Spinoff: Old Scandals that Would Have Broken Social Media

Started by ssw4919, June 09, 2016, 04:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merkaba

The 'Bert and Aaliyah mess would shut #BlackTwitter down. People still talk about it today cause there's a mystery there. Neither of them confirmed anything.

A lot of the label beef and mess would cause riots tbh. Just imagine ppl sneaking in pics at the overzealous parties back then  :plzstop: I don't think Diddy would be around like he is now tbh.

yummy

Quote from: merkaba on June 09, 2016, 04:27:16 PM
I don't think Diddy would be around like he is now tbh.

Not the whole roster dragging him on IG for stealing money  :plzstop:

Freemala Harris

Everything Whitney & Bobby

& all the VMA mess

+ Brit vs Xtina

Zankou.

not to mention there are rumors that he hired people to kill for him

ssw4919

Wow, yeah.  Both MJ cases would have shut everything down.

It's funny because Janet at the SB, Britney going crazy, the Confessions album drama with Usher, etc. all seems rather "recent" to me.  But they all predate most social media, and even most TMZ coverage, even though they happened in the 2000s.  Everything changed roughly ten years ago, so the way we consumed pop culture scandals is totally different when you're talking about anything prior to about 2006.  :omgwatshappening:

.betterwiseup

Dr. Dre beating up a female radio host at a party.

merkaba

Eminem would be all over TMZ and Twitter like Bieber is now.

.betterwiseup

Quote from: ssw4919 on June 09, 2016, 04:26:16 PM
Quote from: .betterwiseup on June 09, 2016, 04:19:13 PM
Sam Cooke was killed by the hotel manager. She claimed he broke down her office door and tried to attack her.

Yep.  He was found dead wearing only a coat and shoes.   :uhh:  He stormed in looking for the woman he was messin with at the hotel earlier.

But ki at his widow remarrying three months later.  :dead:
His wife married Bobby Womack and his daughter married Bobby Womack's brother.  :dead:

ssw4919

Quote from: .betterwiseup on June 09, 2016, 04:36:01 PM

Oh man!!!! He stomped her and no one did anything to help her.

Reminds me of Michel'le mess.  She was the female singer on the roster, had a baby with Dre, only to end up with Shug later. :omgwatshappening:

merkaba

I don't think Marvin Gaye would be as revered as he is now had social media been around back then. Same goes for Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley.

ssw4919

Prince vs. Rick James.  Rick HATED Prince, and thought he stole his style after opening up for him on tour.  He kinda did, lowkey.

.betterwiseup

Quote from: ssw4919 on June 09, 2016, 04:39:31 PM
Quote from: .betterwiseup on June 09, 2016, 04:36:01 PM

Oh man!!!! He stomped her and no one did anything to help her.

Reminds me of Michel'le mess.  She was the female singer on the roster, had a baby with Dre, only to end up with Shug later. :omgwatshappening:
Doug Young said he tried to help her but Dr. Dre bodyguard pistol-whipped him.

ssw4919

Quote from: merkaba on June 09, 2016, 04:41:26 PM
I don't think Marvin Gaye would be as revered as he is now had social media been around back then. Same goes for Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley.

Why not?  The young girls?  People still accept R Kelly and other known pedos.  I don't think it would have made a difference.

BAPHOMET.