Started by Herb., December 19, 2015, 10:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie.

Quote from: Herbie on December 20, 2015, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: charlie on December 20, 2015, 01:52:57 PM
what test?
:ohwow:
n

It's a DNA test that shows you where your ancestors came from. I took my raw DNA and uploaded it to GEDMatch, which breaks it down even further for more accurate/specific results.

how much is it?

what i got ta dew
:sobusyjetsetter:

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Herb.

December 20, 2015, 02:08:33 PM #18 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:09:29 PM by Herbie
Quote from: charlie on December 20, 2015, 02:04:13 PM
Quote from: Herbie on December 20, 2015, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: charlie on December 20, 2015, 01:52:57 PM
what test?
:ohwow:
n

It's a DNA test that shows you where your ancestors came from. I took my raw DNA and uploaded it to GEDMatch, which breaks it down even further for more accurate/specific results.

how much is it?

what i got ta dew
:sobusyjetsetter:
It's 99 bucks for AncestryDNA. http://ancestrydna.com

Once you order the kit, they send you a tube to spit in, you send it back, it's extremely simple. They then email you results.

You can start there. Operative word being start, if you're truly interested.
Hit me up from there. Am glad to help!  :cheerup:

Herb.

December 20, 2015, 02:21:35 PM #20 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:23:56 PM by Herbie
FYI: This thread was for my bvys Young, Brandyolo', Lion, etc. those who are interested in genealogy.

I was wrestling on whether to post this or not because honestly even I am tired of seeing DNA threads but I felt bad because I was actually promoting skipping over certain results based on my discomfort with exploring them. Which was pretty ignorant on my part.

Those who could careless about this got damn powerpoint presentation, I understand. :dead: Long as it reaches the intended audience. :wub: <3

Sinpool

s

I didn't pay much attention to the Euro mess either kmkddd

Mostly because it said British & Irish so that sounded like pretty much all I needed to know about that lolz

Herb.

Quote from: Lion Babe on December 20, 2015, 05:40:23 PM
s

I didn't pay much attention to the Euro mess either kmkddd

Mostly because it said British & Irish so that sounded like pretty much all I needed to know about that lolz
!!!

British & Irish is pretty much west Europe..which is most likely some slave blood mess. (Unless you know of recent British or Irish family members, etc.)

Inject My Lips

That's pretty cool!  I forgot but what was your African break down?  Like which region was the majority?  I really hope I get a majority country instead of having it spread out.

Herb.

December 20, 2015, 05:53:42 PM #24 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:55:11 PM by Herbie
Quote from: Hazeleyes on December 20, 2015, 05:44:38 PM
That's pretty cool!  I forgot but what was your African break down?  Like which region was the majority?  I really hope I get a majority country instead of having it spread out.
GHana came in at the heaviest percentage. 34% which is really high concentration, usually African Americans have results that are spread out more.

Was kinda proud of that tbh. :stressed:

And I'm so sure that's my father's mess @ work. :stressed: That side of my family damn near looks untouched by outside racial influence.

The next regions were Congo/Cameroon at 16%, then Southeastern Africa Bantu @13%, East Africa came in at 7%

My African heritage is a bit mixed up, according to the results, a large heaping from West Africa, a significant amount from SE Africa as well. Then East Africa.

But GHana reigned supreme by a long shot. :tistheseas:

Inject My Lips

Quote from: Herbie on December 20, 2015, 05:53:42 PM
GHana came in at the heaviest percentage. 34% which is really high concentration, usually African Americans have results have it spread out more.

And I'm so sure that's my father's mess @ work. :stressed: That side of my family damn near looks untouched by outside racial influence.

The next regions were Congo/Cameroon at 16%, then Southeastern Africa Bantu @13%, East Africa came in at 7%

My African heritage is a bit mixed up, according to the results, some from West Africa, a significant amount from SE Africa as well. Then East Africa.

Yeah I was watching all the videos online and most people were split evenly, you got lucky!  I'm just waiting for the kits to go on sale again, I'm mad I missed the $70 sale last month.

Herb.

Quote from: Hazeleyes on December 20, 2015, 05:55:57 PM
Quote from: Herbie on December 20, 2015, 05:53:42 PM
GHana came in at the heaviest percentage. 34% which is really high concentration, usually African Americans have results have it spread out more.

My African heritage is a bit mixed up, according to the results, some from West Africa, a significant amount from SE Africa as well. Then East Africa.

Yeah I was watching all the videos online and most people were split evenly, you got lucky!  I'm just waiting for the kits to go on sale again, I'm mad I missed the $70 sale last month.
:stressed: Excited for you!

I'm so sure the concentration has to do with my father. Certain of it.

For the European DNA, out of 14%, I had 2% Irish. And my last name is Irish. Which comes from dad.

Everything else in Europe, the Russia connection thru Natives, the French connection through slave mess, I can be very sure that is ALL my mother. I inherited only a TINSY bit of European from my dad, and a HEAPING of African from him. :wellheythere: It makes the most sense.

Other sections of my African heritage is of course a little sketchy cuz we have less information to verify where what could come from.

Can't wait for your results bvy !!!

'ology

Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Young