Is Two Eleven more influential than it's given credit for?

Started by TogetherAgain, January 05, 2020, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDawg

demitri.petty

May 03, 2020, 01:24:00 PM #77 Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:24:35 PM by demitri.petty
I love Two Eleven because vocally she out sang Human!!

the runs, harmonies, and vocal DEPTH of 2/11 >>>>>>>

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: negro. indian. cocktail. 🍷 on January 05, 2020, 11:12:10 AM
It was Ghan's mixtape alber.

A bunch of hot songs thrown together for a quick microwave tea ...

Nowhere near the creativity of GODfrodisiac and was missing the cohesiveness of Snoreman
Not too much on Human faggot. :uhh: Human is a much better album than Two Eleven.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Quote from: demitri.petty on May 03, 2020, 01:24:00 PM
I love Two Eleven because vocally she out sang Human!!

the runs, harmonies, and vocal DEPTH of 2/11 >>>>>>>
No.  :uhh:
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Human>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Two Eleven in every single way possible.
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Le Champ

Human is my least favorite Brandy album, but vocally, it's unmatched lol

Bigmacthawoppa

May 03, 2020, 01:29:24 PM #82 Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:30:44 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 01:26:59 PM

!!!!

Yeah, 2/11 is by far her worst album. It just feels like a bunch of songs thrown together to sound current. Human may have been too AC/poppy but it still felt like more of a Brandy album, with the effort put into it. Anyone could have released 2/11.

Seashell

it's a good album but I can't think of any records that it influenced.

demitri.petty

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 03, 2020, 01:29:24 PM

!!!!

Yeah, 2/11 is by far her worst album. It just feels like a bunch of songs thrown together to sound current. Human may have been too AC/poppy but it still felt like more of a Brandy album, with the effort put into it. Anyone could have released 2/11.

I'm listening to 2/11 right now, I don't agree with the last part of your comment. 2/11 is still a BRANDY album. I can't think of another artist who even has the same musical ear as brandy. Like she finds hidden places to tuck harmonies and notes lol. 2/11 still has some good Brandy elements in it vocally. She MADE those songs. But I can agree that I feel like they wanted it to be a current sound of R&B at the time

Le Champ

Quote from: demitri.petty on May 03, 2020, 02:05:58 PM

!!!!

I'm listening to 2/11 right now, I don't agree with the last part of your comment. 2/11 is still a BRANDY album. I can't think of another artist who even has the same musical ear as brandy. Like she finds hidden places to tuck harmonies and notes lol. 2/11 still has some good Brandy elements in it vocally. She MADE those songs. But I can agree that I feel like they wanted it to be a current sound of R&B at the time

Well Brandy will kill any song vocally. That'll never be an issue. I think they're saying those songs weren't really unique to her outside of a few.

Quote from: demitri.petty on May 03, 2020, 02:05:58 PM

!!!!

Two Eleven is NOT a Brandy album. That album is her worst album period.
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

ZuZu

reekz

May 03, 2020, 11:03:29 PM #89 Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 11:04:25 PM by trapMysoulagain
2/11 was the greatest album of 2012 in my opinion. I listen to it now and bish..I just don't know what happened.

:uhh:

like I pass damn near every song.