“Baby Mama” Gains on Billboard...

Started by Cuban0, July 13, 2020, 08:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Harlem on July 14, 2020, 12:01:15 PM
She should definitely shoot 1 epic performance video w/ Chance to give it some extra legs. Look into some of the video directors who did the BET Awards performance and just lash us

I would rather that be put into the next single tbh. Let BM continue to climb on its own from this point forward. Save resources for next single and album launch.

Moon

Quote from: BRockaBaby on July 14, 2020, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 14, 2020, 12:01:15 PM
She should definitely shoot 1 epic performance video w/ Chance to give it some extra legs. Look into some of the video directors who did the BET Awards performance and just lash us

I would rather that be put into the next single tbh. Let BM continue to climb on its own from this point forward. Save resources for next single and album launch.

Yeah.. love BM but it did what it did

Cuban0

Noni

This is just a reflection: doesn't almost all R&B songs released by a relatively known name end up charting high on R&B adult contemporary charts? 

I never understood the celebration of charting on dance charts or adult contemporary...All you need is a new song

happy for brandy if this is what she was aiming for though. I can already tell you that borderline will hit  Nr 1 on adult contemporary and R&B airplay charts. You start purchasing the balloons already 🥳

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Noni on July 14, 2020, 01:55:34 PM
This is just a reflection: doesn't almost all R&B songs released by a relatively known name end up charting high on R&B adult contemporary charts?

I never understood the celebration of charting on dance charts or adult contemporary...All you need is a new song

happy for brandy if this is what she was aiming for though. I can already tell you that borderline will hit  Nr 1 on adult contemporary and R&B airplay charts. You start purchasing the balloons already 🥳
I think it's good, the R&B charts matter too.

Blackpantha

Yes! My work is coming to fruition... 
PROUD AFROCARIBBEAN KING
I LOVE MY BIG LIPS
MY STRONG NOSE
I LOVE ALL OF ME

long-timeTheRoofFan

I love to see this slow burner.. keep up the steady climb BM

:wub:

Rxxf

July 15, 2020, 02:24:08 AM #37 Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 02:25:24 AM by Rxxf

Not necessarily.
The last time Brandy charted in the Top 10 before "Love Again" was in 1999 with Almost Doesn't Count. So it is a revived stride for her.
BRANDY

JCJ 🪐

happy for brandy if this is what she was aiming for though. I can already tell you that borderline will hit  Nr 1 on adult contemporary and R&B airplay charts. You start purchasing the balloons already 🥳

If you're a big name you're almost guaranteed to hit top 10 (see: Toni, Janet, etc.) but I don't think that makes it insignificant. "Long As I Live" was a legitimate hit for Toni even though it never landed on the big charts. Pretty much every black person knows that song and it has 62 million views on YouTube. It just depends.
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

b7

Quote from: Rxxf on July 15, 2020, 02:24:08 AM

Not necessarily.
The last time Brandy charted in the Top 10 before "Love Again" was in 1999 with Almost Doesn't Count. So it is a revived stride for her.
Yeah there's no guarantee you'll chart anywhere  :dead: Brandy fans are just spoiled a bit

There are plenty of big names in R&B that flop on EVERY chart lol

b7

And this isn't twoeleven.  She's clearly not pushing "singles" this time

Forget it

Rxxf

BRANDY

b7