T-Boz On TLC: The Whole Industry Turned On Us When Left-Eye Died

Started by Freemala Harris, October 14, 2020, 10:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

October 14, 2020, 10:56:55 AM Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:59:11 AM by Freemala Harris
T-Boz Name Drops Nelly and Drake; Claims "The Whole Industry Turned On Us" After Left Eye's Death

In a recent interview with Hollywood Unlocked, T-Boz didn't mind mentioning names as she expressed how the industry and the offices of LaFace Records started to give her and Chilli the cold shoulder.  "Everybody. L.A. Reid. I'll call 'em all out; I don't care. L.A. Everybody. All the big executives, we put LaFace on the map, made them all kind of millions," she said.

"They was like, 'It's over for them. They're never going to do it again.' And I kept saying, 'Nah, bruh, that still doesn't hinder my talent and my passion to sing and dance.' It's in my soul," she added. "I was just like, you just have to find that one person to say yes and find your new normal. We all know it's never going to be the same again, but you find your new normal, and you keep going. And that is what Lisa would want us to do, and I have kids to feed, so why would I stop? It's TLC forever, whether she's physically here or not," T-Boz continued.

During the interview, she said that she recalled a time when she and Chilli were preparing for the 2014 VH1 Super Bowl Bliss, saying that this was the concert that showed how the industry viewed them. She said, "That concert was the most stressful hectic concert, but it ended up being the greatest." However, she revealed that both Nelly and Drake pulled out of the show at the last minute.

"Nelly's like 'I got to get my hair cut,'" and "Drake, he pulled out. We had just did his OVO Fest. He was like, 'I don't know, I'm working on my performance'... T.I.

Everybody," T-Boz revealed. Although the group was invited to perform at Drake's OVO Fest, she said that she felt like Drake, Nelly, and T.I. were distancing themselves from them because they were unsure of the group's future in the industry.

"Sometimes I wonder if you don't know if you're going to look 'Sucka Free Sunday' standing next to us because it may be over," She said, adding, "Or, if you was really 'telling the truth.' which I think it was the first thing."

Despite the rumors, TLC and Nelly have had a working relationship since the group performed with Nelly and Flo Rida on their 2019 joint tour.

https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/t-boz-name-drops-nelly-and-drake-claims-the-whole-industry-turned-on-us-after-left-eyes-death/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

@ 4:00

STUNNA GOD

Sdddddddddddddddddd

Tboz n Chilli wasn't what everyone signed up for. I'm sorry, but when Left Eye was dismissed, so were y'all.

:udontlookok:

Aalumeci.

Yea TBoz, y'all were the first act I stanned back in 93 but the 2 of you just wouldn't DO. And left eye was my least fav. TLC needed all of you 

CHOKE

Murrah

Quote from: BorderL0NZ. on October 14, 2020, 11:53:21 AM
Yea TBoz, y'all were the first act I stanned back in 93 but the 2 of you just wouldn't DO. And left eye was my least fav. TLC needed all of you

I disagree, they carried the group. A Left Eye verse was simply the cherry on top. They should have just rebranded themselves as T-Boz & Chilli and made new albums. Yes peak sales would have been in the past, but they could have gotten some more platinum plaques and did great on small arena tours!

how u let him cheat

Quote from: Murrah on October 14, 2020, 12:17:20 PM

I disagree, they carried the group. A Left Eye verse was simply the cherry on top.

see this us what i was feeling too

but then

when you look at 3D

:shook:

idk
then take him back? must be yo only nigga.

how u let him cheat

lisa might have only contributed a verse here and there as far as vocals, but remember quee was kinda the visionary of the group

4everSLAYanafan

Quote from: Choke on October 14, 2020, 11:55:24 AM
They're not as interesting without her. Period.

like duh if all of them had solo records i'm still buying lisa's first, Then T's  but yeah TLC in totality is the deal here .

4everSLAYanafan

Quote from: the album is fucking comingggg on October 14, 2020, 12:19:36 PM

I disagree, they carried the group. A Left Eye verse was simply the cherry on top.

but then

when you look at 3D

idk

3D with just T-Boz and Chill wasn't great at all, it's not touching any of their previous work. The recycled raps from Lisa's solo records and beats saved the album anybody could have did those songs they did on 3D

4everSLAYanafan

the 3D intro alone still makes me upset like really that was wack af 

Annie

I thought the problem was tboz struggling with her health..like she didn't have the energy
And I feel like once they know in the industry that you get ill every time and have low energy it gets very difficult

/.\

Kalifornia.

!!!

Marilyn

TLC was fading out by the early 2000s anyway. They may have had another successful era but I don't think it would've been anything close to what it was in the 90s.

how u let him cheat

Quote from: 4everSLAYanafan on October 14, 2020, 12:47:23 PM
Quote from: the album is fucking comingggg on October 14, 2020, 12:19:36 PM

but then

when you look at 3D

idk

3D with just T-Boz and Chill wasn't great at all, it's not touching any of their previous work. The recycled raps from Lisa's solo records and beats saved the album anybody could have did those songs they did on 3D

vvcccc that was kinda my point bby