off the R&B ears (which I expected because of the singles), and really listened to the album, and it's FIRE! She finally released experimental stuff!  :feelinmyself:
Yahudah

Monika

Quote from: Saving All my RIGs on August 02, 2020, 03:02:36 PM
QuoteIt's been eight years since Brandy's last album – forgivable for someone who's "been an original since 1994", as she boasts on I Am More on this new one. The R&B singer is such an icon that when you google the phrase "the vocal bible" her picture comes up, all thanks to the supremacy and range of her voice.

:blessed:

I'm sooooo proud of this body of damns WORK
this artist!  :stressed:
Yahudah

BranBran

Love to see the great reviews, it deserves them. Congrats Queen B!

Annie

I think they collect ratings here... I see some mixed reviews from users but overall everyone praises Brandy's vocals. I'm just glad she's back. 
https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/264933-brandy-b7.php

/.\

VirgoMind

Quote from: Annie on August 02, 2020, 09:25:14 PM
I think they collect ratings here... I see some mixed reviews from users but overall everyone praises Brandy's vocals. I'm just glad she's back.
https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/264933-brandy-b7.php

There will always be mixed reviews. I'm glad she's back too, on her terms , and receiving an outpouring of love and positive feedback overall!

Whew 😅