Confirmed Songs on the album

Started by SouravMay, May 01, 2020, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Moon

Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 01, 2020, 02:04:40 PM
at least we know there are no other features.

Good. She can keep em tbh

Le Champ

Quote from: LF on May 01, 2020, 04:12:06 PM
Quote from: Lee on May 01, 2020, 04:07:38 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 01, 2020, 04:04:45 PM
Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on May 01, 2020, 02:20:18 PM
How can you know that Love Again will feel out of place and needs to be a bonus mess?
Did y'all hear the full album or what? :udontlookok:

:dead: No I'm basing off the snippets of Borderline and SAML. They sound super structurally complex whereas Love Again (granted her backgrounds on her parts are solid) sounds more sparse and less interesting.

Y'kno what, fuck it. Daniel Caesar is boring af :letsmessfag:

But if it helps her overall album sales I'm all for tacking that mess on at the end.

!!!
Love Again sounds pretty "simplistic" compared to the stuff we've heard so far. It's still a beautiful song. I think it just feels like it's taking the place of another song that we may never hear. But yea, if it helps the album performance, I'm here for it.

From what Kipp said, the album is 12 songs and they are gonna toss Love Again on there to make it 13 because the song is successful and the streams will be added to her album sales tally. So its not gonna replace a song. If its not gonna be on there, it'll just be 12.

yea but in our mind, it'll always feel like "damn...I wonder what they coulda replaced it with"  :dead:
Most people won't know that the original intent was for the project to be 12 tracks, if that makes sense.

lovechild

I really want more than 12 songs.... 14- 16 .. it's been too long! We need a lil extra something for the wait fr 

Moon

Quote from: lovechild on May 01, 2020, 04:17:06 PM
I really want more than 12 songs.... 14- 16 .. it's been too long! We need a lil extra something for the wait fr

I mean fuck it, if GHan truly doesn't wanna be away from music this long again she can release another album at the end of the year  :blessed:

Le Champ

I agree...but I'd really take another album within the next two years lol

Le Champ

But idk guys...Jojo just released a FLAWLESS ass 30 min album with 9 tracks dfklsdkfn :dead::dead:
and honestly, I felt FULL.
As long as Bran has all incredible songs on the album (which she will), and no fillers, I think we'll be pleased with 12 tracks.

RAY7

some of the biggest albums ever are short
it may be a blessing in disguise

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on May 01, 2020, 04:29:53 PM
But idk guys...Jojo just released a FLAWLESS ass 30 min album with 9 tracks dfklsdkfn :dead::dead:
As long as Bran has all incredible songs on the album (which she will), and no fillers, I think we'll be pleased with 12 tracks.

That's debatable  :dead:

lovechild

Quote from: KippDaddy on May 01, 2020, 04:19:26 PM
Man.

Unfortunately its not gon happen.

I would like 1000 songs but its a business

Ugh!!!! Why not?

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 01, 2020, 04:45:08 PM

:omgwatshappening:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on May 01, 2020, 04:49:31 PM

:plzstop:

I love Jo but I'm still not sure how I feel about this new album. I probably need to listen again but the first time didn't snatch me. I was thinkin about something else and then it was over  :dead:

Nonchalantboi

Quote from: Lee on May 01, 2020, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on May 01, 2020, 12:16:37 PM
Why "Love Again?"
:mmywheresddy:

Probably for streaming # purposes
!!! It would make sense to boost the streams

🔥🔥🔥

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 01, 2020, 04:55:38 PM
Quote from: Lee on May 01, 2020, 04:49:31 PM

:plzstop:

I love Jo but I'm still not sure how I feel about this new album. I probably need to listen again but the first time didn't snatch me. I was thinkin about something else and then it was over  :dead:

Really? I loved Jojo's debut, but I never dug into her work after that outside a few songs from The High Road. I would consider myself a casual fan, so I had no expectations going into this project.
I was still on a Bby Mama high and thought I was gonna give it a quick listen but she really LASHED me bfnfnf
That's how I know I really love it cuz my ear is reserved for Bran right now.
I'll wait til GD opens to discuss my thoughts :dead: