Buy Leona Lewis' New Album For $3.99 On Grindr....

Started by JRocka, September 14, 2015, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRocka

QuoteLeona Lewis is the latest star to utilize Grindr as a promotional tactic.

Following in the footsteps of Madonna and Nicki Minaj, Leona Lewis is hopping onto Grindr to push copies of her latest LP, 'I Am.' In a move arguably unbefitting of her public persona, Lewis has taken to the gay 'dating' app with a special offer - anyone who purchases her album through Grindr need only pay $3.99. Bargain.

The move comes as Leona struggles to sell her fifth studio endeavor, with the lead single "Fire Under My Feet" not managing to crack the top 50 in the UK and making no appearance on the Hot 100. Late last year, Lewis departed Sony records, where she signed after winning the UK X Factor in 2006, after some very public disagreements with label boss Simon Cowell about the direction of her career.

If you're left unconvinced by Lewis' online campaign, check out her performance of new single "Thunder" on Good Morning America this morning.

The song's a soulful, uplifting mid-tempo but it doesn't scream chart success. Hopefully it'll appeal to an audience more inclined to buy albums than singles and help Leona sell 'I Am,' because we're left a little skeptical as to how well her Grindr tactics are going to work.

wow this marketing approach is quite innovative and edgy...go Leona  :stressed: :stressed:

FINE.

She fell off so bad. The new album is bad. And her voice sounds different.

JRocka

all the songs so far are uplifting and coming from what she is going through....imma cop it cause Glassheart was dope >>>>>>>>>

JRocka

Quote from: FINE. on September 14, 2015, 05:54:05 PM
She fell off so bad. The new album is bad. And her voice sounds different.

People think Simon blacklist her after she left his label due to creative differences...and yea i was saying the same thing about her voice i think it might had been that damn nose job or she prob had surgery on her vocals

BAPHOMET.

Her type of music isn't exactly what those Grindr users listen to and go UP for.
Its more Lady Gaga, Britney Spears n Madge. No shade.

But nobody is going to buying her mess anyway. Oh Leona... You had potential .

JRocka

I feel really bad for her...UK radio is barely playing her songs from blogs I've been reading :stressed: Simon def blacklist her

JRocka

.betterwiseup

Mel.

JRocka

FINE.

Quote from: Black Cristal on September 14, 2015, 06:01:36 PM
She fucking sucks. Her voice is shot. The album is shit. Her career is over.

WOOOOOO! Just had to get it off my chest.

:feelinmyself:
ki

Miranda

she is done, i saw her latest video on tv and she looked like a joke.

Cowboy Nine

Mel.