Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion Trailer

Started by Lazarus, November 13, 2020, 10:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

….ok.

i think it's so easy to paint someone like janet as the "bitter black bitch"
(and that opens an entirely different convo about how quick we're to do that to dark skinned black women)

but truly bitter, miserable and hateful people are usually determined to stay mad about something IMO
no matter what apology is made or what olive branch is extended.

i see a woman who was hurt and just needed healing. the hugs and love she's giving Will is super genuine

brocka4life

Quote from: rockstar 101 on November 22, 2020, 07:35:00 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on November 22, 2020, 07:29:15 AM
Quote from: rockstar 101 on November 21, 2020, 10:14:29 AM
Nice to see them being adults and moving on.

will has taken accountability and owned his mess , and it clearly has set Janet free in some way. ..,And allowed her to finally exhale .

the power of a simple "my bad" is amazing. Kudos to will for being a grown up.

I do believe that his hindsight has become 20/20 and he now realizes how fucked up he may have been as a kid ... but There's a possibility that he's simply taking accountability to make her feel better , even if he knows he didn't do anything wrong... either way - kudos.

He's more in a position to heal and resolve whatever the issue is than she is. And he's using that

He lied on her in interviews back then.
Once the press took over, her career was over.

I get how people thought she was pressed by continuing to talk about him. But it's clear it was way deeper than just losing the role for her.

His own daughter said he was unbearable when it came to working together  :plzstop:
i agree

i was just telling someone that i feel it was a lot more to do with the CONTINUED effect it had on her career after fresh prince ..not so much with the incident on fresh prince itself.

it's one thing to think someone crossed you on a job you had
but an entirely different tea to feel someone is slicin n dicin at your character and reputation

!!!

And on top of that snatched her dream away after she worked hard to get into one of the most prestigious acting schools in the world.