August Greene - Tiny Desk Concert Feat Brandy (Optimistic Performance)

Started by Camo, February 21, 2018, 01:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KippDaddy

Quote from: TEXASbama on February 21, 2018, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: brocka4life on February 21, 2018, 07:08:57 PM
Her voice sounds worn.

She seems to be in good spirits. Glad to see her trying something new.

hopefully its cause she was in the studio

I love your optimism

Heated🔥

she was OD nervous.
and she sounded a lil hoarse but overall she sounded great.
i'm mad she didnt do the mariah carey note.
she was too nervous.

Heated🔥

brocka4life

On second listen, she was nervous but still tried to have fun and get the audience involved. Her outfit makes a little more sense looking at how the rest of them are dressed.

I love her honesty, but sometimes when you tell people you?re nervous, they expect you to not deliver your best.

That man was getting on my nerves. And this is not a song for this type of venue given that the original had a whole choir. It needed at least 1 female background singer.

TriBeCa

Her voice is just simply beautiful. No auto tune needed.  Her problem is that she doesn't take risks and plays is too safe. There's no reason for her not to belt or reach for hit some higher notes in live performances. We all know she can do it.

Also this song is genuinely fitting for the resistance movement, to keep people uplifted. Im interested in seeing if/how it will be used in the coming months.

Vonc2002

This isn't the original. This could've been fine.  Let's just call a spade a spade, Brandy didn't sound good.  Her voice sounds worn and dry. It lacked resonance, Blah blah blah. Hopefully she does better next time
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

brocka4life

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 21, 2018, 11:55:27 PM
This isn't the original. This could've been fine.  Let's just call a spade a spade, Brandy didn't sound good.  Her voice sounds worn and dry. It lacked resonance, Blah blah blah. Hopefully she does better next time

I don?t like when she sings live along to her recorded voice. It always makes the performance seem like it?s missing something. Her stuff is too layered for that.

Heated🔥

Quote from: MARS. on February 21, 2018, 04:55:04 PM
the end was kind of a mess. I think this is the first time I've heard her not completely slay a live performance

SouravMay

Queen didn?t even take this seriously line that. She stepped out sang in half voice, and left. Seemed like she was glad once it was over.
B7

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

clearly something was fucking funny and she could not stop thinking about it
shes giving me just outta jail with this weight and outfit
she sounds great I think the nerves was from not being able to controll her voice when shes ready to keep laughing

laughing and crying are hard to sing through

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

b7

Quote from: Mary Jane on February 21, 2018, 11:25:49 PM
i feel like she knows that wasnt her best.
of course. she's too great of a vocalist not to know

i also have to take into account her added weight and how she may struggle with breathing and
endurance even more so now until she either gets used to it or drops it all. Its up to her though

i think she looks super pretty

b7

Quote from: Camo on February 21, 2018, 10:09:52 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on February 21, 2018, 06:27:36 PM
Quote from: Camo on February 21, 2018, 05:56:40 PM
Quote from: Harlem on February 21, 2018, 05:02:50 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on February 21, 2018, 04:50:15 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on February 21, 2018, 04:11:51 PM
That wasn?t good. I?m glad she did it, but i knew that intimate setting would be a little too different for her sssss

I hope she does it again and redeems herself

if you're saying it's bad it must be terrible ..lol

I honestly didn't have a problem with her vocals or the performance, but moreso her look. If you gain weight you need to wear clothes that are more flattering ...especially if everybody and they mama will be staring at you and all over the world in the video. She looks a little sloppy. I hope she pulls it together cuz this isn't her. I'm going back to my original theory. Brandy is gaining weight in an effort to "connect more spiritually and physically" with Syrai.. since she's also overweight.. Bran would totally do some crazy shit like that.

!!!!

You know I thought about it once that Bran gained weight to help Sy?rai with her insecurities... but I was like nahhh that?s a reach b/c the smart thing to do is to help your child make better healthier choices and keep them active

I thought this too. I don't wanna get too much into her weight but I think she's dealing with depression and on meds for it. Not sure how these other people on here can say, "wooo love the head space she's in" "she looks sooo happy" when she's clearly off from any Brandy we have ever seen before.
this isn?t true at all. She was very chill and peacueful during the FM era, AFRO, Human ...

If you just want her to be loud and super chipper and bone thin, then say that lol but don?t comment on what other people are saying as if that?s wrong or poor judgement or something. Who tf are you?

You took that wrong but cool go in lol. Just my opinion. I want what's best for her. Dont know her personally so it's not like I stated a fact, just another fan. Respect your response though.
I respect this response. the previous one definitely threw me off, sorry about that

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: 1RIG on February 22, 2018, 02:23:13 AM

i also have to take into account her added weight and how she may struggle with breathing and
endurance even more so now until she either gets used to it or drops it all. Its up to her though

Fucking stop :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

she sounds amazing

this was a care free  performance yall
tryna pull something so deep from this

there are ppul who couldnt pull off these beautiful vocals in this setting :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

yawl are terrible

not her best
struggling to breathe
:plzstop:

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: TheNextLew on February 22, 2018, 02:27:13 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on February 22, 2018, 02:23:13 AM

Fucking stop :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

she sounds amazing

this was a care free  performance yall
tryna pull something so deep from this

there are ppul who couldnt pull off these beautiful vocals in this setting :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

yawl are terrible

not her best
struggling to breathe
:plzstop:

The warmness of her tone her is everything but she didn't really have any vocal "moments" you know Bran usually has two or three runs in every performance that have you like :gorlonfire:

But this was her first time singing it live, right? her first performance of Departed was a mess and B&P was just okay. It takes Bran a few tries before she starts killing. Every star knows that.