DO YOU CONSIDER BRANDY TO BE A POWERHOUSE VOCALIST?

Started by THE_FIRST_LADY, April 10, 2019, 09:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

She can be. She doesn't rely on it to make her point.
^

Cade

You guy's I'm a Brandy fan but she's never like LASHED me vocally. Someone post something where she LASHED you  

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Cade on April 11, 2019, 01:20:24 AM
You guy's I'm a Brandy fan but she's never like LASHED me vocally. Someone post something where she LASHED you 

Are you okay? 😐

Gilgamesh.

GLOCK

Quote from: Harlem on April 10, 2019, 11:35:19 PM
Quote from: Glock on April 10, 2019, 10:05:38 PM
Brandy is a lot of things.
she has powerhouse moments... and she encompasses the abilities but she loses the essence of her tone and the things that people appreciate about her voice while doing so.

brandy does powerhouse moments for fun tbh..
shes more of a technical, tone, colored vocalist.. she has several dimensions to her vocals..

Her audience doesn't expect.. nor look for big voice moments from her.
They look for styling, approach, tone and creativity

ALL OF FUCKING THIS!!!! PREACH GLOCK!
ack-a!

Sorta can't be argued either

CREAM.

Quote from: Cade on April 11, 2019, 01:20:24 AM
she's not a showy type of singer. And her voice isn't all that big or heavy. She has lashed before though.

FRANCE

She lashed me the very first time I listened to Beggin N Pleadin. And the ballads on Full Moon as well. She's not a powerhouse vocal tho. But that doesnt mean anything. J Hud is probably considered one and she's trash.

jtwoeleven

She is a bit of a showy singer with the fluttery quality of her tone, and how she executes runs. Unless we're defining powerhouse as a "loud, booming" voice then no. She has "powerhouse" moments, but you don't need a powerful voice to sing with power, if that makes sense.

Brandy's voice is a bonafide woodwind instrument. There's such a gusty texture to it.

🦚

At the end of the day

Technique and an ear for harmonies >>> being able to scream the loudest.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

jtwoeleven

April 11, 2019, 02:30:18 AM #69 Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:31:17 AM by jtwoeleven
The mere fact that all the qualities of her voice can be discussed and deconstructed for several pages reaffirms why she is so revered as a vocalist. There are so many dimensions to her voice. I know this is a fan forum for her, but even outside this space, people who usually "get" her niche can talk about her voice in great detail, while others' favorites can be summed up in a few words or sentences.

I used to be the kind of fan who felt compelled to check anyone who denied her abilities but it's not worth the trouble. Anyone who even remotely admired her gift have a unique pair of ears anyways...

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

April 11, 2019, 02:55:57 AM #70 Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:56:17 AM by Lew Scherzinger Norwood
The problem is ppul associate powerhouse with good singer

But brandys ability to do it all is mastery of voice

Not reliant on just power or just note holds or just beliting or big vocal moments

But incorporating it all with style and grace

Mariah was special in this regard to she prefered soft  light coos but blended   full voice and powerhouse really well

This is why ppul cant grasp how skilled brandy is because they dont hear full voiced big vocals they are just limited

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

African Queen

April 11, 2019, 05:13:58 AM #71 Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:16:48 AM by Rebirth
Brandy is BEYOND a powerhouse singer. She is UNIQUE. :stressed:

Young

Young

Quote from: BINZ. on April 10, 2019, 09:58:00 PM
Why is Mya up there?

C
C
Cc
C
C

But then asking about Bran

Wtf went on in this thread