Snippet of New Music from Bran

Started by HUGO, December 02, 2018, 08:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika

Vonc, what kind of music do you like from Brandy? Not songs, but what kind.
Yahudah

Vonc2002

December 02, 2018, 10:22:19 PM #76 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:22:34 PM by Vonc2002
Quote from: NIOBE. on December 02, 2018, 10:19:03 PM
With all due respect beloved....what do you LIKE? Why still you around? Something?s keeping you around.
Im not here for Brandy. This is all social at this point.  I dont watch star and there was a time when i would watch anything this bitch stuck her toe in.  Im no longer a stan but I'll always minimally support
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Afrodisiac15

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2018, 10:22:19 PM
With all due respect beloved....what do you LIKE? Why still you around? Something?s keeping you around.
Im not here for Brandy. This is all social at this point.  I dont watch star and there was a time when i would watch anything this bitch stuck her toe in.  Im no longer a stan but I'll always minimally support
So why are you here :butim16robert:

Young

Vonc2002

Quote from: M on December 02, 2018, 10:21:55 PM
Vonc, what kind of music do you like from Brandy? Not songs, but what kind.
I actually like most of everything  shes done except full moon. Her voice is a national treasure but i dont really feel her live now and that's where alot of singers lose me.  I went to see Brandy twice last yr and was like
:rudone:
I just dont feel her anymore like i used to but im sure I'll like some of the new music
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on December 02, 2018, 10:25:22 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2018, 10:22:19 PM
So why are you here :butim16robert:
That's covered in what i said

Vonc2002

Quote from: Young on December 02, 2018, 10:25:28 PM
She?ll make you a Stan again nigga
We'll see baby. I love her voice when she's singing the way she needs to so nothing is impossible

FRANCE

Okay, I'm gonna be honest. Just waaaaayyy too much vocal layering. Bran had a way of doing it tastefully. This is a bit overboard. I kinda wanted her to go more of a Without U, Beggin N Pleadin vocal delivery where she's just singing. She betta not disappoint.

BRockaBaby

Yall are listening thru a cell phone speaker. Cell phones pick up VOCALS more than anything so the layering is going to sound like a lot. Get into the flow, the vibe but so much to say about layering when thay will obviously sound like a lot through a damn phone!!!

If Should I Go was played thru a phone, it would sound like a lot too!

Geesh

jtwoeleven

I don?t know if anyone has addressed this, but I?m guessing she won?t be performing any of her new music for her appearances with the national orchestra in January. They may still be adding finishing touches on the music and the orchestra needs time to rehearse and perfect the arrangements for whatever she?ll sing there.

As a matter of fact, I?d like to know what she?ll sing for that engagement.

Vonc2002

Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 02, 2018, 10:33:47 PM
I don?t know if anyone has addressed this, but I?m guessing she won?t be performing any of her new music for her appearances with the national orchestra in January. They may still be adding finishing touches on the music and the orchestra needs time to rehearse and perfect the arrangements for whatever she?ll sing there.

As a matter of fact, I?d like to know what she?ll sing for that engagement.
I'd like to know this too tbh

FRANCE

Quote from: BRockaBaby on December 02, 2018, 10:32:49 PM
Yall are listening thru a cell phone speaker. Cell phones pick up VOCALS more than anything so the layering is going to sound like a lot. Get into the flow, the vibe but so much to say about layering when thay will obviously sound like a lot through a damn phone!!!

If Should I Go was played thru a phone, it would sound like a lot too!

Geesh

Should I Go is different. Bran was mainly just doing "ha ha's" and creating a flowing melody in the back. This one is literally "One line - vocal layering, next word - a run, vocal stack". It's just a different approach. I'm just judging based on the snippet alone and what she's been doing lately. Even that trap song that she previewed the other day, the vocal stacking was a lot. I trust her though and I'm optimistic the finished product will be dope but I just want songs where she can keep it minimal and just sing, period. We've been...well I've been waiting for an album where Bran just SINGS.