BEYONCE alb/mov' "Lemonade" is now 3x Platinum and you hate to see it

Started by BAPHOMET., April 16, 2016, 12:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Im just zoning out to Love Drought

Cowboy Nine

DraeDrizzl3

6 Inch fucking slays. From the movie, it was my fav. This is gonna kill radio.

Cowboy Nine

Aww the All Night visual is so cute

:stressed:

KING BENTLEY.

actually
stRay .... I'm prayin I catch you whispering
and I REALLY pray you catch me listening
that'll be the NIGHT

H.#.G.*.Z

Cowboy Nine

dsalkdsakadsmkds omf not this pregnant belly

Kween of Childbearing

CandyCrush

forgive me if y'all have already discussed, but is this some kind of elaborate divorce announcement or what? whatever the case, she SERVED!!!

Beysus

This album is more of a grower than self titled. But I honestly think when it's all said and done, people will realize this is a better album. Lemonade is so fresh. It's so experimental. It's literally her most innovative album, so it takes some getting used to, but this is IT. It was around the 2nd or 3rd listen of the album that I realized it was EVERYTHING.

And I definitely don't agree that self-titled had more variety. Lemonade has nearly every genre in the book :dead: Self titled was already so cohesive, but this album is even more so. It takes you on a journey, like self titled did. But this album is even more personal. It doesn't serve sex, but it serves EMOTION. HEALING. FORGIVENESS.

It's definitely her most important album. The way that it has centered Black people, particularly Black women and girls is so needed and remarkable.

And the movie was phenomenal. The story. The symbolism. Black womanhood. UGH. I could write an entire thesis on the movie. It's really phenomenal.

About to go rematch the movie now and REALLY pay attention.

BAPHOMET.

Im not gonna lie.... I was 100% sure she was gonna  announce her Divorce to CAMEL  until I saw him in that video..  :plzstop:

I was like... FUCK.

:ohwow: yes.

FINE.

Quote from: Beysus on April 24, 2016, 02:41:27 AM
This album is more of a grower than self titled. But I honestly think when it's all said and done, people will realize this is a better album. Lemonade is so fresh. It's so experimental. It's literally her most innovative album, so it takes some getting used to, but this is IT. It was around the 2nd or 3rd listen of the album that I realized it was EVERYTHING.

And I definitely don't agree that self-titled had more variety. Lemonade has nearly every genre in the book :dead: Self titled was already so cohesive, but this album is even more so. It takes you on a journey, like self titled did. But this album is even more personal. It doesn't serve sex, but it serves EMOTION. HEALING. FORGIVENESS.

It's definitely her most important album. The way that it has centered Black people, particularly Black women and girls is so needed and remarkable.

And the movie was phenomenal. The story. The symbolism. Black womanhood. UGH. I could write an entire thesis on the movie. It's really phenomenal.

About to go rematch the movie now and REALLY pay attention.
:stressed:

Cowboy Nine

Yes for Formation at the end

I'm still bouncing 2 months later

Vonc2002

Lemonade made me a fan this era. I really enjoyed that whole film
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Quote from: Yar backwards on April 24, 2016, 01:33:30 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 24, 2016, 01:28:46 AM
How do you guys rate this against the last album?
Tie?
I think I need to sit with this album for a while to be fair
I will say I definitely think shes singing better on this
its more experimental musically for sure
but I kinda think self titled has stronger songs so far
yea self titled is stronger overall, but this has the better visuals and consistent storyline/theme

Daddy issues is YANKING me tho. im here for this sound and want more of it

DraeDrizzl3

I don't like her growling on Sandcastles but this song is so beautiful