I’m Done Criticizing Brandy’s Process

Started by Aalumeci., October 17, 2019, 09:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalumeci.

October 17, 2019, 09:27:44 AM Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 09:28:14 AM by L0NZ.
Because something really broke Brandy. Shes on a journey to find something emotionally. And mentally I don't think she's "here." I think the covers and few songs that she's released in the past years were to help her heal her, not please us. Of course we can't pinpoint it or know details but maybe a series of things just kinda sat on her too heavy. Brandy was a child star and has been through the Hollywood ringer. We see how White child stars get. The Olsens, Lindsay, Britney. We should be glad Brandy hasn't really gone off a deep end. I'm kinda done playfully dragging her about "when this" and "why that." All these acting gigs between albums that we can either look at as her utilizing her talents...or trying to become someone other than herself. She barely got thru the Human era and we know what that album was for her. An apology, an attempt at redemption. It was half assed era wise, and Two Eleven was no better. In the promo shoots she was playing tennis, hanging from ropes, and holding a gun to her own head. Something wasn't and isn't right and at this point it's beyond "gurl just get your ass in the studio and release! what's the hold up!?" She was perfect in the 90s and perfect in the studio but inside she may have been a wreck the whole time.

That performance she had with the newspapers that said "Brandy is free!" or something like that... she thought. She's still battling something. It's beyond.

Gilgamesh.

QuoteAnd mentally I don't think she's "here."

That one radio interview she did for Love Again a lot of people were saying she seems like she's in a better place and i remember saying I don't think so at all. Her energy just feels different now, even in her "good" moments she seems very stuck in her head.

And I genuinely think she scared to release the single so I've stopped expecting the album at this point.

how u let him cheat

no shade, but y'all do too much

she coming bby
then take him back? must be yo only nigga.

Le Champ

I agree. Mentally, she doesn't seem healthy at all. Right now she seems to be in this space of trying to be deep but you can tell she's lost. I'm praying that she gets the help she needs. 

Zankou.

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on October 17, 2019, 09:41:49 AM
QuoteAnd mentally I don't think she's "here."

That one radio interview she did for Love Again a lot of people were saying she seems like she's in a better place and i remember saying I don't think so at all. Her energy just feels different now, even in her "good" moments she seems very stuck in her head.

And I genuinely think she scared to release the single so I've stopped expecting the album at this point.

I've gotten this as well

Aalumeci.

Annie

October 17, 2019, 09:47:13 AM #6 Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 09:48:09 AM by Annie
Yes you are right we don't know what is going on and  maybe I'm too hard on her sometimes..it is easy to forget she's "only Human" and we don't even know what she is battling in her personal life.. albums like NSN, Full Moon and Afro are timeless, she already created masterpieces we can enjoy. She also did amazing things like Chicago which must be super difficult (eating, working out, gettin up early everyday, rehearse and perform) , acting jobs and DWTS. I could imagine losing Whitney and now Lashawn is very traumatic. She should just take her time to heal, be a mother and just relax.

/.\

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: 22 ophelias on October 17, 2019, 09:42:41 AM

she coming bby

No shade hun, but we've been doing this dance with ole girl for years, it may seem fresh for you cause you joined fairly recently.

We love Brandy, but she's clearly not in the same space she was - and I don't think where she is now is altogether "better" as she would have us believe.

And as far music is concerned, I've gone back to "it drops, when it drops"

Bruce

Life is hard, life is stressful, and the older I get I realize so many adults have such unhealthy ways of dealing with life. I've always noticed that Brandy comes at times with these sudden burst of confidence, displayed on her social media. When I see that I always feel that she is trying to convince herself, because at other times she has publicly displayed insecurities. Whatever it is, I hope she is taking care of herself first. Shes worked so hard and have achieved so much, now she need to enjoy it.

how u let him cheat

Quote from: L0NZ. on October 17, 2019, 09:46:58 AM

she coming bby

What about that is too much?

well, again no shade bby, but i just think the overanalyzation of every little thing is not only too much, but also not good for ya.

i don't think sis has given any dates, so everybody should just chill, playfully lash if u want, and keep themselves musically occupied until quee drops.

let's start here

I love Brandy so much! I just want her to be happy.
^

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on October 17, 2019, 09:50:37 AM

she coming bby

No shade hun, but we've been doing this dance with ole girl for years

That's exactly it. And I'm just proclaiming that I'm finally at the place where I realize it's not just a "she's irresponsible" "she's playing with us" etc.... and that there may some real mental health things going on. And that helps me empathize and not become frustrated that she isn't delivering. I think it would help all of you.

how u let him cheat

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on October 17, 2019, 09:50:37 AM

she coming bby

No shade hun, but we've been doing this dance with ole girl for years, it may seem fresh for you cause you joined fairly recently.

We love Brandy, but she's clearly not in the same space she was - and I don't think where she is now is altogether "better" as she would have us believe.

And as far music is concerned, I've gone back to "it drops, when it drops"

oh, no i get it. i been on a few other forums with  brandy gors. i can see y'all frustration. i'm just saying the overanalyzing over everything is just too much.