Is Two Eleven more influential than it's given credit for?

Started by TogetherAgain, January 05, 2020, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

True is so beautiful that it honestly saves the whole album for me. Also the title track.

HUGO

Human still gives me Ghan album tho. Like all her albums have this feel and I can still remember how I felt first time listening to them and hearing each song. Two Eleven lacks that

Cowgirl

Good Morning Gorgeous

January 05, 2020, 11:29:46 AM #18 Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:39:53 AM by mylogistics
It definitely had some gems on it, but no additional credit is needed for that album.

Hardly Breathing is still a favorite of mine.

Good Morning Gorgeous

See, this is why I LOVE Brandy stans. You guys can truly be honest and unbiased regarding her work. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the stans of other artists.

RAY7

Great album, I'm not hearing any influence but
Slower
Without You
Wish Your Love Away
Hardly Breathing 
Do You Know
Put It Down
Scared of Beautiful 
So Sick
No Such Thing
Music

I genuinely like all those songs and she sang her face off
top 3 Brandy album for me 

iheart4everbrandy

211 was an okay album... it was no Never Say Never, Full Moon or Afrodisiac... to me, those are influential  albums. Other artists cite these albums all the time.

Buy The Stars✨

It def has a different sound.  There are a few artists who did create similar sounds with their albums 

Harlem

Bran could've def ran the Mike Will sound b/c that was the only thing she was ahead of at that time but we all know DYK didn't get properly release

But I think this album/era was meant to do is get her "poppin" again to the general public... she accomplished it a little b/c it was good to hear her on the radio again, people sing her songs and praise her looks/performances. It was all positive for her until that engagement was over. I'm only disappointed that she wasn't able to follow through after the fact

Justaway_

Some of the songs were great/amazing, but how was it influential though? Y'all just sayin' anything :dead:

Bran chased R&B trends like never before. She and the label wanted commercial success first and foremost with the album. All the Bangladesh tracks sound like Talk That Talk rejects, Scared of Beautiful is really beautiful but also very Frank Ocean, Rico Love's tracks deserve no fuckin comment :dead: like others said, stuff like Slower and DYK were actually unique and somewhat experimental, but that's about it. Bran's vocals have always been studied by literally everyone, but i'm sure they go to her magnum opus Afrodisiac or NSN/Full Moon for vocal inspiration instead.

Justaway_

Kaeli.

I wouldn't call it influential because ain't nobody listing it as an influence, but it could be released today and still be cute 

jtwoeleven

It's a good album, but like others have touched on, it is missing a certain Brandy-esque cohesiveness that previous albums had.

Harlem

It was a good era for her growth though during that time, that was way more influential to me than the music... I just loved seeing her feeling herself again and how well received it was