Is Two Eleven more influential than it's given credit for?

Started by TogetherAgain, January 05, 2020, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

I pretty much echo the same sentiments as everyone. Album was good overall, but you could tell that Brandy at that time was still seeking commercial success and it showed in the quality of the album and the lack of direction. The only song that was personal was Wildest Dreams, but overall, just good songs thrown together. 

The album lacked so much depth that the intro and the outro was the same boring instrumental.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Harlem

I fuck with "Music" a lot, probably b/c it reminds of her unreleased era but just mixed/mastered

reekz

Quote from: Harlem on January 05, 2020, 02:27:53 PM
I fuck with "Music" a lot, probably b/c it reminds of her unreleased era but just mixed/mastered

Music and Can You Hear Me now are so timeless. Love those two.

b7

I looove the other mix of Can you hear me now 

Brandy probably wanted her vocals and adlibs turned up and that's exactly what we got. Really good

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: Niggahontas on January 05, 2020, 11:12:10 AM
It was Ghan's mixtape alber.

A bunch of hot songs thrown together for a quick microwave tea ...

Nowhere near the creativity of GODfrodisiac and was missing the cohesiveness of Snoreman
Human>>>>>>>>>>Any Toni Album after Libra.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Cowgirl

Can we discuss Human again? I feel bad for shading ha for so many years.

:stressed:

Moon

the album was HORRIBLE

And it all started with that horrible ass song put it down. I don't care what anyone says, the song is terrible and so was the video.

now let's get into RHD, one of if not her best 1st single mess. If she had been in a different label situation at the time.. omg

Cowgirl

Quote from: afromoondiac on January 05, 2020, 03:43:23 PM
now let's get into RHD, one of if not her best 1st single mess. If she had been in a different label situation at the time.. omg
LET'S!!!

Harlem

Quote from: 1RIG on January 05, 2020, 02:39:17 PM
I looove the other mix of Can you hear me now

Brandy probably wanted her vocals and adlibs turned up and that's exactly what we got. Really good

What's other mix, king?! Link me

Good Morning Gorgeous

Quote from: TinaSnow on January 05, 2020, 03:40:10 PM

That is THE album I hate the most from Brandy.

Annie

Quote from: LF on January 05, 2020, 02:12:18 PM
I pretty much echo the same sentiments as everyone. Album was good overall, but you could tell that Brandy at that time was still seeking commercial success and it showed in the quality of the album and the lack of direction. The only song that was personal was Wildest Dreams, but overall, just good songs thrown together.

The album lacked so much depth that the intro and the outro was the same boring instrumental.

!!!!

I still play Wildest dreams, So sick and slower. Wish your love away sometimes

Songs like Put it down and let me go were cute but not timeless. It just didn't age well. Mixtape vibes. I'm still mad at the intro and outro.

/.\

Annie

Quote from: mylogistics on January 05, 2020, 04:31:34 PM
Quote from: TinaSnow on January 05, 2020, 03:40:10 PM

That is THE album I hate the most from Brandy.
I was just gonna say
Can we discuss Afro or FM? NSN
Can't save the thread with Human  :everythingok:

/.\

AfroJisiac

Quote from: Ntwadumela on January 05, 2020, 11:18:19 AM
If the new music ever comes I hope she breaks that 2nd single curse.. with how long she's been gone she needs to drop 15 singles and videos at once tbh
too unsure about her choices for that.
she let people make her change her mind all the time so one day it's that song as the 2nd single and the next day it's "oh that other song will be the 2nd single"
i dont see how u can have ur singles lined up (at least the 3 1st ones) and be sure about them.. be ready and release them without blinkin'...

look.. when someone like Beyonce is releasin' her album she already KNOWS which songs are gonna be single (when it's not the whole album lol)...she knows where she's goin' and what to do with that album...

Brandy coulda been at that point in her career where she sould be sure of her songs choices and release wtf she wants withouth constantly 2nd guessing everything.
Dont get me wrong... 2nd-guessing things makes u move forward and not make certain mistakes but always 2nd guessing things makes u go nowhere.. and sometimes i feel likethat's the case with brandy music wise...hell i wouldn't be surprised to see her scrap all the work she did with DJ Camper for another route...

Young

Quote from: 'ology on January 05, 2020, 11:01:58 AM
Yea I feel that it doesn't get the love it deserves it's a really good cohesive album. But it lacks a certain Brandy aspect about it.