Is Two Eleven more influential than it's given credit for?

Started by TogetherAgain, January 05, 2020, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TogetherAgain

Iono about you gorls, but when I listen to Two Eleven in 2020, I'm struck by how ahead of its time it is.

I can hear its influence throughout the current landscape of R&B and Hip-Hop - trap, minimalist alternative R&B, and dark pop, to name a few.

Do ya'll hear it too?

:gorlonfire:

Is the album being overlooked on Best of the Decade lists?

Rxxf

The only fucking album we got from Brandy last decade.
SMH.
BRANDY

'ology

Yea I feel that it doesn't get the love it deserves it's a really good cohesive album. But it lacks a certain Brandy aspect about it. 
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Gilgamesh.

Ma Lo

SouravMay

No it was a bunch of leftovers and sub-par productions by PICO...

The promises of a drake collab weren't kept, barely Brandy's Songwriting. No live instrumentation. It was an album of the season I guess with barely a direction.

Slower is iconic though
B7

HUGO

Quote from: Niggahontas on January 05, 2020, 11:12:10 AM
It was Ghan's mixtape alber.

A bunch of hot songs thrown together for a quick microwave tea ...

Nowhere near the creativity of GODfrodisiac and was missing the cohesiveness of Snoreman
!!!!

All Ghana album have a feel. Two Eleven mainly lacks that. It's cute tho

HUGO

Quote from: Rxxf on January 05, 2020, 10:56:37 AM
The only fucking album we got from Brandy last decade.
SMH.
Oh wow
How dark
This is some bullshit

Ma Lo

If the new music ever comes I hope she breaks that 2nd single curse.. with how long she's been gone she needs to drop 15 singles and videos at once tbh 

SouravMay

Wasn't Without You for Alicia and NSATL for Kelly Rowland and then SOB just a frank ocean leak that was covered smh

B7

b7

No

Maybe songs like the Mike Will joint, which he had never done before her but no

I think her next album will be influential in a lot of ways and stand the test of time. She isn't doing songs that were once demos for every other artist and she's writing this time

No guarantee, but i can see the next album being something that people look too. TwoEleven was just a good collection of songs IMO

Nothing wrong with that but i hold brandy to a higher standard and i don't think she held herself to one in that regard at the time.

reekz

Quote from: Niggahontas on January 05, 2020, 11:12:10 AM
It was Ghan's mixtape alber.

A bunch of hot songs thrown together for a quick microwave tea ...

Nowhere near the creativity of GODfrodisiac and was missing the cohesiveness of Snoreman

Yea. When I go back on that album, it just seem dated like Human. Human is just boring now. I can't even get into Piano Man and I freaking loved that song at the time.

HUGO

Quote from: 1RIG on January 05, 2020, 11:18:56 AM

No guarantee, but i can see the next album being something that people look too. TwoEleven was just a good collection of songs IMO

Nothing wrong with that but i hold brandy to a higher standard and i don't think she held herself to one in that regard at the time.

Beautifully stated!!!

Ma Lo

Human  is a good winter album I think

SouravMay

Quote from: Ntwadumela on January 05, 2020, 11:22:28 AM
Human  is a good winter album I think

Yeah Human still gives me ALBUM, it has a cute flow and a proper direction.
B7