Spinoff: Old Scandals that Would Have Broken Social Media

Started by ssw4919, June 09, 2016, 04:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssw4919

Had social media existed back then...

I wonder if tea was hotter then because a lot was able to be kept secret.  Details only emerge when people do biopics and biographies decades later.  At the time, only magazines, gossipy DJs, and word-of-mouth spread tea.

What would have broken the Internet?

• Bad Boy/Deathrow East Coast West Coast rivalry.  This would have shut everything down.  Huge stars were involved (hip hop and R&B), real criminals, deaths, adultery, abortions, and all kinds of stuff.  It reached mythic proportions even back then.  It would have been exacerbated by social media.
  • Aaliyah and R. Kelly
  • Destiny's Child break-up.  Again, it got nasty even back then.
  • The Jacksons.  Them niggas were nasty.  Joe, Jackie, and Jermaine shared women.  Jackie and Jermaine have kids with the same woman.   :omgwatshappening:  They were the biggest musical family ever and associated with other huge acts.  Jackie's wife caught him on a date with Paula Abdul and ran him over with a car.  :dead:  Latoya was getting pimped by her husband.  Randy and Janet jumped one of Joe's hoes on behalf of their mother.  Their tea was epic.
  • Extremely popular, extremely sexual male R&B singer gets paralyzed for life because his car crashes while a trans is allegedly giving him head.  I.E., what happened to Teddy Pendergrass.  Imagine if that happened today with a big singer.
  • All Motown tea is hot.  It went down in Detroit.  Diana sleeping with Berry.  David Ruffin beating up Tammi Terrell.  Marvin Gaye marrying a much older woman (Berry's sister), only to turn around years later and cheat on her with a 17 year-old girl. :omgwatshappening: 
  • Sam Cooke's mysterious death.  But it didn't end there.  Three months later (just three!!!) his widow married Bobby Womack, who Sam had mentored.  :omgwatshappening:  The widow's brother stomped him for that.  A few years later, the widow caught Bobby sleeping with her teenage daughter.  :omgwatshappening:
  • These violent scandals:  Lionel Richie's wife (Nicole Richie's mom, Brenda) stomping him and his mistress when she caught them in bed.  Beat them so bad, she was arrested for spousal abuse.
  • Al Green's crazy gf, Mary.  She was married, messing with Al, waited until he was naked getting in the shower, and dumped a pot of boiling hot grits on him.  Scalded him with third degree burns all over his body.  Then, she shot and killed herself.  Rocked Al so much that he became a pastor and switched to gospel.
  • Whitney and Bobby

Others?

LOONA.

D.I.E.G.O.

Anita Hill

A lot of the old Brandy stories that many people, aside from fans, don't know about. Like the rumors of her vs Adina Howard, her shady ass comments about other artists, etc.

I also think the Birtney x Xtina "feud" would have been even more exaggerated

Opposites Attract.

I never knew about any of this stuff except for the Bad Boy mess.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Zankou.

Quote from: ssw4919 on June 09, 2016, 04:00:05 PM
  • The Jacksons.  Them niggas were nasty.  Joe, Jackie, and Jermaine shared women.  Jackie and Jermaine have kids with the same woman.   :omgwatshappening:  They were the biggest musical family ever and associated with other huge acts.  Jackie's wife caught him on a date with Paula Abdul and ran him over with a car.  :dead:  Latoya was getting pimped by her husband.  Randy and Janet jumped one of Joe's hoes on behalf of their mother.  Their tea was epic.

WTF

this family is disgusting

ssw4919

Quote from: Don Draper on June 09, 2016, 04:02:03 PM
Clinton/Lewinsky

!!!!

Mary J Blige discovering on live TV that she was no longer engaged to KCi Hailey.  The embarrassment.  :dead:

Real

Quote from: Margeaux. on June 09, 2016, 04:06:25 PM
I never knew about any of this stuff except for the Bad Boy mess.

U never heard about Aaliyah and R Kelly or Destiny's Child breaking up?? Even on here?

Zankou.

Quote from: ssw4919 on June 09, 2016, 04:07:38 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 09, 2016, 04:02:03 PM
Clinton/Lewinsky

!!!!

Mary J Blige discovering on live TV that she was no longer engaged to KCi Hailey.  The embarrassment.  :dead:

omg

is there a video?

Zankou.

didn't someone say Mary J ran up on some girl with a pistol at a gas station?

Real

SouravMay

June 09, 2016, 04:12:51 PM #11 Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:20:22 PM by Magnolia Maymuru
The shade room
Would have been on fire back then...

The tweets between brandy and Monica during 1998 nnnn :plzstop:
B7

Gilgamesh.

LOONA.