Brandy?s NSO shows canceled due to (finally explains illness and apologizes)

Started by Steffon, January 15, 2019, 12:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

Quote from: 12 Nights of Molesting Flopped on January 26, 2019, 10:31:01 AM
Quote from: SPARK on January 26, 2019, 10:26:07 AM
Quote from: Mrd0ndada on January 26, 2019, 10:21:46 AM
All entertainers add lip moments in their shows.

Now that's a lie. And I can name several of them who don't. And that's not the point. No one is saying she can't or shouldn't lip. What I'm saying is that she has used it as a crutch for too long. Its gonna eventually affect her confidence and her preparations to do a live show for 2hrs, something she probably hasn't done since the 90s.
she has been doing that on and off with Chicago for the past few years actually
Not consistently singing. She sang a song, came back, did another number, etc. It's not the same as singing for over an 1hr straight.

HUGO

Quote from: yearofbrandy on January 26, 2019, 10:33:55 AM
I knew it wasn?t just her throat. Look at her updated post on IG. I feel like Brandy got pissed at her team and walked out. I?m nervous for this next era because Brandy seem like she is very difficult to work with and then play victim in front of the world. I don?t know anymore.....

That engineer and his wife are gonna tell their side of the story and it?ll most likely be the one with the most truth. Cuz now Stan?s are on his IG attacking him

'ology

And I hope she is reading every post! After over 26 years in entertainment she knows how to properly to handle situations like this. It's like she craves destruction at her own hands!
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

jtwoeleven

Finally caught up with the thread and...it?s just idk...I?m sure like many others here, reading negative things about her hurts them. I have never wanted to see someone win so badly like I do for her, but the antics she pulls are just...you simply cannot justify the unjustifiable.

Brandy can be great and continue to do good things in her career if only she?d get out of her own way. She seems like the biggest obstacle to her own success and it?s so hard to bear witness to.

RAY7

Quote from: SPARK on January 26, 2019, 10:36:41 AM

Now that's a lie. And I can name several of them who don't. And that's not the point. No one is saying she can't or shouldn't lip. What I'm saying is that she has used it as a crutch for too long. Its gonna eventually affect her confidence and her preparations to do a live show for 2hrs, something she probably hasn't done since the 90s.
Not consistently singing. She sang a song, came back, did another number, etc. It's not the same as singing for over an 1hr straight.
it still adds up when it?s back to back shows like 6 days a week for like a month
and even in this show I?m sure there was gonna be intermission and breaks for outfit changes and everything. No one just does 20 songs in a row with no breaks

Kurama

'ology

Quote from: Young on January 25, 2019, 01:01:20 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on January 25, 2019, 12:34:39 PM
She knew

the second she turned those comments off, i had a horrible feeling.

I could VOMIT

is she bi polar on the forreal tip?
Because One of them has to GO
Zzzzfgfdxzzz

Bish

Quote from: lovechild on January 26, 2019, 10:07:22 AM
Quote from: SPARK on January 26, 2019, 10:01:08 AM
U know what, let's just call it what it is. Ever since the Afrodisiac era, Brandy has been lipping to pre-recorded vocals. She has never had a concert or show in OVER 15 YEARS where she has sang FULLY live for an hour or more. That is a part of the problem. When u rely so much on lipping, you lose confidence in what u can do live and that is the case with Brandy. No way in hell was Brandy gonna show up doing a 2hr show with all live vocals. And if that was the plan, thats why her voice gave out cause she's not used to doing that. The Whitney tribute on BET was pre-recorded while everyone including Cissy came out sounding off key and all, but Bran has to be perfect every time and doesn't wanna risk sounding bad. Then the nerves start to kick in especially if things cant go her usual way and she blames the team. Fuck dancers, Frank Gatson and all that shit. All we've ever really wanted from Bran at some point in time is just for her to stand in front of a mic and siiing. And do it LIVE like she used to when she was 15 and 18. A Beyonce I Am Yours kinda concert if u will. If that was the game plan, all this blame game shit wouldnt be going down. Bitch, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!

