European and international members MLK day got me thinking

Started by Vonc2002, January 15, 2018, 09:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

All of these holidays we discuss on here are American Holidays. I know u guys don't celebrate things like thanksgiving that are exclusively US holidays, so what are your holidays? Do u guys have a black history month?  Is MLK big in London like he is here in the states?  Lets discuss
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FlowerBomb

We don't have MLK day in Europe, but we do have a Black History Month every Oct in the U.K...and that's it.

Cowgirl

I feel like other countries celebrate world leaders, not just their own, pretty heavily whereas the US will mainly focus on US people..

Vonc2002

Quote from: Vibrant on January 15, 2018, 10:18:26 AM
We don't have MLK day in Europe, but we do have a Black History Month every Oct in the U.K...and that's it.
So u guys don't have any U.K specific holidays? Like in America there's 4th of July, labor day, memorial day, etc. U guys don't have a memorial day equivalent?  Something that honors soldiers that went to war for the country?
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

Quote from: BowDown on January 15, 2018, 10:21:12 AM
I feel like other countries celebrate world leaders, not just their own, pretty heavily whereas the US will mainly focus on US people..
Well that's what I'm trying to see. Is there like a Ghandi or Mother Teresa day somewhere  :dead:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 15, 2018, 10:46:25 AM
So u guys don't have any U.K specific holidays? Like in America there's 4th of July, labor day, memorial day, etc. U guys don't have a memorial day equivalent?  Something that honors soldiers that went to war for the country?
nope

Vonc2002

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on January 15, 2018, 11:13:34 AM
we have the day of german unity
U know wh, this is actually a really good idea for a holiday.  I can't believe we don't have a day like that here. A place where  racism was actually a part of the legislation.  It would be cool for the govt to actually nurture nationwide unity. 

Vonc2002

Quote from: Vibrant on January 15, 2018, 11:17:57 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 15, 2018, 10:46:25 AM
nope
:uhh: :uhh: :uhh:  :uhh: :uhh:

FlowerBomb

But when the current Queen dies we?re getting a week off.

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

Quote from: Vibrant on January 15, 2018, 11:26:37 AM
There should be a damn day to celebrate the kings and queens before this bitch. The UK is trash is what I'm gathering :uhh:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 15, 2018, 11:27:48 AM
Quote from: Vibrant on January 15, 2018, 11:26:37 AM
There should be a damn day to celebrate the kings and queens before this bitch. The UK is trash is what I'm gathering :uhh:
We have had a lot of Kings and Queens hun
We?d be off for months! Queen Elizabeth II is our longest reigning Queen for 70 years, the longest reigning Queen or King in history, businesses, banks and schools will close for 12 days.
:ohwow:
Can?t wait tbh