Is Two Eleven more influential than it's given credit for?

Started by TogetherAgain, January 05, 2020, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Quote from: Hugo on January 05, 2020, 11:22:28 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on January 05, 2020, 11:18:56 AM

No guarantee, but i can see the next album being something that people look too. TwoEleven was just a good collection of songs IMO

Nothing wrong with that but i hold brandy to a higher standard and i don't think she held herself to one in that regard at the time.

Beautifully stated!!!

Young

Quote from: 89 on January 05, 2020, 11:37:25 AM
Great album, I'm not hearing any influence but
Slower
Without You
Wish Your Love Away
Hardly Breathing
Do You Know
Put It Down
Scared of Beautiful
So Sick
No Such Thing
Music

I genuinely like all those songs and she sang her face off
top 3 Brandy album for me

She really did what she needed w/that album

I mean ; Put It Down was a comeback tea for her

AfroJisiac

lovechild

I don't think so . I honestly don't even think Brandy was inspired making the album . She even said so herself that she didn't believe in it fully . So why would the masses? It's cute but it isn't iconic and timeless like her first 4 albums . I don't even listen to 211 like that and If I do it's mostly for Music , so sick or do you know.  I need BRANDY to remember who she is and truly make another masterpiece the girls will study for the next 20 years .

yeah the into and outro for 211... are you kidding me???? Like how did she let that fly? 

Aalumeci.

Quote from: lovechild on January 11, 2020, 07:23:08 AM
I don't think so . I honestly don't even think Brandy was inspired making the album . She even said so herself that she didn't believe in it fully . So why would the masses? It's cute but it isn't iconic and timeless like her first 4 albums . I don't even listen to 211 like that and If I do it's mostly for Music , so sick or do you know.  I need BRANDY to remember who she is and truly make another masterpiece the girls will study for the next 20 years .

yeah the into and outro for 211... are you kidding me???? Like how did she let that fly?

Hotfuzz07

Quote from: Ntwadumela on January 05, 2020, 11:18:19 AM
If the new music ever comes I hope she breaks that 2nd single curse.. with how long she's been gone she needs to drop 15 singles and videos at once tbh

This is crazy ! So many missed opportunities since Full Moon (nothing could have saved Human though imo).

I wish she picked at least :

Full Moon : "When You Touch Me" or even "Nothing" (she could have used the Usher formula with a slow jam single as the 2nd single). Followed by "Full Moon" as the third single. Maybe "Like this" as the final single for Urban AC but not sure about this one (it's a personal favorite).

Afrodisiac : "I Tried" as the first single (and "Where You Wanna Be" for Urban radios)

Two Eleven : "DYKWYH" (second single), then "Wish Your Love Away" or "Slower". Both "DYKWYH" and "IWYLA" got decent airplay during the album release, that's frustrating they didn't pick one of these two tracks.
I love "Wildest Dreams", although I didn't feel it was radio-friendly. I love the throwback vibe during the chorus (very MJB).

The definition

Brandy blamed Darkchild for the failure of Human because of her low self esteem she went on to produce an album 2/11 with songs meant to make her popular and relevant again in the mainstream, instead of making music for her fans. If Brandy would have swallowed her pride after human and gone back to the studio and created songs with same creativity as her previous album then she could have easily made 2 masterpiece albums by now. The direction she took with 2/11 was a mistake.

Afrodisiac15

Two Eleven does lack that Brandy album feel , But some how critics rated it a 77 naming it Brandy's " Most critically acclaimed album to date" beating Afrodisiac at 73

CREAM.

I'm screaming at "dark pop"

what do y'all be talking about