Dawn Richards on Brandy Comparisions.....

Started by JRocka, September 14, 2015, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRocka

QuoteI grew up loving Imogen Heap and Bjork. And one of my favourite female voices to this day is Alanis Morissette. Those voices really did something for me, growing up to me they sounded like cognac and cigar smoke, they had these cool tones that worked well with rock and alternative music.  As far as what I do organically, I just go in and whatever feels good, feels good I don?t force it. Leads and adlibs are cool but my favourite thing to do when I?m in the studio is backgrounds. I can go on and on for days, there?s this sense of peace and chanting. Like an army of bad motherfuckers always behind me, like a 1000 people in believing me and 1000 people behind me every time doing these counter chants which are so African, so Creole and so New Orleans.
People want so badly for there to be Brandy-isms. I didn?t know about Brandy until college, I didn?t grow up on Brandy, I grew up on Bjork and Imogen Heap.  So there was no influence but I respect her. I think she?s one of the dopest singers we?ve ever had in our time. When I found out about her through my brother, I was like this girls voice is on a whole other level so the respect of Brandy is definitely there. She to me is the vocal bible, but I don?t necessarily take her style or influence into my music. I don?t think of Brandy when I think of the formatting of my music and I think it?s funny that only black people think that.

source from thatgrapejuice.net

Dawn gurl you lying about how you discover Brandy and you only went more left field after the comparisions........ :shannonsmissing:

Dee

She's lying. Ugly self

She tries ha hardest to give Bran DOWN

AIDS!

JRocka

i'm in fucking tears when she says only Black people compare her to Brandy  :dead: :dead: :dead:

JRocka

Quote from: Dorobucci on September 14, 2015, 04:37:51 PM
This is so old

this is new to me and i just read it on thatgrapejuice with the link to the site  :rudone:

Dee

Phantom

I'm sorry but there's no way this bitch GREW UP on Imogen Heap and Bjork. That's just a straight up lie

AIDS!

Quote from: JRocka on September 14, 2015, 04:39:08 PM
This is so old

this is new to me and i just read it on thatgrapejuice with the link to the site  :rudone:
this is why we've been dragging her for years luv
:plzstop:

Kurama

JRocka

Quote from: Dorobucci on September 14, 2015, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: JRocka on September 14, 2015, 04:39:08 PM
This is so old

this is why we've been dragging her for years luv
:plzstop:

oh i'm gonna jump on the wagon now  :dead: :dead: :dead:

iman

Just the first line has me screaming. Lying ass bitch.

Admin

September 14, 2015, 04:53:32 PM #11 Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:53:46 PM by squid
Come on guys.
The Bj?rk influence in "Been A While" is pretty obvious.

:jackiessales:

Wtv

There is more to that interview, where she praises Brandy too. But many people ignore that part
But yeah, saying she didnt hear Brandy in her childhood, with Brandy being that huge in the 90s, I mean.... come on Dawn, lol. I get that she dislike to be compare, but... at least understand people's point, and just appreciate it, and call it a day

MAY

b

This is old. We already lashed her worse than Hurricane Katrina did.

Dee

Quote from: squid on September 14, 2015, 04:53:32 PM
Come on guys.
The Bj?rk influence in "Been A While" is pretty obvious.

:jackiessales:

Crying. Ha ugly self

This title is SENDING me