Nick Cannon being fake woke as usual - with Jessie Woo

Started by herbie, July 12, 2020, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbie

July 12, 2020, 03:45:58 PM Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:56:03 PM by menace to da hood ✊🏾🐺
so long story short -

this girl Jessie Woo went on The Grapevine to talk about her experience of being a dark skinned Black woman in the workspace
and told her story of how she was discriminated against on "Wildin' Out" because she wasn't "exotic" enough.

I actually saw the episode a couple weeks ago and posted it on here (it's below)
http://www.brandysource.net/index.php?topic=93041.0
but didn't know who she was. apparently she has a relatively large following so her story made waves.

and  i was interested to see that Nick Cannon actually took time to reach out to her and try to get her side of things and make it right.
so i tuned in to see what this interview/sit-down would give

just to see him constantly interrupting her ...which was OK I guess maybe that's how he usually is (I don't watch him often)
but eventually, at the 53 minute mark, he starts talking about her hair and asking her why she wears weave. :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

like...he literally ended up doing a lot of the same shit a lot of hetero Black men do to dark skinned Black women

which is A) listen to them speak, B) act like you care, C) defend what's going on to an extent and D) eventually turn it BACK on the black woman and put them in the hot seat with mess about their styling choices. ssdsd

low key questioning the pride they have in the Blackness that they want accepted.

"But you wear weave doe! :plea: "

Nick PLEASE. sdnsd s
he was never the best comedian, rapper and clearly isn't much of a Malcolm X mess either.

Sovereign.

Nick sounds very much so like he wants to exempt himself from impunity. Strongly disliked the way he kept interrupting her mid talk. This is him having to reckon with his own misogynoir.

Sovereign.

Quote from: menace to da hood ✊🏾🐺 on July 12, 2020, 03:50:53 PM
he just tried to make such a big deal about the fact that he was gonna take time to listen to her

"omg i reached out immediately! couldn't believe! let's chat! come on my show beautiful black goddess
your SKIN! wow!"

people are so fucking FAKE.  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

and not ONCE did he give her the room to speak.

Sovereign.

When he referenced her weave  :plzstop:

Nick: sounds like a preference to me!

Jessie: I said I like to switch up  :diddraispoot:

Sovereign.

Quote from: menace to da hood ✊🏾🐺 on July 12, 2020, 04:12:13 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on July 12, 2020, 04:09:20 PM
Nick sounds very much so like he wants to exempt himself from impunity. Strongly disliked the way he kept interrupting her mid talk. This is him having to reckon with his own misogynoir.
!!!

the way he kept trying to REMOVE himself from it and point fingers

he wants the APPEARANCE of accountability without actually taking any of it

producers!
committee!
VH1!
but...but....you wearin' a weave! What about dat?! Hmmm? :plea: 

nigger, STOP. either take accountability or just flat out say "I aint got shit to do with it, sor!"

woulda been way more admirable than him tryna get golden WOKE POINTS by inviting her on and clearly not being able to sit and listen to the mess she had to say.  :plzstop: :plzstop:

he made himself look stupid cuz they're STILL lighting his ass up in those comments.

:omf:
I couldn't take..... :uhh: I hate niggas  :plzstop:

Sovereign.

Why invite her own if all you'll do is act fragile? His fragility was PENETRATING and was trying to code it as if he were doing the righteous thing by having her on. It takes more than performance boo. 

Sovereign.

Sovereign.

This nigga kept bringing up "Caucasian representation" :plzstop: I love when Queen said ain't nobody worried about them lil' white girls cause they are represented everywhere :kii:

Sovereign.

Why are you concerned with having white representation on a black platform? :uhh: Nick, cut it!

Sovereign.

Quote from: menace to da hood ✊🏾🐺 on July 12, 2020, 04:23:14 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on July 12, 2020, 04:18:01 PM
Why invite her own if all you'll do is act fragile? His fragility was PENETRATING and was trying to code it as if he were doing the righteous thing by having her on. It takes more than performance boo.
!!!!

he was becoming increasingly frustrated with the conversation...no matter how much he tried to mask it, i could see it clear as day :plzstop: body language is everything
After a while he couldn't contain his MESS anymore and started really low key COMING for her ...and black women
whether he realized that or not...

"If you gonna come on the show you gotta wear your natural afro! LMAO!!!!   :-P :-P "

i'm glad they're lashing him.
DEDUCT woke points from this niggas account.  :jackiessales:

I would've ended it right there.  :plzstop: BOY GONE.

yummy

What was the point of mentioning her wearing weave? :dead:

Now if she told him wasn't pro black because he fucks white women it woulda been an issue

:udontlookok:

CHOKE

maknsndndndndndndndndnxndnnxdn

Nick is a damn fool for this

Not him going after her hair 

CHOKE

Women play with their hair black and white
They straighten it, curl it, color it, add extensions, wear wigs ect

For a lot of them it's their whole ass identity 

It's not fair to go there 

Kaeli.

Quote from: Jayda X on July 12, 2020, 03:47:52 PM
You see his ex's?
nbbcnje

Not Mariah being the blackest one. Alright then nick, tolerant self.