Zoe Ever After ep1 (New Brandy song at the end!!)

Started by RAY7, January 01, 2016, 08:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code Red: itsMista

Angel In Disguise

January 01, 2016, 10:50:06 AM #31 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:14:51 AM by Angel In Disguise
It's only 8 episodes so it won't be pulled.  They need to drop the laugh track.  I'm 90 seconds in and I am tempted to skip to the end for the song.  Lemme try.

ETA: It got better, but they still need to lose the laugh track if possible.  Some of the scenes with the assistant needed the laugh track, though.  I like that her music is on this.  One of my issues with The Game is they used music from everyone BUT Brandy.

BranLover

Quote from: brocka4life on January 01, 2016, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: NexTae on January 01, 2016, 10:41:03 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on January 01, 2016, 10:14:14 AM
Yessss! @ "Dig This" playing in the first 30 seconds!

I lived for that. Mad that damn laugh track had to interrupt.

I mean, I really wish they had a studio audience, but the complaint for the "The Game" was that it felt empty because there wasn't a laugh track anymore once it went to BET, if I recall correctly. If so, maybe that's why they chose to go this route.  But other shows like Girlfriend had a track.

I do remember that. So maybe a studio audience would be better because some of the moments they just used the track for weren't even that funny.

brocka4life

Quote from: NexTae on January 01, 2016, 10:50:20 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on January 01, 2016, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: NexTae on January 01, 2016, 10:41:03 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on January 01, 2016, 10:14:14 AM
Yessss! @ "Dig This" playing in the first 30 seconds!

I lived for that. Mad that damn laugh track had to interrupt.

I mean, I really wish they had a studio audience, but the complaint for the "The Game" was that it felt empty because there wasn't a laugh track anymore once it went to BET, if I recall correctly. If so, maybe that's why they chose to go this route.  But other shows like Girlfriend had a track.

I do remember that. So maybe a studio audience would be better because some of the moments they just used the track for weren't even that funny.

Yeah. I think I read in that article that they based the laugh track on the crew's laughter. I thought the show was "cute."

BORderline

Admin

BranLover

Code Red: itsMista

Ok luv, atlease she fulfilled her contract. Gots to give it up. She work hard

brocka4life

Quote from: squid on January 01, 2016, 11:05:44 AM
The assistant was annoying and clich?. :hmph:

Cliche for a white gay assistant.

Definitely wasn't the stereotypical GHETTO black gay assistant, IMO.

BORderline

Quote from: NexTae on January 01, 2016, 11:07:25 AM

!!!
I only like him when he's with Pearl.

I did not really like him in the previews but he made me iii a bit.

BranLover

Quote from: MrMoon on January 01, 2016, 11:11:54 AM
Quote from: NexTae on January 01, 2016, 11:07:25 AM

!!!
I only like him when he's with Pearl.

I did not really like him in the previews but he made me iii a bit.

When he got on Pearl about not having a man and when he was lusting after the contractor I cackled. Lol. I like Pearl a lot tho.

RAY7

I think Niecy Nash would've been great for Pearl

jtwoeleven

Just finished watching! I like the sets, the styling, and it looks like there's good chemistry as far as group dynamics go. That being said, the show is new and def has potential to grow.

martian

It's only the first episode. People should give it time. It will get a second season which will give the actors room to grow in their roles and more characters to be introduced. My only criticism is that I wish it weren't on BET lol

CandyCrush

As with any new TV show, the 1st episode is giving you the back story, the introduction. The character development happens over time and most people understand that. I'm a huge Brandy fan and I absolutely could NOT watch her in The Game. The show was just terrible. This one will keep my interest because I like the theme of her "getting her swang on". Like somebody said, it's "cute".