FACT MAG's Best 50 Albums of 2015 |?Did your fave make the cut?

Started by ForTheLoveofKellz, December 09, 2015, 05:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on December 09, 2015, 05:16:00 PM
QuoteKelela only gives us 25 minutes of music on Hallucinogen, but across these six tracks of diamond-hard, deeply sensual, thoroughly modern r&b she doesn?t put a foot wrong. Showing off her sharpened songwriting throughout, Kelela reunites with Nguzunguzu, Kingdom and Girl Unit on ?Gomenasai? and ?Rewind?, her coolly controlled vocals and endlessly catchy hooks urging comparisons with Janet Jackson and Aaliyah, while the considerable talents of DJ Dahi result in one of the best quiet storm smoulderers of the decade in ?All The Way Down?, a love song as meticulously crafted as a Japanese puzzle box.

The record?s weirdest moments emerge through collaborations with Arca on ?The Message? (also one of her best vocal performances yet) and the semi-improvised glossolalia thread ?Hallucinogen?, a landscape of trash cans and broken glass rendered beautiful through rippling vocal FX and syrupy, pitch-bent synths. The final bow is a rewind for ?The High?, a post-Weeknd, narcotically numbed sex jam originally produced with LA producer Gifted & Blessed, and in fact the first track Kelela ever recorded. Where Cut 4 Me introduced a raw talent with a taste for outer-limits production, Hallucinogen makes good on that promise, revealing an artist with a distinct voice and a deep understanding of how to get the best out of her collaborators. And it?s still just the EP before the proper debut album.

perch queen  :ohwow:

:tellmemoreireallycare:

ForTheLoveofKellz

Wow dumblonde is fucking awful and no where near this list.
:young:

yummy

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on December 09, 2015, 05:18:21 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on December 09, 2015, 05:16:00 PM
QuoteKelela only gives us 25 minutes of music on Hallucinogen, but across these six tracks of diamond-hard, deeply sensual, thoroughly modern r&b she doesn?t put a foot wrong. Showing off her sharpened songwriting throughout, Kelela reunites with Nguzunguzu, Kingdom and Girl Unit on ?Gomenasai? and ?Rewind?, her coolly controlled vocals and endlessly catchy hooks urging comparisons with Janet Jackson and Aaliyah, while the considerable talents of DJ Dahi result in one of the best quiet storm smoulderers of the decade in ?All The Way Down?, a love song as meticulously crafted as a Japanese puzzle box.

The record?s weirdest moments emerge through collaborations with Arca on ?The Message? (also one of her best vocal performances yet) and the semi-improvised glossolalia thread ?Hallucinogen?, a landscape of trash cans and broken glass rendered beautiful through rippling vocal FX and syrupy, pitch-bent synths. The final bow is a rewind for ?The High?, a post-Weeknd, narcotically numbed sex jam originally produced with LA producer Gifted & Blessed, and in fact the first track Kelela ever recorded. Where Cut 4 Me introduced a raw talent with a taste for outer-limits production, Hallucinogen makes good on that promise, revealing an artist with a distinct voice and a deep understanding of how to get the best out of her collaborators. And it?s still just the EP before the proper debut album.

perch queen  :ohwow:

:tellmemoreireallycare:

I want Brandy to work with DJ Dahi  :howfestive:

JRocka

Quote from: ANIMMAI on December 09, 2015, 05:16:41 PM
Quote from: LiBra on December 09, 2015, 05:15:41 PM
omg i didn't know people used Junglepussy....i want her to blow up so badly :loose2when:

I was just listening to Pregnant With Success  :supluv: I luv her

finally we agreed on some the same kind of music  :dead: but you may love her mixtape as well Satisfaction Guaranteed  https://soundcloud.com/vice/sets/junglepussys-satisfaction-guaranteed  :supluv:

yummy

Quote from: LiBra on December 09, 2015, 05:20:51 PM
omg i didn't know people used Junglepussy....i want her to blow up so badly :loose2when:

finally we agreed on some the same kind of music  :dead: but you may love her mixtape as well Satisfaction Guaranteed   :supluv:

"Mih Nuh Care" is my fckn tune  :flamebroiled: I saw her perform in Brooklyn a few years back. She's dope.

And I take back what I said about your taste being shitty (minus being a Brit)

JRocka

Quote from: ANIMMAI on December 09, 2015, 05:22:36 PM
Quote from: LiBra on December 09, 2015, 05:20:51 PM

finally we agreed on some the same kind of music  :dead: but you may love her mixtape as well Satisfaction Guaranteed   :supluv:

"Mih Nuh Care" is my fckn tune  :flamebroiled: I saw her perform in Brooklyn a few years back. She's dope.

And I take back what I said about your taste being shitty (minus being a Brit)

damn i would love to see her live...yea i know Brit ain't for everyone  :dead: you're forgiven! well i'm glad Malc posted this i got some new artist to check out on here

AIDS!

Gilgamesh.

RAY7