So Bran re-recorded Baby (did bran lie?) continue discussion/bitching here

Started by RAY7, February 05, 2019, 07:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on February 06, 2019, 05:46:05 AM
Quote from: Angel In Disguise on February 05, 2019, 09:54:49 PM
Really hope this story stays buried. I don't want to see this on any blogs. It's embarrassing.

Quote'Despite having done Broadway and having been a recording artist since she was a pre-teen, Brandy apparently voice tracks her concerts - meaning 95 percent of what she performs on stage is pre-recorded vocals that she lip-syncs to.

That's the line that broke my heart. I don't care if "lots of people do it", enough people doubt Brandy (especially in my family) that if that info got out, I would be humiliated. I have gone so hard for her. This information needs to stay right here.

Even though I knew this to be true, seeing it written out really hurt my heart. Ugh I love this woman, and I hope the general public doesn?t get wind of this.

I just want to play devils advocate a bit. How would who ever wrote this (assuming they are Kennedy Center staff) know how much Brandy lips overall. How can they truely say 95% of her concerts in general are lipped? They don?t have that type of history with her. I saw her live and out of a 45 minute set she lipped one part of one song.

To me this write up is coming from someone who is upset, and rightfully so being that she insulted the musicality of some of the folks that worked there.

95 percent is a lot! I just find it hard to believe in a 20 year career (where literally the worlds greatest vocalists and new ones sign off on her ability) to think only 5% has been authentic. Industry sangers would never co-sign her vocals if that was true cause they know better.

Angel In Disguise

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on February 06, 2019, 08:04:41 AM
Really hope this story stays buried. I don't want to see this on any blogs. It's embarrassing.

Quote'Despite having done Broadway and having been a recording artist since she was a pre-teen, Brandy apparently voice tracks her concerts - meaning 95 percent of what she performs on stage is pre-recorded vocals that she lip-syncs to.

That's the line that broke my heart. I don't care if "lots of people do it", enough people doubt Brandy (especially in my family) that if that info got out, I would be humiliated. I have gone so hard for her. This information needs to stay right here.

Even though I knew this to be true, seeing it written out really hurt my heart. Ugh I love this woman, and I hope the general public doesn?t get wind of this.

I just want to play devils advocate a bit. How would who ever wrote this (assuming they are Kennedy Center staff) know how much Brandy lips overall. How can they truely say 95% of her concerts in general are lipped? They don?t have that type of history with her. I saw her live and out of a 45 minute set she lipped one part of one song.

To me this write up is coming from someone who is upset, and rightfully so being that she insulted the musicality of some of the folks that worked there.

95 percent is a lot! I just find it hard to believe in a 20 year career (where literally the worlds greatest vocalists and new ones sign off on her ability) to think only 5% has been authentic. Industry sangers would never co-sign her vocals if that was true cause they know better.

I am honestly baffled by it. I have seen so many videos of her live performances. She always changes songs up a little bit. How would she remember every different run? Is this not live? I have never heard her sing ?she broke your heart? like this anywhere else

I don?t know what to believe.

lovechild

Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on February 05, 2019, 10:01:41 PM
Quote from: lovechild on February 05, 2019, 08:41:33 PM
The reality is Brandy isn?t comfortable singing live . Brandy?s pre records shit on her live vocals . She lowers the key and is very intimidated by her studio vocals . Brandy was never going to sing for 2 hours live . Even that Whitney clip y?all posted can?t compare to the lipped version she does on stage . She is like Lauryn hill , a prisoner of her own genius and acclaim and I think Brandy knows she can?t truly top what full moon did or afrodisiac did . All the snippets have been OK at best . She gets in the way of her own self and Chyl I?m tired of checking her page everyday hoping for new music . It?s truly sad because there will never be another Brandy
and i thought Yew were the enlightened one

I see past ur insense burning and arugula eating

Ur kinda basic and 3rd dimmensional  sis

Lol let?s not insult each other sir . Simply my opinion . I never said Brandy couldn?t sing live . Brandy has said so herself that she is scared to sing certain songs live , complains that the key is too high , and she even down plays her own title as if she isn?t sure why she has it . I wouldn?t be on this board for god knows how long if I didn?t believe In Brandy?s gift . I simply believe like others have mentioned Brandy is a perfectionist and the studio is where she gets to perfect the moment .

I think Brandy has had vocal issues for quite some time and she has even briefly mentioned her voice being ?back? in certain interviews . No hate , all love . I saw photos of you Lew in DC , glad you still had a good time and can see the light in this situation

lovechild

I was in my feelings and will admit maybe I went too far in my statement about her not being comfortable. I think with proper rest Brandy is a beast on stage . I think she goes hoarse easily and wants to give a great show so she uses tracks to give that studio vocal feel. I meant I don?t believe she is comfortable singing 100% live for 2 hours straight .

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: lovechild on February 06, 2019, 08:38:30 AM
I think she goes hoarse easily and wants to give a great show so she uses tracks to give that studio vocal feel.

This I agree w/ 100 percent.

Brandy is a vocal beast but it took me time to realize her voice is fragile. N the way she sings and using tracks is all about the preservation of her voice. Brandy knows her voice. If she sung the way people wanted her to live all the time she?d be in the same boat as Alicia Keys.

Angel In Disguise

Ok... I take that back. She does sing ?she broke your heart? the exact same way here.

I guess I just never paid close attention.

AfroJisiac

Quote from: Angel In Disguise on February 06, 2019, 08:32:20 AM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on February 06, 2019, 08:04:41 AM

I am honestly baffled by it. I have seen so many videos of her live performances. She always changes songs up a little bit. How would she remember every different run? Is this not live? I have never heard her sing ?she broke your heart? like this anywhere else

I don?t know what to believe.

I truly believe Bran can kill it live anytime and anywhere she wants. i also believe that even if they are lots of part that she lip-sync some other parts are live.

but it's a lil sad that she does so much lippin (scared/voice protection purpose) and can't deliver a couple of album in 7 years outta that protected voice... cause ch...that's a lotta protecting dfghjkl

AfroJisiac

Quote from: Angel In Disguise on February 06, 2019, 08:59:04 AM
Ok... I take that back. She does sing ?she broke your heart? the exact same way here.

I guess I just never paid close attention.

even the Afrodisiac etc are lip!
these are the exact same vocals in both videos

Admin

Kalifornia.

It's not like she tours extensively or does tons of live shows.
So I'm not really buying the lipping to protect her voice thing.

FRANCE

Quote from: Kalifornia on February 06, 2019, 03:27:14 PM

!!!!

I dont have a problem with her lipping though, but because she has been doing it non stop since 2004, it does make me question her ability to really execute and pull it off now. And obviously, she may not believe she can do it either.

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Kalifornia on February 06, 2019, 03:27:14 PM

Just cause someone isn?t on tour (usually when people lip the most, just ask Beyonc?) doesn?t mean they aren?t singing excessively. Y?all act like she just been twitling her thumbs since 2/11. She sings excessively! Y?all really need to stop with this Brandy can?t really sing shit cause it?s a reach!

GYNandTONIC