August Greene - Tiny Desk Concert Feat Brandy (Optimistic Performance)

Started by Camo, February 21, 2018, 01:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandyFromTheFuture

February 21, 2018, 08:04:42 PM #60 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:07:00 PM by BrandySavedMyLife
Beautiful. Just an absolutely beautiful performance by Brandy and everyone else. I think she was very nervous but she doesn't have to be, she's incredible.

Guys, this is why I love BRANDY! This performance made me forget about all the wait & all, all she has to do is stand there and sing. It probably also helps that this was a proper live performance with real instruments behind her. More of this please for her new era!

Also this song has potential, I want them to perform this on one of the late night shows.

lovechild

It was a bit amateurish . 2012 Brandy would?ve ate this performance . It felt like it was the first performance and no rehearsal . But yeah I think between the breakups , the law suits , sis has never carried this much weight and we can only speculate what?s really going on . It looks like she just put on something casual in her closet . Wasn?t a terrible performance but it was just missing that special thing that she usually delivers . Even during common free styling she is yelling yaaaaas in the background instead of being in performance mode . TBH I think she is a bit too relaxed and I think this is Brandy without the force of a label behind her . She?s an icon !! She should slay any setting

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: HUGO on February 21, 2018, 02:10:12 PM
Quote from: AJ on February 21, 2018, 01:40:50 PM

bran looks kinda chunky..

Idk I think Queen may have a health issue she?s dealing with which she doesn?t have to share...Could be thyroid

Could be. That's why honestly people need to STOP bashing her for her weight. I'm happy if she's taking care of herself and healthy, no matter what weight she is rocking. She will always be beautiful.

b7

Quote from: ???? on February 21, 2018, 06:30:42 PM
No shade, but no one knows who is the real Brandy. @Camo
:dead:
like ... 

If SOME of us like what we think we?re seeing, i don?t see the issue. If Camo has a personal relationship with her, then i still won?t apologize for what i said lol but I?d at least understand where he or she is coming from. Move around.

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: 1RIG on February 21, 2018, 04:11:51 PM
That wasn?t good. I?m glad she did it, but i knew that intimate setting would be a little too different for her sssss

I hope she does it again and redeems herself

What are you talking about? It was good, just the climax was a bit off.

Then again, people have different opinions.

b7

And whatever the case, it wasnt her best or even close to it. We know she can sing live as she did it for months and months on broadway and otherwise, so it?s not some big deal. make up for it the next time

I?d love to see more intimate things like this soon. I?d always wanted her to those Rap-up videos on YouTube when it was a thing

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on February 21, 2018, 04:50:15 PM
That wasn?t good. I?m glad she did it, but i knew that intimate setting would be a little too different for her sssss

if you're saying it's bad it must be terrible ..lol

I honestly didn't have a problem with her vocals or the performance, but moreso her look. If you gain weight you need to wear clothes that are more flattering ...especially if everybody and they mama will be staring at you and all over the world in the video. She looks a little sloppy. I hope she pulls it together cuz this isn't her. I'm going back to my original theory. Brandy is gaining weight in an effort to "connect more spiritually and physically" with Syrai.. since she's also overweight.. Bran would totally do some crazy shit like that.

lol what the actual fuck

Harlem

Quote from: 1RIG on February 21, 2018, 08:11:57 PM
And whatever the case, it wasnt her best or even close to it. We know she can sing live as she did it for months and months on broadway and otherwise, so it?s not some big deal. make up for it the next time

I?d love to see more intimate things like this soon. I?d always wanted her to those Rap-up videos on YouTube when it was a thing

!!!!!

I just love how Zen u are when it comes to Brandy while being realistic, sometimes I just wanna shake Queen and b like wake up! Ur BRANDY, a muhfuckin LEGEND!
:stressed:

BrandyFromTheFuture

The good thing about those is that she can also do a few takes, if she's nervous in the beginning. I'd love a more acoustic Brandy tbh. And I'm not saying she should pull a Kehlani, but just some stripped back stuff for a handful of performances.

b7

Quote from: Harlem on February 21, 2018, 08:14:48 PM

!!!!!

I just love how Zen u are when it comes to Brandy while being realistic, sometimes I just wanna shake Queen and b like wake up! Ur BRANDY, a muhfuckin LEGEND!
:stressed:
thank you! I wanna do the same thing more often than not :dead: i?ve Just realized that she?s a very ..  very unique individual sdddd and that?s ok. I wouldn?t dare try and figure her out. Not anymore

I don?t doubt her fire, though. I think she will want to do this again and really rehearse it like crazy just to put any questions to bed but I could be wrong

Sovereign.

I permit Bran grace with this one. I just hope we get a ?gag? in 2018 from Bran. Like...an actual gag. This consistent mediocrity from 2016-2018 has me weary chile :uhh:

Sovereign.

The most exciting thing she?s done has been that Sch?n shoot. Dassit.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: brocka4life on February 21, 2018, 07:08:57 PM
Her voice sounds worn.

She seems to be in good spirits. Glad to see her trying something new.

hopefully its cause she was in the studio

Camo

Quote from: 1RIG on February 21, 2018, 06:27:36 PM
Quote from: Camo on February 21, 2018, 05:56:40 PM
Quote from: Harlem on February 21, 2018, 05:02:50 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on February 21, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

if you're saying it's bad it must be terrible ..lol

I honestly didn't have a problem with her vocals or the performance, but moreso her look. If you gain weight you need to wear clothes that are more flattering ...especially if everybody and they mama will be staring at you and all over the world in the video. She looks a little sloppy. I hope she pulls it together cuz this isn't her. I'm going back to my original theory. Brandy is gaining weight in an effort to "connect more spiritually and physically" with Syrai.. since she's also overweight.. Bran would totally do some crazy shit like that.

!!!!

You know I thought about it once that Bran gained weight to help Sy?rai with her insecurities... but I was like nahhh that?s a reach b/c the smart thing to do is to help your child make better healthier choices and keep them active

I thought this too. I don't wanna get too much into her weight but I think she's dealing with depression and on meds for it. Not sure how these other people on here can say, "wooo love the head space she's in" "she looks sooo happy" when she's clearly off from any Brandy we have ever seen before.
this isn?t true at all. She was very chill and peacueful during the FM era, AFRO, Human ...

If you just want her to be loud and super chipper and bone thin, then say that lol but don?t comment on what other people are saying as if that?s wrong or poor judgement or something. Who tf are you?

You took that wrong but cool go in lol. Just my opinion. I want what's best for her. Dont know her personally so it's not like I stated a fact, just another fan. Respect your response though.