It’s so sad when you realize those u grew up looking up to aren’t invincible

Started by Kaeli., August 30, 2019, 11:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowgirl

🦚

TG there was no social media in the 90s.

All the little mess we git was from wendy, miss jones n page 6
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

ton

Quote from: g u i d a n c e on August 31, 2019, 11:08:58 AM
I def remember the first moment I realized my grandmother wasn't perfect, and that she was human and could actually do wrong.

I was only about 15 or 16, but it was the way she handled one situation (not with me, but with someone else in our extended family) made me question her for the very first time.

Like, wait. That's not right....I don't agree with that. That's WRONG, and not nice.

There'd be a few more of those moments following that one instance because my grandmother, like myself, can be very moody and catty - especially if she feels someone is crossing her (she's a Cancer like me).

But in that very first instance, it definitely hits you. Like wow. She's not perfect. It almost hurts you to realize that. But ultimately you realize that was the point in your life when you realized they are human just like you.
!!

My granny is the sweetest person in the world

Then I found out she used to beat my mom/aunt's/uncles ASSESS when they messed up

I was like... Granny?  :plzstop: impossible! She cries when I leave her house to fly back home

She's the same woman who made me 2 cakes for my birthday because she didn't know if I liked chocolate or vanilla

Edge gorl

I'm glad I knew my fam was very mortal nd very much trash atta young age

Skipped all tht idolzation bs
I onl' look up to me

Rxxf

In the Caribbean culture, you learn REAL QUICK.
:dead:

I didn't have that idolizing phase.
BRANDY

🦚

I thought this thread was about celebs  :plzstop:

Yeah I've never looked up to or idolized family.

I only idolize my (great) grand mothers on both sides being entrepreneurs at time when its probably hard AF for women. 
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Kaeli.

Quote from: Ton on August 31, 2019, 12:25:48 PM
Quote from: g u i d a n c e on August 31, 2019, 11:08:58 AM
I def remember the first moment I realized my grandmother wasn't perfect, and that she was human and could actually do wrong.

I was only about 15 or 16, but it was the way she handled one situation (not with me, but with someone else in our extended family) made me question her for the very first time.

Like, wait. That's not right....I don't agree with that. That's WRONG, and not nice.

There'd be a few more of those moments following that one instance because my grandmother, like myself, can be very moody and catty - especially if she feels someone is crossing her (she's a Cancer like me).

But in that very first instance, it definitely hits you. Like wow. She's not perfect. It almost hurts you to realize that. But ultimately you realize that was the point in your life when you realized they are human just like you.
!!

My granny is the sweetest person in the world

Then I found out she used to beat my mom/aunt's/uncles ASSESS when they messed up

I was like... Granny?  :plzstop: impossible! She cries when I leave her house to fly back home

She's the same woman who made me 2 cakes for my birthday because she didn't know if I liked chocolate or vanilla
I'm sorry but LK:DSFJ*(PJIDSJKKL:FHUOESLKDSMJFKLJDSIOFJDSK:FMDSIJFLDKMFDSLJHF&U(

Kaeli.

This was about me knowing my Grandma was gonna die soon btw guys 

djS:JFLKJ Djf

but um... sry for ur relatives messing :omgwatshappening: 

Sinpool

Quote from: She Is Coming. on September 10, 2019, 09:31:02 PM
This was about me knowing my Grandma was gonna die soon btw guys

djS:JFLKJ Djf

but um... sry for ur relatives messing :omgwatshappening:

Awww bby. Lemme hug u

my grandma died in 2004.

Still miss her.

fuck u btw.

Ma Lo

Okay I'm watching IT 2 and just clicked on this thread and it's freaking me out.