The Way this Quietly Flopped

Started by JCJ 🪐, April 19, 2021, 04:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeSoul.

Ma Lo

April 20, 2021, 05:40:12 AM #31 Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:57:01 AM by The Night King
This song isn't good and her only good song is Boo'd Up. Trip isn't good either sorry. Ella Mai can sing but she's the epitome of overrated and boring. All of her songs sound the same to me fffhhhdss

DopeSoul.

DopeSoul.

Both really ain't my tea but I def prefer Trip 

if someone had a gun to my head and told me to pick 

Ma Lo

Quote from: DopeSoul. on April 20, 2021, 05:53:19 AM

if someone had a gun to my head and told me to pick

Gffyhhjjjjjjjkkkkreeesssssssssssssssddddddddddddddddddfffffjjklllll

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: JCJ on April 19, 2021, 08:36:53 PM
Trip is her best mess. Period. It even has more streams than Boo'ed. It's already a staple on Urban AC
Shot Clock is right there hun

RAY7

if someone had a gun to my head
you rang?  :acquit:

bby ddy

I like the song but it's not a hit. It isn't infectious as Booed Up or Trip. Her music in general is catchy and simple. That's her formula. It was a pleasant escape from all the sleepy R&B everyone's doing... but she's gonna have to come harder because the sophomore slump is real.

DopeSoul.

Quote from: RAY7 on April 20, 2021, 09:44:26 AM

if someone had a gun to my head
you rang?  :acquit:
fag u wish

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: bby ddy on April 20, 2021, 10:05:31 AM
I like the song but it's not a hit. It isn't infectious as Booed Up or Trip. Her music in general is catchy and simple. That's her formula. It was a pleasant escape from all the sleepy R&B everyone's doing... but she's gonna have to come harder because the sophomore slump is real.

You know what, this might have worked as second or third single. I appreciate her trying to show growth but maybe this was too soon? I think most people still think of her as the English girl who sang Boo'd Up.

bby ddy

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 20, 2021, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: bby ddy on April 20, 2021, 10:05:31 AM

You know what, this might have worked as second or third single. I appreciate her trying to show growth but maybe this was too soon? I think most people still think of her as the English girl who sang Boo'd Up.

It woulda been perfect as a third single. Something chill to close out the era. She needed something a bit BIGGER to show that she's back. Maybe featuring a current hot rapper?

Vonc2002

I agree that FELLA doesnt give "STAR!" tho
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

JCJ 🪐

Shot Clock was the third single and shits on this. Y'all ok
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Troye on April 19, 2021, 05:19:47 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on April 19, 2021, 04:14:49 PM
I never saw her as an artist with staying power. A one hit era kinda gyal tbh. There's really nothing special about her.

!!!!!

at all..

and Booed up wasnt even a good song.  alot of the UK gorls are only good for a hit or 2.  craig david leona lewis etc.  then we send them right back to their tea and crumpets where they belong
so what's k Michelle and Selena ugmez snacking on rn

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Jayda X on April 20, 2021, 02:25:09 PM
Quote from: Troye on April 19, 2021, 05:19:47 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on April 19, 2021, 04:14:49 PM
I never saw her as an artist with staying power. A one hit era kinda gyal tbh. There's really nothing special about her.

!!!!!

at all..

and Booed up wasnt even a good song.  alot of the UK gorls are only good for a hit or 2.  craig david leona lewis etc.  then we send them right back to their tea and crumpets where they belong
so what's k Michelle and Selena ugmez snacking on rn

Cjjfjvmgjgkbkhkhkbkbhhh
H

C
FCC

Z
C DC C
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"