August Greene - Tiny Desk Concert Feat Brandy (Optimistic Performance)

Started by Camo, February 21, 2018, 01:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS

b7

Yea that doesn?t make sense but i get what they mean. ?Gaining for? and Embracing it are two different things

The former is ridiculous lol

Camo

Quote from: Harlem on February 21, 2018, 05:02:50 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on February 21, 2018, 04:50:15 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on February 21, 2018, 04:11:51 PM
That wasn?t good. I?m glad she did it, but i knew that intimate setting would be a little too different for her sssss

I hope she does it again and redeems herself

if you're saying it's bad it must be terrible ..lol

I honestly didn't have a problem with her vocals or the performance, but moreso her look. If you gain weight you need to wear clothes that are more flattering ...especially if everybody and they mama will be staring at you and all over the world in the video. She looks a little sloppy. I hope she pulls it together cuz this isn't her. I'm going back to my original theory. Brandy is gaining weight in an effort to "connect more spiritually and physically" with Syrai.. since she's also overweight.. Bran would totally do some crazy shit like that.

!!!!

You know I thought about it once that Bran gained weight to help Sy?rai with her insecurities... but I was like nahhh that?s a reach b/c the smart thing to do is to help your child make better healthier choices and keep them active

I thought this too. I don't wanna get too much into her weight but I think she's dealing with depression and on meds for it. Not sure how these other people on here can say, "wooo love the head space she's in" "she looks sooo happy" when she's clearly off from any Brandy we have ever seen before.

HUGO

b7

Quote from: Camo on February 21, 2018, 05:56:40 PM
Quote from: Harlem on February 21, 2018, 05:02:50 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on February 21, 2018, 04:50:15 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on February 21, 2018, 04:11:51 PM
That wasn?t good. I?m glad she did it, but i knew that intimate setting would be a little too different for her sssss

I hope she does it again and redeems herself

if you're saying it's bad it must be terrible ..lol

I honestly didn't have a problem with her vocals or the performance, but moreso her look. If you gain weight you need to wear clothes that are more flattering ...especially if everybody and they mama will be staring at you and all over the world in the video. She looks a little sloppy. I hope she pulls it together cuz this isn't her. I'm going back to my original theory. Brandy is gaining weight in an effort to "connect more spiritually and physically" with Syrai.. since she's also overweight.. Bran would totally do some crazy shit like that.

!!!!

You know I thought about it once that Bran gained weight to help Sy?rai with her insecurities... but I was like nahhh that?s a reach b/c the smart thing to do is to help your child make better healthier choices and keep them active

I thought this too. I don't wanna get too much into her weight but I think she's dealing with depression and on meds for it. Not sure how these other people on here can say, "wooo love the head space she's in" "she looks sooo happy" when she's clearly off from any Brandy we have ever seen before.
this isn?t true at all. She was very chill and peacueful during the FM era, AFRO, Human ...

If you just want her to be loud and super chipper and bone thin, then say that lol but don?t comment on what other people are saying as if that?s wrong or poor judgement or something. Who tf are you?

Rxxf

Bran is so beautiful.
I think the setting was too imitate for her.
SIS is used to stage-like settings, lol.

Her spirit seems so pure now. So child-like.
Love her.
BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

Palladium

Not gaining weight to connect to Syrai.....I mean she came out of her puss'!

How much more connection do you need?

:ummwhat:

Palladium

And I enjoyed the performance. She sounded and looked good imo. Yea she could have wore something more loose fitting but it wasn't like she was just a sloppy mess busting at the seams.

She looked and did fine.

brocka4life

Her voice sounds worn.

She seems to be in good spirits. Glad to see her trying something new.

Young

.betterwiseup

She looked beautiful too. Y'all doing too much criticizing her weight. Bran is happy and her spirt is positive. That's all that matters.

jtwoeleven

Not my fave vocal from her but it's still charming for her. Brandy vocals are usually very polished and very rehearsed, so it's interesting to hear her this raw.