Scientists find gas linked to life in atmosphere of Venus

Started by Dr Naomi Campbell, September 15, 2020, 08:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Naomi Campbell

QuoteTraces of a pungent gas that waft through the clouds of Venus may be emanations from aerial organisms – microbial life, but not as we know it.

Astronomers detected phosphine 30 miles up in the planet's atmosphere and have failed to identify a process other than life that could account for its presence.

The discovery raises the possibility that life gained a foothold on Earth's inner neighbour and remnants clung on – or floated on, at least – as Venus suffered runaway global warming that made the planet hellish.

For 2bn years, Venus was temperate and harboured an ocean. But today, a dense carbon dioxide atmosphere blankets a near-waterless surface where temperatures top 450C. The clouds in the sky are hardly inviting, containing droplets of 90% sulphuric acid.
:ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:

Cowgirl

Mission to Mars! New civilization!

Yes Kwee, emerge a bit!
:oof:

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Cartierline on September 15, 2020, 12:19:23 PM
Bit', this Prometheus mess

:ohwow:
!!!!!
It's interesting Venus has oceans millions of years ago
Earth is going to end up like her in a few million years with all the radiation and global warming....which means Venus might have had actual life
:guys:
Could this be where we come from?

CHOKE

Venus has been through hell 

would love to know what really happened to sus and what hit her so hard it caused her to spin backwards 

Dr Naomi Campbell

QuoteRemember how people were excited about methane on Mars because it could mean there was life? What they found now on Venus (phosphine) is a much stronger marker for life than methane in rocky planets. We know that methane can come from microbes, but it can also come from volcanoes and other geological processes. So, on Mars there are other known sources/processes to explain the amounts of methane. But phosphine on rocky planets is different. Other than life, there is no other process currently known that would explain the amounts of phosphine the astronomers found on Venus. So, there are only two explanations for what they found: either there is a new chemical/geological process out there that produces phosphine in rocky planets that we don't know about, or there is life on Venus.

CHOKE

Justaway_

Quote from: Jayda X on September 15, 2020, 08:12:56 AM
QuoteThe clouds in the sky are hardly inviting, containing droplets of 90% sulphuric acid.

is it nine's breath?

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Jayda X on September 15, 2020, 01:32:32 PM

!!!!!
Earth is going to end up like her in a few million years with all the radiation and global warming....which means Venus might have had actual life

!!!!!!

i think about that too like the fact that Mars has signs of life and all that.  Now they are not livable.  I agree I think years ago we were there and we all escaped here after we destroyed that world and now here we are again doing the same smh

Cowgirl

Cowgirl

Quote from: Troye on September 15, 2020, 06:01:45 PM

!!!!!

!!!!!!

i think about that too like the fact that Mars has signs of life and all that.  Now they are not livable.  I agree I think years ago we were there and we all escaped here after we destroyed that world and now here we are again doing the same smh
Where to next? Cause I'm read'

:letsmessfag:

Dr Naomi Campbell

I don't think there's any planets left on our galaxy lol

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: TinaSnow on September 15, 2020, 06:05:12 PM
Quote from: Troye on September 15, 2020, 06:01:45 PM

!!!!!

!!!!!!

Where to next? Cause I'm read'

:letsmessfag:

somewhere in another galaxy

since yall are  in here and seem into it.  Do yall think the government has ever done secret missions like further into space with humans and just dont tell us.  We see this in movies alot and yes i know those are movies but i just feel like they dont tell us everything anyway lol so why not ?

what do yall  think ?

Cowboy Nine