Lil Kim Says She Passed The Torch To Cardi B, "She Has The Crown Now"

Started by Navyman, October 09, 2019, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

What is Kim's body of work? Ain't she the reason female rap fell off, because her music started to suck, couldn't sell, couldn't relate, or get played on radio? I truly only know bout 3 or 4 Krim chunes

Sovereign.

Girl......the entire "Hard Core" album is pure EXCELLENCE. Your fav could never! Along with "Notorious K.I.M." Kim released four straight classics! What your fav got? 

reekz

fedswatchin

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: Tonkaman on October 09, 2019, 12:03:37 AM
https://twitter.com/CardiBCharts/status/1181677777415737346?s
We hey new Queen Of Rap
:ohwow:
:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

LOVE the way the show set this question up

and LOVE the way Kim gave the answer like it was just a fckn given  :plzstop: :plzstop:

why hasn't Nicki fumed owt yet tho?! this is two major things in 36 hours  :uhh:

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: 89 on October 09, 2019, 08:53:52 AM
Kim the torch went out from sitting there over 10 yrs with no music to keep it lit
really cool to know your thoughts or whatever
with that logic.... has Brandy's torch as the vocal bible ever went out when she's in hiatus?

I don't think there's time limits on accomplishments tbh

Aalumeci.

Quote from: R. on October 09, 2019, 08:59:22 AM
I never hear Nicki music on the radio if it's not current. I'm not sure what song would be a classic tbh. Maybe Bedrock

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Abuse of Power on October 09, 2019, 09:03:07 AM
What is Kim's body of work? Ain't she the reason female rap fell off, because her music started to suck, couldn't sell, couldn't relate, or get played on radio? I truly only know bout 3 or 4 Krim chunes

Kim's albums are cohesive and sound like albums. The rest of that mess you typed doesn't matter brwnsgr

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Abuse of Power on October 09, 2019, 09:03:07 AM

So Kims music started to suck and sell less, and female rap died.

Nickis music started to suck and sell less, and female rap thrived.

Got it, one of these things isn't like the other

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Scott. on October 09, 2019, 08:45:43 AM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 09, 2019, 01:46:14 AM
Yeah Nickles rap legacy is kinda the pits. IMO she has no classics and after 10+ years we would kinda start to see what they are. Starships and Moment for life isn't enough to build a rap legacy on and her only iconic verse is on Monster.

Her image is far too intertwined with Kim's to even see her as a fashion icon. If you dressing up like Nicki then by default your  gonna look like Kim. Kim is the blueprint and no amount of sales or charts is going to change that. The whole female rap industry is still using her as a mood board.

Best post in here

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Tonkaman on October 09, 2019, 01:54:50 AM
I mean you have got too admit Kim is a groundbreaking, the most influential female rap artist. Don't care who comes along and out sale and more #1 etc... just like the last poster stated before Kim female rapper had an entire different style and sound that made them acceptable.

After kim everyone has been in the style of Kim, in the school of Lil Kim. Frmale rap can literally be broken down to two periods, before Kim and after Kim.

Wait this might be the best one

LOONA.

Quote from: 1996. on October 09, 2019, 01:13:36 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on October 09, 2019, 12:55:19 AM
whatever fits your criteria hun.

Recently Cardi has sold more and won more and scored #1 hits. She's actually closer to a current Quee. But Kim is Queen Mother and that's never changing.
Nicki did not become the Queen during her debut era.

Well Cardi did     

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: LOONA. on October 09, 2019, 09:30:28 AM
Quote from: 1996. on October 09, 2019, 01:13:36 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on October 09, 2019, 12:55:19 AM
whatever fits your criteria hun.

Recently Cardi has sold more and won more and scored #1 hits. She's actually closer to a current Quee. But Kim is Queen Mother and that's never changing.
Nicki did not become the Queen during her debut era.

Well Cardi did     

k;cvkvv
lemme just
:unbothered: