Started by Brandy's Unconditional Ocean, October 14, 2020, 06:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bby ddy

Quote from: Bruce on October 15, 2020, 03:35:40 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on October 15, 2020, 03:30:20 PM
Quote from: Bruce on October 15, 2020, 03:08:24 PM
Did she lip synch the first two songs?
Did Monica?

Monica would never. I love Brandy, but I think its hard to really go up for pre-recorded vocals. I know she's an amazing vocalist, but its hard for me to validate these titles given to her when she will lip synch at the drop of a dime.

When we think about the greatest vocalist of all times, its very rare for them to ever lip synch. Minus Mariah of course, but look where that has gotten her.

I think Brandy is just a perfectionist and stays in her head a lot. Idk. She probably wants that perfect, polished sound, whereas someone like Monica doesn't care and wants to come across as "raw".

I know one thing.... sis sang from that diaphragm LIVE night after night on Broadway without missing a beat. I guess it's different with her own music.

At least she ain't out here lipping to the studio track.

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 15, 2020, 03:44:51 PM
Quote from: Lee on October 15, 2020, 03:39:12 PM
Did Monica?

Monica would never. I love Brandy, but I think its hard to really go up for pre-recorded vocals. I know she's an amazing vocalist, but its hard for me to validate these titles given to her when she will lip synch at the drop of a dime.

When we think about the greatest vocalist of all times, its very rare for them to ever lip synch. Minus Mariah of course, but look where that has gotten her.

It%u2019s still her voice tho so I%u2019m not sure how that invalidates her ability as a vocalist  :plzstop:
We%u2019ve all heard her sing live and she still shits.
Monica sounds awful in the studio and live.
Brandy would never.

Yeah but I think it's really hard to go all the way up and suspend disbelief when the sync is so obviously off. I personally don't mind her lip syncing if the pre-record is on point and she's able to match the cues. Otherwise it looks sloppy and unprofessional. And for borderline of this performance even though the vocal pre-record sounded good her sync was very off. that doesn't bother some people and others it does and I think both are fine.

I could see if we talking about somebody like JLo who has copied and pasted other people's voices to claim as their own, but we're not :dead:
Bran literally sang live in the same exact performance and SMASHED, so I'm not sure why this is even a discussion  :plzstop:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: ptyytyme on October 15, 2020, 03:58:53 PM
Pre-recorded vocals are standard in the industry, especially at big events like award shows. Y'all act so dramatic about it for no reason.

I can't speak for everyone else, I'm just saying do it well. At least try to make it somewhat convincing  :dead:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on October 15, 2020, 04:00:31 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 15, 2020, 03:44:51 PM
Quote from: Lee on October 15, 2020, 03:39:12 PM
Did Monica?

It%u2019s still her voice tho so I%u2019m not sure how that invalidates her ability as a vocalist  :plzstop:
We%u2019ve all heard her sing live and she still shits.
Monica sounds awful in the studio and live.
Brandy would never.

Yeah but I think it's really hard to go all the way up and suspend disbelief when the sync is so obviously off. I personally don't mind her lip syncing if the pre-record is on point and she's able to match the cues. Otherwise it looks sloppy and unprofessional. And for borderline of this performance even though the vocal pre-record sounded good her sync was very off. that doesn't bother some people and others it does and I think both are fine.

I could see if we talking about somebody like JLo who has copied and pasted other people's voices to claim as their own, but we're not :dead:
Bran literally sang live in the same exact performance and SMASHED, so I'm not sure why this is even a discussion  :plzstop:

Vonc2002

Did Monica?

You sound stupid asf. Whitney's anthem is regarded as the best ever, that's pre recorded.  Beyonce pre records ALL the time.  Celine pre records.  The lists goes on and on.  Don't nobody give af about a Monica pre record (tho she has too) because whether that voice is live or pre recorded tha result is the same,  basic,  sub par vocals.  Imagine going up for a bitch because she sings terribly live all the time as if that's some reason to applaud  :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Le Champ

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 15, 2020, 04:35:37 PM
Did Monica?

You sound stupid asf. Whitney's anthem is regarded as the best ever, that's pre recorded.  Beyonce pre records ALL the time.  Celine pre records.  The lists goes on and on.  Don't nobody give af about a Monica pre record (tho she has too) because whether that voice is live or pre recorded tha result is the same,  basic,  sub par vocals.  Imagine going up for a bitch because she sings terribly live all the time as if that's some reason to applaud  :dead:
shfhdhjdjfjf

Monica would never!

We are well fckn AWARE
:omf:

Vonc2002

And not that it makes a difference or not but it looks like summa no tomorrow was live too. It makes perfect sense why she would want to pre record borderline.  The head jerks,  drops to the floor, getting back up,  etc.  All of that would effect the quality of the vocal.  This was a performance and not just her standing there singing.  Had she not pre recorded I would've had an issue with that because I'm looking for a great performance in its entirety
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Young

Vonc2002

Quote from: Lee on October 15, 2020, 04:38:54 PM
Did Monica?

shfhdhjdjfjf

Monica would never!

We are well fckn AWARE
:omf:
Like  :dead:
Fuck you AND that chitlin circuit ass bitch

Vonc2002

Quote from: Young on October 15, 2020, 04:43:00 PM
Why is Mon being mentioned in here

n

Yawl never fail
You're gonna deal or you'll be handled in here as well :trannyjblige:

Ma Lo

Did Monica?

:dead:

Young

Anyway ; I can't stop watching the performance

She really SNAPPED

And who cares if she lipped in the beginning  :dead:
It was a brand new vocal; and it was sickening   :dead:

Not only that but she was having spasms ; throwing herself onto the ground having fits and everything else. ddddd
She wasn't sitting on a stool lipping along to the original recording—gimme a break  :dead:

And she lets yawl know what tf was What with that ending .

She did phenomenal ; period.

Between her and En Vogue; the Legends showed tf out.

Ma Lo

If I had one word for this performance it would be...clean

Bigmacthawoppa

Though this commitment to the mental institution/straight jacket/crazy gorl! aesthetic is ignorant and corny af and I blame Frank GAYson.

:hmph: