Beyonce’s Homecoming on Netflix (Discussion thread)

Started by Hakim., April 16, 2019, 10:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakim.

This is gonna win some Emmys and Grammys.

Are Netflix exclusives eligible for Oscars?

CHOKE

April 18, 2019, 07:34:43 PM #496 Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 07:35:52 PM by Chokeme Politely
I clocked it

THIS is her greatest hits album

Rolling Stone:

QuoteReview: Beyonce's Triumphant 'Homecoming'
The live album that accompanies her new Netflix documentary is an awe-inspiring greatest hits set

4.5/5

Listening to the live album version of Homecoming, which was dropped as a surprise-release on all streaming platforms the same morning as the documentary, it's clear that Beyoncé and her musicians met the call. From the stirring, opening brass section of  "Welcome" to even the collage-like interludes that weave portions of her own discography with nods to everyone from Nina Simone to Soulja Boy, Homecoming: The Live Album is the type of victory lap worthy of a queen.

The setlist works so well because, at the time, Beyoncé was untethered to any current projects. Lemonade was a couple years behind her and Everything Is Love, her collaborative album with husband Jay-Z, had not yet been revealed to the public. For a pop star as productive and intentional as she is, a concert that isn't tied to an era is rare. So, the songs from Homecoming feel like a greatest hits collection with a twist: they're carefully combined, remixed and chopped up to fit the college homecoming theme and musical accompaniment of a full marching band.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/review-beyonce-homecoming-823326/amp/

Cowgirl

Quote from: Chokeme Politely on April 18, 2019, 11:50:16 AM
Quote from: LOONA. on April 18, 2019, 11:44:29 AM
Quote from: Glock on April 18, 2019, 11:17:01 AM
I know that's Tata in that pic
but this other nigger looks like Orlando from raven show

Ty Ty you dumb ape     

kakkddkkddkfkkrkrktktmtktkfkgmfjfmfj

NDJDJDFJFJFJFFHFFHHFHFHHGFHFHFHFFFF

Cowgirl

Quote from: Chokeme Politely on April 18, 2019, 07:34:43 PM
I clocked it

THIS is her greatest hits album

Rolling Stone:

QuoteReview: Beyonce's Triumphant 'Homecoming'
The live album that accompanies her new Netflix documentary is an awe-inspiring greatest hits set

4.5/5

Listening to the live album version of Homecoming, which was dropped as a surprise-release on all streaming platforms the same morning as the documentary, it's clear that Beyoncé and her musicians met the call. From the stirring, opening brass section of  "Welcome" to even the collage-like interludes that weave portions of her own discography with nods to everyone from Nina Simone to Soulja Boy, Homecoming: The Live Album is the type of victory lap worthy of a queen.

The setlist works so well because, at the time, Beyoncé was untethered to any current projects. Lemonade was a couple years behind her and Everything Is Love, her collaborative album with husband Jay-Z, had not yet been revealed to the public. For a pop star as productive and intentional as she is, a concert that isn't tied to an era is rare. So, the songs from Homecoming feel like a greatest hits collection with a twist: they're carefully combined, remixed and chopped up to fit the college homecoming theme and musical accompaniment of a full marching band.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/review-beyonce-homecoming-823326/amp/
I knew it was gh from the moment I saw it was a live album. Queen feels fulfilled.

:stressed:

Cowgirl

And the way she said she would never push herself like that again brought me to tears. I'm so emotional these days.

:stressed:

BAPHOMET.

CHOKE

QuoteMuch of the magic that makes the experience of merely listening to Homecoming so vivid is in Beyoncé's voice. Doing some of her most ambitious live choreography for two hours in the desert, the then-36-year-old delivers the best vocal performance of her career. Whether she's rapping her verse from "Top Off," belting "I Care" in tandem with the guitar solo or crafting an angelic harmony with her Destiny's Child groupmates for a medley of their hits, her voice only seems to grow stronger as the show progresses, a feat unto itself.

Hey Vonc

:justabit:

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

LOONA.

Her highest rated album on Pitchfork
100% on Rotten Tomatoes
Grammy win predictions from Billboard

CHOKE

GLOCK

April 19, 2019, 08:04:50 AM #508 Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:05:06 AM by Glock
Quote from: LOONA. on April 18, 2019, 11:44:29 AM
Quote from: Glock on April 18, 2019, 11:17:01 AM
I know that's Tata in that pic
but this other nigger looks like Orlando from raven show

Ty Ty you dumb ape     
ur so fucking dumb bitch
I actually know Tata  :plzstop:
http://m.zimbio.com/photos/Jay+Z/Tyran+'Tata'+Smith

I'm referring to the thick one

Ape

GLOCK

Quote from: Chokeme Politely on April 18, 2019, 11:50:16 AM