I think I was exposed to corona in February

Started by Drogon, April 02, 2020, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drogon

In Feb. my captain and lieutenant asked me to take some supplies to a elderly individuals home die to them being sick. I took zpack, soup, water and other supplies.

My captain forwarded me the message from the person which contained the address. Also in the message they mentioned having the house sanitized and having a mask. They complained of shortness of breath and coughing due to "sinus infection"

When I arrived to the home I took all the supplies in the home and right before I walked out the elderly person began to cry. They grabbed and hugged me and thanked me for bringing the items

Within 5 days I had a fever, coughing, general weakness/fatigue. I was out of town visiting my parents for our yearly galla. After leaving the galla I became so sick I didn't know how I would make it back to ATL.

When got back to ATL. I treated myself at home with antibiotics, prescription nasal spray and Tylenol and I took a few days off from work. I also did some light cardio at home.

I didn't think anything of it until today. I wasn't tested for it because at the time it wasn't something we were dealing with. I thought it was my sinuses.   About a week ago both of my parents became sick with loss of appetites, smell and low grade fever. They both are doing much better at home with antibiotics. They are almost back at 100 percent

I have the msgs between my captain's and the elderly citizen I was in contact with. At this point most of us have probably been exposed

reekz

CHOKE

I don't understand the point of this story bby

Are you going to get tested or nah?

Sinpool

BrandyFromTheFuture

That sucks, sorry to hear. But why did you 1) do cardio 2) take antibiotics?

reekz

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on April 02, 2020, 03:59:28 PM

Because they didn't know what it was. Cardio is good when you are sick or having a cold. Makes you breathe better.

BAPHOMET.

Drogon

Quote from: chokeme on April 02, 2020, 03:55:13 PM

Why would I get tested if I'm healthy and back to normal ? Its been over 30 days since i been sick and plus they are NOT doing test on individual's with mild symptoms. You have to have a high grade fever and shortness of breath

Drogon

April 02, 2020, 04:47:16 PM #8 Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:48:36 PM by Drogon

I knew it was some type of infection. And that's all they were going to do at a ER or urgent care clinic. So I just had one of my cousins write me a prescription. I took a few patients who possible had covid19 and they will NOT test them unless they are severe. They got a zpack and sent home

Tbh I felt better the more I was active.

Kalifornia.

Annie

Quote from: Drogon on April 02, 2020, 04:42:33 PM

Why would I get tested if I'm healthy and back to normal ? Its been over 30 days since i been sick and plus they are NOT doing test on individual's with mild symptoms. You have to have a high grade fever and shortness of breath

I think in the future you can have your blood tested to check if you had the virus and if you are immune for a future corona outbreak.

Sorry you had to go through this! I'm glad you are doing better. Today I heard of people having to stay in the hospital for 3-4 weeks and they put some people asleep during that period because they have trouble breathing. This woman got better after 8 days and she was so happy, but they said for each day asleep you spend a month recovering. Some people have to learn to start walking again.. so you are very lucky if you feel healthy again

/.\

CHOKE

Quote from: Drogon on April 02, 2020, 04:42:33 PM

So u out and about?

Just tryin to get a handle on the whole story

reekz

Quote from: Drogon on April 02, 2020, 04:47:16 PM

I knew it was some type of infection. And that's all they were going to do at a ER or urgent care clinic. So I just had one of my cousins write me a prescription. I took a few patients who possible had covid19 and they will NOT test them unless they are severe. They got a zpack and sent home

Tbh I felt better the more I was active.

That's right, tell em. Tell them why you did cardio too.