Kelly had to have felt some kinda way at the time...

Started by Kalifornia., March 27, 2018, 10:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: FadedEnvy on March 27, 2018, 10:55:36 PM
The 25 Worst-Selling #1 Albums

Most music lists are so flattering that any artist would love to be on them. The most #1 hits! The longest-running #1 albums! The most Grammys! It?s an endless orgy of the first, the fastest, the longest and the greatest.

This is a list that no artist would want to be on. These are the worst-selling #1 albums between May 1991, when Nielsen/SoundScan began tracking sales for Billboard, and the end of 2006. (I excluded 2007 and 2008 albums on the theory that they?re still adding to their totals. Also, singling out low-selling albums from the past two years, when sales have been down industry-wide, would be like shooting fish in a barrel.)

7. LeToya, LeToya, 529,000. This was the solo debut by LeToya Luckett, a former member of Destiny?s Child. LeToya left the group in early 2000, after the release of its top 10 blockbuster, The Writing?s On The Wall. LeToya has sold about one-twelfth as many copies as that album has. The album charted in July 2006. The single, ?Torn,? reached #31 on the Hot 100.
so ..   still shitting on Kelly at that time, overall huh? Damn

T4p

b7

Quote from: FadedEnvy on March 27, 2018, 10:59:24 PM
Rowland's biggest hit away from Destiny's Child is "Dilemma," her collaboration with Nelly. The song spent 10 weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100 and nine weeks atop the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

Her 2002 solo debut, "Simply Deep," has sold 594,000 in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
sdddfffgggggg LeToya SLAYED and had Mathew Knowles shaking in 06, huh?

Whoa

Heated🔥

FadedEnvy

Quote from: 1RIG on March 27, 2018, 11:07:47 PM
Quote from: FadedEnvy on March 27, 2018, 10:59:24 PM
Rowland's biggest hit away from Destiny's Child is "Dilemma," her collaboration with Nelly. The song spent 10 weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100 and nine weeks atop the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

Her 2002 solo debut, "Simply Deep," has sold 594,000 in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
sdddfffgggggg LeToya SLAYED and had Mathew Knowles shaking in 06, huh?

Whoa

LUCKETT*LETOYA. BACK 2 LIFE. 7,672

Kalifornia.

b7

Nnnnnnn So Letoya?s sure of herself and actually putting out quality work whilst Kelly is still figuring things out 21 years in.

Interesting.

Kalifornia.

ssw4919

Quote from: herbie on March 27, 2018, 10:36:55 PM
i think kelly coulda had a platinum mess if she went a different route when she first branched off

instead of the pop guitar sarah/becky mess she was doin

train on a track!
PSA in song, etc.
s
dsdds

i kinda got my life tho it was cute
but nothing the DC crowd would dug into.

she finally really DUG the fuck in and gnawed on a few skulls with Talk A Good Game

and Ms. Kelly was real cute . but i dunno. she didn't DIG the fuck in like Letoya.
Goddess said fuck it and put that fry daddy to fucking use

I always thought Matt purposely set her up to do pop/alternative music so as not be direct competition to Beyonc?.

Let's not forget that Kelly was the first one to experience success apart from the group with Nelly's Dilemma.  Instead of capitalizing on that and staying in that lane, Matt had her recording that awful debut album.  WTF was Stole?

No shade but Dilemma was one of the biggest songs of the decade.  Kelly should have done that type of R&B.  :ummwhat:

And if I recall correctly, Beyonc? was supposed to debut first.  But they rushed Kelly's project after Dilemma took off.

ssw4919

What kinda impeccable memory :ohwow:

QuoteBy July 2002, the track had reached the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100 based on airplay alone. This prompted Nelly to release it as the album's second single, although it was not the original plan.[6] The single was released on July 30, 2002. The decision affected the early plans for Destiny's Child members, whose members were held on hiatus to pursue solo album releases. As part of their strategy, each member's albums were to be staggered with member Beyonc? Knowles releasing in October 2002 and Rowland's album expected in early 2003.[6] Their management rescheduled the dates: Rowland eventually released her debut solo album, Simply Deep, on October 28, 2002, ahead of Knowles, which caused her to move and push back her album release to a June 2003 date. "Dilemma" was released as the first single from the album, which served as a propeller for her solo career.[5]

FadedEnvy

March 27, 2018, 11:28:50 PM #27 Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:30:08 PM by FadedEnvy
Quote from: 1RIG on March 27, 2018, 11:13:04 PM
Nnnnnnn So Letoya?s sure of herself and actually putting out quality work whilst Kelly is still figuring things out 21 years in.

Interesting.

Ikr, but she's getting there. Just another five years of hiatus and 300k shaved off the total sales of her last album to go.

Kalifornia.

The sad thing is by the time her album was released Nelly had already gotten all those sales from the song.

Scott.