I honestly never gave much thought about whether she lipped during her shows. I saw her three times during Two Eleven era and I never even considered that she could be lipping. Since that's the case yes I understand her endurance would be an issue but there are ways around it if she had a good stage director and set list (not to mention taking proper care of her voice). You don't have to be belting for 2 damn hours straight. And this is two shows and other artists tour extensively. Vegas acts perform multiple times a day. This is not a good look for her at all and has me looking at her totally differently.

I can?t lie ... I?m a STAN  ! But I had doubts Brandy could sing live for that long . I was worried her voice would start to strain . I know most of her shows are lipped .. I really prayed she was on vocal rest and taking care of her voice in order to kill this performance . Honestly I?m very sad that she canceled . I wasnt even going but I wanted this for her and I wanted to just watch the videos over and over . I think Brandy needs the pre recorded vocals because her voice doesn?t hold up live for too long . So to preserve her voice she lips and does some stuff live

'ology

Quote from: L0NZ Wit Da Braids. on January 25, 2019, 01:01:52 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 25, 2019, 12:58:12 PM
I?m sure there?s a surprise in store for us, maybe she?s gearing up new music to premiere soon 

Hehe woo, Bran so craze

hmmmm maybe. She has been quiet, even amidst this cancellation. she up to something
#divinetiming

FRANCE

Quote from: HUGO on January 26, 2019, 10:36:53 AM
Quote from: yearofbrandy on January 26, 2019, 10:33:55 AM
I knew it wasn?t just her throat. Look at her updated post on IG. I feel like Brandy got pissed at her team and walked out. I?m nervous for this next era because Brandy seem like she is very difficult to work with and then play victim in front of the world. I don?t know anymore.....

That engineer and his wife are gonna tell their side of the story and it?ll most likely be the one with the moth truth. Cuz now Stan?s are on his IG attacking him

And I cant wait.

Of course I still love Brandy and I'll be anticipating the new music, but all that other shit (live shows, etc), don't care. Hopefully, she can just come back on the positive side of this. And that music better be the fuck flawless.

'ology

Quote from: AJ on January 25, 2019, 01:03:07 PM
Quote from: L0NZ Wit Da Braids. on January 25, 2019, 12:30:24 PM
Quote from: dat Blindian boi on January 25, 2019, 12:28:25 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on January 25, 2019, 12:25:39 PM
The only thing saving her here is the fact that the shows were sold out and people can only speculate what it could be. that?s the only thing keeping her from getting clowned on social media

The difference is now her core fans are truly pissed and the ones that are gonna light that ass up

She needs to speak up. Get on that phone gor and start GLIDING those fingers across that keyboard.
lets tell her Monica is ki?id about it
:sobusyjetsetter:

Or tell her this is why Nippy was Mon?s Godmother....

That should do the trick tbh
Zzzdfgfcfx
Y'all tryna have her black out huh?! Ccxxxzzz

Noni

'ology

Quote from: Kalifornia on January 25, 2019, 01:06:14 PM
Quotebradley_no_cooper
Girl you are fucking DONE! I have been waiting on this concert for months. I'm now in DC for 3 days with nothing to do. WASTE OF MY FUCKING TIME!! I hate your ass and I am no longer a fan. It's nothing but disappointment after disappointment with you. I will NEVER support anything attached with your name ever again for as long as I live. FUCK YOU BRANDY

Which one of y'all is this? :dead: :dead: :dead: :omgwatshappening:
Rig is pissed zxxcvccxxxxdddx

FRANCE

Quote from: 12 Nights of Molesting Flopped on January 26, 2019, 10:40:09 AM
Quote from: SPARK on January 26, 2019, 10:36:41 AM

it still adds up when it?s back to back shows like 6 days a week for like a month
and even in this show I?m sure there was gonna be intermission and breaks for outfit changes and everything. No one just does 20 songs in a row with no breaks

Well, that brings up another point. What was her preparation like for the Broadway shows? Sis was working OWT, sucking on those throat mints, speaking softly and weird to protect her voice, she was in a ZONE and prepared for that shit like an ATHLETE. U can tell she took it seriously.

In this case, she half ass'd it. Barely promoted it on her IG until recently and if u ask me, I think she waited far too long to begin preparations for it. It's night and day the preparations made and she has to blame herself for that.