Anderson .Paak - Ventura has leaked - Jet Black feat. Brandy out now..

Started by long-timeTheRoofFan, April 11, 2019, 10:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

b7

all the features are barely present   :dead: 

haven't heard jet black yet

b7

Quote from: ShujiVengers Assemble on April 11, 2019, 10:39:46 AM
Wish Brandy was featured more, but I actually LOVE this song!!!! Love her vocals on it.

the mixing is weird but this is nice

she's killin

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Temper on April 11, 2019, 05:20:03 PM
I really like this

!

Brandy's features fall into two catergories for me a) completely beneath her or b) really good with not nearly enough Brandy :uhm:

To be fair though, Anderson seems very hands on in his creative process so he may have instructed her to hold back a bit.

b7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 11, 2019, 06:05:22 PM
Quote from: Temper on April 11, 2019, 05:20:03 PM
I really like this

!

Brandy's features fall into two catergories for me a) completely beneath her or b) really good with not nearly enough Brandy :uhm:

To be fair though, Anderson seems very hands on in his creative process so he may have instructed her to hold back a bit.
!!! I'm listening to the Lalah feature now and I'm disappointed

It seems intentional on his part but i like Brans

b7

Quote from: COIS on April 11, 2019, 05:29:57 PM
Is it just me or is Brandy's backgrounds not as smooth and seamless as it used to be? I like the song tho. Just wished the enunciation on the chorus was better. Can barely make out what she is saying.
i think it depends on the song and how it's mixed

I know even songs like "So sick", the vocal stacks are imperfect but i think that was intentional

lovechild

jtwoeleven

Is she on all the backgrounds because there are some parts that sound Uber youthful, very young...

Ulysses

I'm just picturing the video.

branny In her "Wildest dreams" hair and makeup. Giving an effortless bop in a slow motion shot. I can't handle  :gorlonfire:

b7

This faster vibrato is giving me Human era tho and that makes me so happy

That has always been my FAVORITE vibrato out of the many she can do

I almost wasn't gonna listen...she sounds really good and hearing her on this type of production is a bit refreshing. Kinda reminds me of N 2 Da Music.
^

Harlem

Oh I love this odeee! This shit is def a feel good vibe, that is radio or lounge friendly. I appreciate what she did on the song, she's been sanging so much recently that I appreciate this '04 coo/ad libs.