If this isn't a single this will be ANOTHER missed opportunity

Started by Vonc2002, September 23, 2020, 12:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: LordB on September 23, 2020, 01:37:08 AM
!!!!!!

Rather Be needs to be next. Followed by Say Something

:stressed:

The way the GP would eat those songs up. Rightfully so because those 2 songs>>>>>

a really nice and well acted cinnematic video for say something would be amazing

i need a sexy beach and eye candy for rather

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

TogetherAgain

Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on September 23, 2020, 01:36:40 AM
Quote from: TogetherAgain on September 23, 2020, 01:25:25 AM
I love Rather Be, but it's not worth investing in a music video this late in the game.

The next single should be the lead from B7 Deluxe

not 2 month after its release being late in the game  :kii: :kii:the album can have 8 to 10 month momentum if its done right

Streaming has changed the game. Many artists have stopped releasing singles after their albums released.

The song is out there and has been for 2 months. A music video isn't going to make a hit out of nothing.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: TogetherAgain on September 23, 2020, 01:39:12 AM
Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on September 23, 2020, 01:36:40 AM
Quote from: TogetherAgain on September 23, 2020, 01:25:25 AM
I love Rather Be, but it's not worth investing in a music video this late in the game.

The next single should be the lead from B7 Deluxe

not 2 month after its release being late in the game  :kii: :kii:the album can have 8 to 10 month momentum if its done right

Streaming has changed the game. Many artists have stopped releasing singles after their albums released.

The song is out there and has been for 2 months. A music video isn't going to make a hit out of nothing.
:-o :-o :-o :-o

Different

Ma Lo

Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on September 23, 2020, 01:34:49 AM
i kinda dont see whats wrong
the rest of the album is slow or too heavy for a 8 year comeback tea
Babymama has knock preety much the only knock on the album

I think you are honestly over analyzing the record which is natural ..of course.....when you don't get music from your fave in nearly a decade ...so I get it. I hope that you'll  learn to appreciate the album over time ...Lew. You've always been a tough critic, but when a piece of art elicits an emotional response in you, especially based on things you've been through, (and I'm
99.9 % sure you've experienced something Brandy is singing about on B7) it tends to elicit a different response from you. Stop being so uppity with Bran and acting like you can't identify with the emotions she's experienced in the past several years. 

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Ntwadumela on September 23, 2020, 01:46:39 AM
Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on September 23, 2020, 01:34:49 AM
i kinda dont see whats wrong
the rest of the album is slow or too heavy for a 8 year comeback tea
Babymama has knock preety much the only knock on the album

I think you are honestly over analyzing the record which is natural ..of course.....when you don't get music from your fave in nearly a decade ...so I get it. I hope that you'll  learn to appreciate the album over time ...Lew. You've always been a tough critic, but when a piece of art elicits an emotional response in you, especially based on things you've been through, (and I'm
99.9 % sure you've experienced something Brandy is singing about on B7) it tends to elicit a different response from you. Stop being so uppity with Bran and acting like you can't identify with the emotions she's experienced in the past several years.
i mean

yes i get it and ive been thru it
but went thru my healing and got thru most of it
which is why i say others who need it need it
i just dont need the therapy that this album provides
so there is no need to keep revisiting the energies

but baby mama
rather be
and no tomorrow
and high heels they are positive and about love i like that
borderline is just good vocals and melody for me
the subject matter is not my cup of tea really
but all of it resonates with me just a different version of me
i began my shaddow work much earlier than corona or b7 lol
so alot of it bounces off of me but i dont judge the music as much as i do the technicalities

Different

ReVon

'Rather Be' isn't even my favorite track by far but it screams single and I feel it will be the best performing song out of all the songs on the album.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on September 23, 2020, 02:07:06 AM
'Rather Be' isn't even my favorite track by far but it screams single and I feel it will be the best performing song out of all the songs on the album.
Yea it's not my favorite either but it gives me SINGLE.  I
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

ReVon

Quote from: Vonc2002 on September 23, 2020, 02:08:42 AM
Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on September 23, 2020, 02:07:06 AM
Yea it's not my favorite either but it gives me SINGLE.  I

:flamebroiled: :flamebroiled: :flamebroiled:

STUNNA GOD

Freemala Harris

Gonna be sad if this ends up simply being another cult classic

STUNNA GOD

Bigmacthawoppa

I can see RB being popular w/ the gp b/c it's one of the most easily digestible songs off the album, but it also feels more like an extended interlude than a full song. That and the beat change/breakdown at the end to go into AML Pt1. Y'all think that would hurt its viability as a single? Say Something, as much as I'm not a fan, seems to have more proper song structure and seems more like a safe bet in terms of a traditional single.

If RB is released I feel like it needs to be in conjunction with another song as well. Like a RB/LD or RB/NT dual release.

STUNNA GOD

!!!!!!! I like RB, but you're exactly right... it gives extended interlude.