Veronica Vega Discusses Her Use Of The N-Word

Started by Freemala Harris, February 16, 2018, 04:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

February 16, 2018, 04:43:14 AM Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:45:14 AM by Freeruu
Love & Hip Hop Miami Fans Were Fired Up About Veronica Vega?s Use Of The N-Word

Veronica Vega defended her right to say the N-word based on where she grew up and the experiences she?s faced in life. But that doesn?t mean everyone is buying it. Some think Veronica isn?t fully grasping the complicated history of that word and why its not hers to reinvent. Some even feel she?s being hypocritical considering she told Amara to get over her Young Hollywood?s insensitive comments about her hair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfIBp3WlpBy

http://www.vh1.com/news/348825/twitter-reacts-to-veronica-vega-using-the-n-word/

Marilyn

LOONA.

Are people legit upset over this or is just a bunch of dark skinned faux woke black women on Twitter?   

Gilgamesh.

But she's Latina :dead:

If it's any issue with her saying it y'all need to get on Fat Joe, French Monatna  etc

SouravMay

Well they lashed tf outta J. Lo when she said it. But then nobody cared about Angie Martinez.
B7

GLOCK

Sometimes u just gotta decide what and not to respond to
She?s clearly Latin and urban

Plea 

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Poseidon on February 16, 2018, 08:57:22 AM
Well they lashed tf outta J. Lo when she said it. But then nobody cared about Angie Martinez.

I think it's more about culture than race at this point.

J.Lo only aligned herself with Black artists for personal gain - Murder Inc was like the hottest able at the time. SO her using it seems disingenuous.

Angie, Joe etc have always been a part of the "culture"

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on February 16, 2018, 09:04:23 AM

J.Lo only aligned herself with Black artists for personal gain - Murder Inc was like the hottest able at the time. SO her using it seems disingenuous.

I don't agree. J Lo's from the Bronx - and she pointed out she lived (in that vidya where the old man couldn't figure out who she was  :dead: :dead: ) She was def from the hood.

Castle Hill area of the BX has a mixture of Blacks and Latinos living among one another.

Puerto Ricans don't even have to apply for a pass here. They share the same space a lot of times, and many of them are clearly people of color, so they experience a lot of the same mess.

J-Lo is generally a pop artist so there's really no need for her to be using profanity at every twist and turn..which is why we didn't hear the "n" word a lot from her.

Just because Angie and Fat Joe are rappers instead of singers doesn't give them more of a right IMO. That's the only difference. It's all about where you come from. You can take someone out of the hood  and "polish" them up a bit. Doesn't mean that they're not from the hood.

RAY7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on February 16, 2018, 09:04:23 AM

well J Lo was a ?Flyy Girl? on In Living Color before all of that
she?s definitely part of the culture ppl just wanna be fake woke and angry sometimes

Cowboy Nine

So do you guys let non-blacks call you nigga?

Just curious.

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: Nine on February 16, 2018, 09:17:44 AM
So do you guys let non-blacks call you nigga?

Just curious.
The dynamic is so different here in NYC.

I think unless you're from here there's a lot of things you may not understand or really "get".
It's understandable - once I left NYC to live other places I was in complete shock of how big of an issue race is.