holding on to ur Blackness at work

Started by ….ok., January 14, 2021, 06:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

….ok.

January 14, 2021, 06:30:59 PM Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:39:38 PM by three kings
so obviously we all must play the game of conformity to some degree in order to survive corporate America

Make sure ur speaking "properly", enunciating ur words , being "positive" and bubbly etc.

but I try to make sure I bring some element of who I really am to the workplace . Especially when it comes to interactions with my black coworkers ... and I'm not afraid to do it openly

Calling my male counterparts "king", my female counterparts "sister" or "sis" ... and they embrace it and love it. A couple of them have even started doing it themselves . 🥰🥰

And I'm never shy about talking about the neighborhood I'm from if that type of convo comes up. Southside Jamaica Queens all fucking day.

Right before Christmas , the company organized a carol sing along mess that was held on Zoom. One of my black coworkers had to message me on the side like "watch ur facial expressions!! Ur cracking me up! "

Bitch I was legit sitting there looking like :udontlookok: while the girls sang these boring , drawn owt piano ballad ass Holiday songs . Like when are we gonna speed it up a bit? Dbdbdb I needed some destiny's child or SOMETHING

I totally forgot I was on camera dnndndndnd Nd ndnfnndndndbdbdndnddbbdb :plzstop:

I think that was the first time I really FELT white privilege. Like I know it exists but that was the first time I FELT it. My black ass sitting there not knowing ANY of those songs while Karen and Bill were having the time of their LIVES .ndndndndndndbbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbbdnd

This is a really good episode of TGV that focuses on "being black in corporate America"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AHvQ0DLAFcA

Fine Dining

Okay black gaynther

Youre in atl and like black stuff, woopty doopity damn do.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Well so I just had my review
and they said that I am amazing with helping the team and staying on top off the tasks and giving great customer service 

but that im not sensitive to what other coworkers are dealing with  (yeah because they lazy trifling bitches)
and im a bit negative in group chats

so I just post a shady smile smiley everytime someone has some lazy bullshit they post in that chat

but yeah no one should be feeling anything about black commradre in the work place 
if my nigga pop in imma say wassup bro  what it do lol  and no one is offended

next customer id be happy to help you 

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

….ok.

Quote from: Fine Dining on January 14, 2021, 06:41:32 PM
Okay black gaynther

nfc
C
F
F
D

D
F
F
F
F
F
C
C

Did

D
D
D
D
Do

S

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Okay black gaynther

Well his blackness isnt going away  :dead: :dead: :dead:
he needs to embrace and lean in to it unapologetically
and release the appearance of being percieved a certain way
if atlanta helps then great

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

….ok.

Quote from: Lane Bryant Jumpsuit on January 14, 2021, 06:43:29 PM
Okay black gaynther

Well his blackness isnt going away  :dead: :dead: :dead:
he needs to embrace and lean in to it unapologetically
and release the appearance of being percieved a certain way
if atlanta helps then great
thats pon lew.
Mnnnnbb

CHOKE

….ok.