Veronica Vega Discusses Her Use Of The N-Word

Started by Freemala Harris, February 16, 2018, 04:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ya rock muh world.

February 16, 2018, 12:51:42 PM #45 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:51:58 PM by southside bred.
Quote from: Poseidon on February 16, 2018, 12:50:43 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw that video
ggggggggggggggggggg

Those damn storefronts right next door to the house. I'm sorry it don't get more hood than that.

ya rock muh world.

February 16, 2018, 01:03:50 PM #46 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:04:44 PM by southside bred.
Quote from: Sl?Venchy on February 16, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
Attheennuhdedey one of my best friends is Cuban. He white like milk with green eyes. However his grandma is darkskin and his dad is a mulato with obvious nappy hair.

Ppl need to stop looking at us Caribbean?s trying to pre-select who?s black enough, black at all or allowed to use the N word. AA are not the police of the N word. The same Europeans that called y?all great granny?s the N word were the same motherfuckers we had to deal with
I think a lot of people forget that Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, etc were colonized just like America was...and their people represent a mixture of the Taino Indians who were first there and raped, etc. the White men who ran the show, and the Black slaves who were brought there from Africa.

It's such a variation among the way people look because there's difference in variations of genetic mixture depending on the family history. I've seen some Puerto Ricans who can say "I'm African American" and no one would question it, and other Puerto Ricans who look like they just stepped off a boat from France.

So it depends. But I WILL say that that those who appear to be Whiter/"non-Black" side should be aware that they could face backlash for doing or saying certain things. Here in America it's all about how you look. You can't wear your family history on your forehead or carry around a sign with your ethnic percentages in the street.

People will simply look at you and draw their conclusion on what they think you are. And even if you correct them, they'll still see you the same way.  So it's all about being aware that visuals are important here in the states. NOt just regarding the "n" word, but for everyone and everything here.  :dead:

Rxxf

February 16, 2018, 01:05:39 PM #47 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:29:13 PM by ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on February 16, 2018, 12:14:43 PM
Quote from: ???? on February 16, 2018, 11:15:17 AM
Quote from: Nine on February 16, 2018, 09:17:44 AM
So do you guys let non-blacks call you nigga?

Just curious.

My friends who are spanish, yes. It was more so growing up, though.
We all called EACH OTHER the "n" word. (i.e., "What's good my, n".) :dead: But this was during the late 90s, early 00's.
We don't even use the "n" word like that now, like AT ALL.  It's not even a part of our vocab.  :dead:  It was just phased out, more diverse circle of friends (who wouldn't DARE try it  :ummwhat:, etc.)

s

BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: southside bred. on February 16, 2018, 01:03:50 PM
Quote from: Sl?Venchy on February 16, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
Attheennuhdedey one of my best friends is Cuban. He white like milk with green eyes. However his grandma is darkskin and his dad is a mulato with obvious nappy hair.

Ppl need to stop looking at us Caribbean?s trying to pre-select who?s black enough, black at all or allowed to use the N word. AA are not the police of the N word. The same Europeans that called y?all great granny?s the N word were the same motherfuckers we had to deal with
I think a lot of people forget that Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, etc were colonized just like America was...and their people represent a mixture of the Taino Indians who were first there and raped, etc. the White men who ran the show, and the Black slaves who were brought there from Africa.

It's such a variation among the way people look because there's difference in variations of genetic mixture depending on the family history. I've seen some Puerto Ricans who can say "I'm African American" and no one would question it, and other Puerto Ricans who look like they just stepped off a boat from France.

So it depends. But I WILL say that that those who appear to be Whiter/"non-Black" side should be aware that they could face backlash for doing or saying certain things. Here in America it's all about how you look. You can't wear your family history on your forehead or carry around a sign with your ethnic percentages in the street.

People will simply look at you and draw their conclusion on what they think you are. And even if you correct them, they'll still see you the same way.  So it's all about being aware that visuals are important here in the states. NOt just regarding the "n" word, but for everyone and everything here.  :dead:
BRANDY

GLOCK

Quote from: Andrais. on February 16, 2018, 11:21:13 AM
Quote from: glock on February 16, 2018, 11:15:02 AM
Didn?t she say her grandmother is black?
Why did this make it pass the first page

Black folks be yelling about the wrong shit.. ?oh used the n word?

Yet they sit up comparing skin complexions, calling folks nappy headed, shooting each other up and mess..

Save it :dead:

fjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Bro

:guys:

I don't even take black people seriously most of the time.   

nxbxbxnx

Crying about the wrong shit :guys:

Rxxf

Quote from: glock on February 16, 2018, 01:14:34 PM
Quote from: Andrais. on February 16, 2018, 11:21:13 AM
Quote from: glock on February 16, 2018, 11:15:02 AM
Didn?t she say her grandmother is black?
Why did this make it pass the first page

Black folks be yelling about the wrong shit.. ?oh used the n word?

Yet they sit up comparing skin complexions, calling folks nappy headed, shooting each other up and mess..

Save it :dead:

fjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Bro

:guys:

I don't even take black people seriously most of the time.   

nxbxbxnx

Crying about the wrong shit :guys:

:plzstop:
BRANDY