Brandy - Freedom Rings (Out Now!) [#1 R&B/Top 40 iTunes]

Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hewritez

Quote from: Troye Stormborn on September 25, 2019, 08:08:41 PM
Quote from: hewritez on September 25, 2019, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: Ulysses on September 25, 2019, 07:39:17 PM
Who doesn't want for an artist they love to release HONEST, heartfelt music??? Y'all don't make sense. If y'all wanna drop your bussies down, Stan for another artist. I'd rather her deliver music SHE loves and feels because NOTHING translates better than that. Y'all are ruining the fucking excitement. Debbie fucking downers...

i don't know if anyone else feels this way, but sometimes it comes off as if she loves something in the moment,  gasses it up, only to realize later that she didn't actually care for it. and the result is putting out music that isn't really...her. i totally support her right to express herself in whatever way she wants, but i think her choices of what gets released are often heavily influenced by sudden whims. if that makes sense. either way, the music is here and i'm looking forward to it.

well i agree with this. she makes last min changes alot. from what everyone is saying this wasnt the single to begin with as i said it reminds me of her making wildest dreams the 2nd single cause of her love for ryan

!! i didn't like that song  :dead:
well, as a single.

KippDaddy

Quote from: Nine. on September 25, 2019, 08:08:27 PM
So was that backwoods Mississippi beat for this song or another one?

The ig video is tthe instrumental

Opposites Attract.

n

nobody is going to buy a Brandy album. Let's get fucking real here. I'd rather her release the type of music she wants, music that resonates within her and get that critical acclaim and make a lot of best albums lists rather than chase trends and go unnoticed like the last album. Like this isn't 2004. No one cares. She's independent radio isn't even an option. Let her do what makes her happy. I promise you it will workout better in the long run for her. 

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: hewritez on September 25, 2019, 08:10:48 PM
Quote from: Troye Stormborn on September 25, 2019, 08:08:41 PM
Quote from: hewritez on September 25, 2019, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: Ulysses on September 25, 2019, 07:39:17 PM
Who doesn't want for an artist they love to release HONEST, heartfelt music??? Y'all don't make sense. If y'all wanna drop your bussies down, Stan for another artist. I'd rather her deliver music SHE loves and feels because NOTHING translates better than that. Y'all are ruining the fucking excitement. Debbie fucking downers...

i don't know if anyone else feels this way, but sometimes it comes off as if she loves something in the moment,  gasses it up, only to realize later that she didn't actually care for it. and the result is putting out music that isn't really...her. i totally support her right to express herself in whatever way she wants, but i think her choices of what gets released are often heavily influenced by sudden whims. if that makes sense. either way, the music is here and i'm looking forward to it.

well i agree with this. she makes last min changes alot. from what everyone is saying this wasnt the single to begin with as i said it reminds me of her making wildest dreams the 2nd single cause of her love for ryan

!! i didn't like that song  :dead:
well, as a single.

!!!!

there were plenty other perfect singles but alas its in the past.  as you said early at least we are getting new music

DrewBabyLove

September 25, 2019, 08:22:22 PM #454 Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:31:37 PM by DrewBabyLove
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 07:42:27 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 06:39:38 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:36:36 PM
IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

This is true.

It's that weird ass personality that's questionable 😂

What's weird to me is that y'all think y'all know her personality fully as if y'all know her personally. Most of y'all have never even had a conversation with her. Y'all think y'all know who she is and isn't based off small snippets of what y'all see and hear.

Well yeah i've been a stan since I was 8 years old so after 22+ years i think i got her figured out :udontlookok:

I think you don't. There's a difference between being a fan of someone for 22 years and having an idea of them (because that's all you have) and actually knowing someone personally for 22 years. They way y'all talk, you'd think y'all had a personal relationship. Stop the madness.

FRANCE

She's probably changed the single so many times. I was kinda hoping that when she released her song, we would get a visual at the same time, but its not gonna happen for this song I believe if it was just recently recorded. She legit just snatched a fan artwork on someone's instapage, did some edits and made it the cover. Probably Silent's ass did it for her along with this footage. Hmm....okay. I'm optimistic though.

FRANCE

Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 08:22:22 PM
IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

This is true.

What's weird to me is that y'all think y'all know her personality fully as if y'all know her personally. Most of y'all have never even had a conversation with her. Y'all think y'all know who she is and isn't based off small snippets of what y'all see and hear.

Well yeah i've been a stan since I was 8 years old so after 22+ years i think i got her figured out :udontlookok:

I think you don't. There's a difference between being a fan of someone for 22 years and having an idea of them (because that's all you have) and actually knowing someone personally for 22 years. They way y'all y'all, you'd think y'all had a personal relationship. Stop the madness.

To be fair, I think Brandy is still on a path of self-discovery herself. Which is good. But musically speaking, I think the point is that she has a pattern of doing things a certain way which cant be refuted.

Heated🔥

She's def releasing this because lashawn passed away.

KippDaddy

Quote from: 1996. on September 25, 2019, 08:18:39 PM
n

nobody is going to buy a Brandy album. Let's get fucking real here. I'd rather her release the type of music she wants, music that resonates within her and get that critical acclaim and make a lot of best albums lists rather than chase trends and go unnoticed like the last album. Like this isn't 2004. No one cares. She's independent radio isn't even an option. Let her do what makes her happy. I promise you it will workout better in the long run for her.

I agree.

I told
Sonja like
Let her do what makes her happy because clearly she has felt like she has only had a few moments in her career where she a was aunthentic.

I just hope we don't hear this again five years from now lol

KippDaddy

Ayo Lew where the fuck u at!?  I still have a bone to pick with u bro.   

Present yourself

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: COIS on September 25, 2019, 08:26:46 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 08:22:22 PM

This is true.

I think you don't. There's a difference between being a fan of someone for 22 years and having an idea of them (because that's all you have) and actually knowing someone personally for 22 years. They way y'all talk, you'd think y'all had a personal relationship. Stop the madness.

To be fair, I think Brandy is still on a path of self-discovery herself. Which is good. But musically speaking, I think the point is that she has a pattern of doing things a certain way which cant be refuted.

I can't argue that. You could absolutely be right. And we could have a conversation about the MUSIC and her as an artist all day but to say her personality is weird and say she's fake is a different thing in my opinion.

I've talked to Brandy at her 2/11 album release party and in New York during Chicago before I watched her stand outside for hours to hug, greet, sign autographs, and take pictures with fans 8 times a week for months. I know in those moments she was the sweetest, most down to earth, funny, real artist I've ever met. And it bothers me when "fans" sit on this board and speak so ill about her, especially when it's inaccurate. She ain't perfect but none of us are.

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: 1996. on September 25, 2019, 08:18:39 PM
n

Thank you! :kii:

She's 40 and an R&B artist, why they think she should be chasing after club and radio songs is fucking crazy. She's reached her peak commercially. Get over it.

Heated🔥

Quote from: TriBeCa on September 25, 2019, 08:09:13 PM
She always wants to release songs that speak her truth, like Wildest Dreams. She should just save that type of shit for the album, and release hit singles that people actually want to sing along to.
she def released that because she was with Ryan at the time.
That shoulda never been a single.
Especially when there was so many other options.